It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul mates fact or fiction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

Nia, there is NOTHING in the outside world, in another person, that you cannot "grow" within yourself. And Being being what it is, you will find bliss that way (i.e. outside a relationship of erotic love) - even if it sounds much less "romantic" NOW.

As much as I admire and respect Plato, I think he should have made this particular point A LOT more clear...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

sorry, but what f... o... will you tell me about the outside world? I don´t speak about the outside world. o.k
I speak about dual-souls and they definitly exists...
and I can write you a book about the feeling what happens if the f..world is standing in the middle and say: no, sorry not in this life, girl.

nia

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

Read what I wrote once again, Nia...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

"maybe she was your soul mate - but, lesson learned - class over

new class next life

but like I said - a little fuzzy on the details "

jep... little fuzzy on the details...
I think this means it exactly, like both run away where they should come together.
funny world..
nia

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think that we have numerous soul mates and choose to incarnate with them in order to assist in working out karmic entanglements. Some believe that there are "Soul Groups" which from the point of willfull separation from the creative force have chosen to incarnate together for this same purpose. Them there is the concept of a "Twin Soul", basically the separation of the male and female aspects of one soul which need to be unified through incarnation together. Cayce has some readings on this stuff and some eastern spiritual teachings talk about this. The gnostic gospel of Thomas talks about the female soul becoming male or joining with the male as being necessary for re-uniting with God.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

it's an interesting question - one of the earlier posters mentioned that she saw that relationship with her mother

and like I said - I don't necessarily see it as being about love/romance/sex

it's true female/male is a polarity

but if you really want to get into this subject - well, cripes - where do you start?

what is the soul, is there a soul, - what is your actual identity?

I've always had this notion that we're each individual parts of one whole

if there is something to the two parts of one whole idea - maybe your soul mate is a destiny of sorts - where you will inevitably end up - it is you to some extent

so your gender - or gender preference - is not necessary to the equation

if we're going to talk about souls - we may as well bring up angels - just to make a point

they've been described many times as being genderless/asexual

so - the polarity and necessity of two genders - might just be a pragmatic, production oriented system for our physical selves - but means nothing whatsoever to our spiritual, everlasting selves

you know - if you believe in that sort of thing :-)

but - if this thread is talking about the classic subject of soul mates - as being your one true mate - and then Soul mates - Fact or Fiction? - well, I don't exactly have science to back me up - but I say fact

because I've heard some amazing stories about people finding other people

and just this overwhelming sense most people seem to have that there's someone out there they need to find

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

and like I said - I don't necessarily see it as being about love/romance/sex

it's true female/male is a polarity

i agree with you...i wrote in here already that my ex-bf and i was soulmates...but you be right..its not only the love/romance and xxx thing...it could be also a friendship, the own childs, parents, even a house-pet i guess...

my best mate and me got some like that also...if i think it over...and thats what he's girlfriend dont understand that my mate and me got something special like that...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I believe that meeting your soulmate is about learning lessons in life that you are meant to know good or bad. I do believe there are people you are destined to meet, as everything has a reason for being even if we don't know what that reason is.

If I ever meet another soul mate I will not reveal my feelings of this. I think it will add too much pressure for both people involved. It would or might create a atmosphere that may be too hard to live up to.

BTW the opinions/replies have been awesome.
Thanks for the participation.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
thats my opinion too...evrything in live has a reason for whatever...and i think we all learn from it...some ppl more ..some less...
but if you figure out that could be your soul-mate...you might create this atmosphere unknowingly?...just a thought...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This is a great thread. All the posts have so much emotion behind them. It's a close topic I guess.

Originally posted by quaple_pouge
I do believe that there is someone out there for everyone to "complete" them.

I am married, and while I love my husband dearly and can not imagine being without him, I know he is not my soul mate and it kinda makes me sad if I think about it too much.

I believe that a soulmate happens when you develop the relationship over a period of lifetimes. Maybe you husband and you are destined to be soulmates, hence the chemistry, but the relationship is still 'new' at that level.

When you meet again in a future life, the closeness you develop in this life will rekindle instantly and you'll know you've found your soulmate...

I believe my husband is my soulmate. I was 18 when I met him, I'd never had a serious boyfriend before, and I've never looked twice at another man since (over ten years). He was older than me, reputed to a be a bit of a womaniser, and had given up on love and was set to marry for money. He broke it off in a fit of romantic conscience, met me one month later and never looked back (that I know of). He says now that he knew in his heart when he flicked is fiance there was some thing better out there for him.

When I read over that it sounds made up, but it's not.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The answer to this depends on my mood. Today I'd say .. yes .. there are soul mates out there. Some people have them. Others do not. I think the soul mate thing develops over many lifetimes. Either that, or God knows some people need soul mates in life so He creates some for us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join