It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A reason we do not see more UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The other morning on my way to work I saw a small flock of ducks (there are several rivers and a big lake in my area). For about a minute or so they flew along in a pretty straight line, then suddenly they veered off at about a 45 deg. angle and flew for 10 seconds or so, then turned back onto their original heading. It pretty much looked like they flew around something, but there was nothing there. I have seen this type of behavior a couple of times before, and also seen some other odd and fascinating behaviors from flocks of birds, so I didn't think too much of it.

Apparently, however, my brain went off and started putting things together without me, which it sometimes does, and came up with an idea comprised of pieces from the bird maneuvers, posts I've read here on ATS, movies I've seen, and books I've read.

What if there are a lot more UFOs up there than we ever see, but they are cloaked (invisible)? Humans already have the early stages of such technology:

Active camouflage is poised to develop at a rapid pace with the development of organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) and other technologies which allow for images to be projected onto irregularly-shaped surfaces. With the addition of a camera, an object may not be made completely invisible, but may in theory mimic enough of its surrounding background to avoid detection by the human eye as well as optical sensors.
Source

However, this led to the question, "why do we see them at all if they are cloaked?" Perhaps the cloaking tech takes a lot of energy and can fail partially or fully when they are "low on gas." Perhaps some technology that we use interferes with their cloaking. Between radio waves, microwaves, weather radar, regular radar, cell phone signals, satellite TV .. Well, let's just say there are plenty of broadcast signals and emanations that could possibly interfere with them. Hence reports of semi-transparent UFOs, UFOs that appear out of nowhere or suddenly disappear, and UFOs that "shimmer" or seem to fade in and out of sight.

Some reports also seem to possibly indicate that UFOnauts don't always realize when their cloaking has failed, until they notice humans looking at them, whereupon they suddenly speed off or disappear.

I suspect also that they may have a Collision Avoidance System. Again this is technology that we are already developing.

Birmingham, England - TRW Automotive, a major automotive supplier, unveiled a new automated safety system yesterday that combines active safety systems - braking, steering, suspension and vehicle control systems - with video and radar sensing to automatically avoid collisions.
Source

This would explain why they are not too concerned about aircraft who can't see them bumping into them, and might also explain some reports of UFOs which flew straight at airplanes only to veer off at the "last second." If the craft were on autopilot and only deviated when the automatic CAS kicked in, wouldn't you get exactly that behavior? Makes more sense to me than aliens playing "chicken" with jumbo jets. Besides, even aliens have to catch a nap now and then.

Maybe those ducks were avoiding something they could sense but I couldn't see? Perhaps there are many more UFOs in our skies than we can see, watching us.

And, I know I will get
and
for this next suggestion, but I wonder if possibly some of our "no-fly" zones exist because there are cloaked spacecraft parked or tethered in the vicinity.

Have you ever seen a group of stars disappear, and then return? Maybe it was just a high passing cloud. Or maybe not.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We see them when they want us to see them. They have control over who sees and who doesn't and when. You can be in a crowd all looking in the same direction and some will see, some won't at the discretion of those in the craft. It's a mind lock/unlock thing.

I realise this sounds dubious and unprovable, just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I believe its possible that UFOs are cloaking capable, whether it is of alien nature or not. But if it is of alien nature, I think the theory is more plausible, simply because if they have mastered space travel to the degree that it would take to get to Earth, then cloaking really is not out of reach technologically.

Animals are more in tune with their natural senses than humans are. They don't necessarily think, they just react based on instincts. Their instincts usually are right. We take the time to think things out and end up over thinking, and the result is sometimes a negative one, or one we weren't looking or hoping for.

Animals can see and sense things that humans may not be able to see or sense. They may not necessarily know why they are reacting or what it is that they are seeing or sensing, but they know enough to get out of the way or leave. This can be proved by the many documented cases of animals leaving an area that is about to experience an earthquake.

UFOs exist, by definition. Whether or not they are of alien nature is the real question and is up for debate. They may contain cloaking devices, and those devices may sometimes fail, which could be why we see UFOs. However, it could be, also, that whoever is behind these UFOs wants to be seen. Whether it is humans, who would use it for some sort of conditioning or fear agenda, or aliens, possibly for some disclosure or awareness agenda, or perhaps another agenda that is beyond our comprehension or awareness.

I have not personally experienced anything like you are describing, but I have seen a star fade and blur, only to return to its normal appearance minutes later. Why this happened, I don't know.

This is an interesting topic. There are many things we don't, can't and probably never will understand. This may be one of them.

[edit on 8/5/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Heike,

I think you may be on to something. Just last night I was watching the sky and a group of four "stars" in a triangular formation were actually blinking on and off. Last week I was outside my house in broad daylight talking to a neighbor when just above the treeline over the steet I saw the flash of a silver sphere shaped object accelerate at a 45 degree angle VERY FAST. The sunlight caught thre reflection of the metasl as it accelerated, that's why I noticed it. I couldn't see it before then, and it was gone in a flash.

Twice a few years ago when I lived in the country in SW Missouri I saw several bright round lights flying in formation. Upon closer inspection you could see they were flying around something that you vouldn;t visibly see but it was so masive it blocked the stars behind it. You could see the outline of it from the stars it blocked. You could see the outline of it from the stars it blocked. It was HUGE.

So yes, I think ETs probably have invisibility technology, and we probably got it from them.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by searchingforthetruth]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I believe that the reason most americans don't see more UFOS is because they don't have Maps.

And I believe that alot of people are in bed a sleep when the UFOS fly over their house.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think you bring a fresh and intriguing idea to the forum, and I thank you. This is the kind of "debatative" thought-provocation I really enjoy, as it doesn't engage any of our preconceived notions, nor morality/religious concepts.

What IF? What an incredible concept...... to imagine that the "others" aren't perfect, that their systems are not infallible, that Terrestrial signals and matrices might just influences their systems. I love it. I think your postulate has real merit.

Now this is hardly something testable, so it won't rank in the norms of emperical data, but I think you're onto something here. Big time Kuros, and S&F.

I think this is going to be a favorite thread for a while.

cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the positive responses! I'm excited!

Here are a few sightings that seem to describe the sort of thing I'm talking about:

Transparent V-shaped UFO

As I focused on the object I could see that it was approximately 900 - 1500 feet above me and it was a very large V shaped object almost transparent. So much so that I had to question weather or not I was actually seeing it or not.

UFOs No Joke

Several pilots offered dramatic accounts of witnessing UFOs -- including a transparent flying disc and a triangular craft with mysterious markings

UFO Roundup

It almost looked as if it was chasing the plane, because the airliner was accelerating, but the object kept pace. As it passed to the south, you could definitely see that the object was separate from the plane. It (the UFO) just seemed to disappear into thin air.

They stopped the car and got out. The UFO looked like the moon but was slightly smaller and was white-colored. After five minutes of observation, the UFO faded away like a cloud or smoke.

And I will dare now to add my own personal experience. While on a camping trip in Colorado, I was relaxing in a folding chair after a long hike and admiring the mountain scenery. Movement caught my eye and I followed it for several minutes, but I couldn't really SEE anything. It was as though a curved piece of glass, or something like the lens of a pair of glasses, was moving in front of me. I couldn't discern an object, I could see a pattern of distortion, and it was moving. At the time, I passed it off as my eyes playing tricks on me, but I guess I didn't fool myself because I've never forgotten it.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm not registered, obviously, but I remember a time about six or seven years ago....

I was having dinner on some yacht off the coast of Brisbane, and my cousin had recently been given these "Spy Binoculars" - some small child's toy with a green light on it to simulate night vision, but anyway.

I was looking through them, and I saw the infamous "ring of lights", just floating at about 35 degrees above the horizon, and then before I could say anything about it like "isn't that strange?" it zoomed off and 2 seconds later, still flying at about apparent speed of 1m/s, it disappeared.

No explanation...

It may have been cloaking. It may have been teleport or jumping, but I dunno. Can anyone else provide input?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I have experienced something similar that works well with your theory.
(I apologize that I have to be vague with my "job", I don't feel comfortable with revealing those details because I still work with the same employer and could possibly get in legal trouble; however the important information is there.)

It was a spring day in Las Vegas and my co-workers and I had to be outside in the heat. We were pretty much confined to a small area and after about an hour we were in the shade like a cloud had crossed the sun. "Ahhh that feels good", I thought, "the heat isn't so bad now." Twenty minutes later I look up to the sky to see the clouds because I wondered how much longer the shade would last. And.... there were no clouds, just the sun. I stand up and walk over to higher ground and look around there is about 200m circle of shade around my co-workers and I. There is nothing that could give us this shade. So I think to myself "maybe im just going alittle crazy from the heat" and decide to go back to what i was doing. 2 hours later (still in the shade) We are allowed to move back inside and almost immediately the shade moves away from us much like a cloud passing over the sun. I brought this up to the others and some noticed as well. It could have been one of your cloaked ships; we could see the sun from underneath but the actual sunlight was still getting blocked enough to have a shadow casted over and area of interest. Whatcha think?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by searchingforthetruth

Twice a few years ago when I lived in the country in SW Missouri I saw several bright round lights flying in formation. Upon closer inspection you could see they were flying around something that you vouldn;t visibly see but it was so masive it blocked the stars behind it. You could see the outline of it from the stars it blocked. You could see the outline of it from the stars it blocked. It was HUGE.

Wow, I'm from SW Mo! Used to live about 10 miles north of Springfield. How long ago was that, if you don't mind me asking?

Reason I ask is back in '85 or '86 I saw a black triangle UFO in the car with my parents on the way back to our house, around 9 or 9:30 p.m.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Whoa! That's cool. I think it fits perfectly. As I understand the technology, (of course theirs might be different, but hey - it's just a theory) the cloaked object is not really invisible, but what is behind it is projected onto the front of it so that it blends in. In other words, when you looked up you were actually seeing the underside of the craft, but it was made to look like the sky around it. Does that make sense?

It is quite odd that it stayed over you for so long. I wonder if it was watching what you were doing, or if that was just a convenient parking space? But then if it moved off when y'all went back inside, that does seem like it was watching you.

Pretty wild, and thanks so much for posting!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
What if there are a lot more UFOs up there than we ever see, but they are cloaked (invisible)? Humans already have the early stages of such technology:

Ummm... okay...? What If? As I thought I understood it this is already a given.

Is it just me or wasn't this already a known fact?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

If so, Incarnated, I'm not aware of it. I did do some googling before I posted but didn't come up with much. Perhaps I was using the wrong terminology or not looking in the right places. If you have some information, would you mind sharing it, or links to it?
Thanks very much.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What I am going to state here is a belief...and solely a belief, or theory if you will.

The UFOs do not need a cloaking device. We are all energy. Mostly vibrating energy, creating our own limitations.

UFOs, demons...all of these things are always present. They do not go anywhere. We cannot see them, because they choose that we don't.

Let me explain. I, and a few others, believe everything vibrates and resonates at different frequencies. The frequency we are currently on allows us to observe only 4 dimensions. Beings who have evolved in energy can observe more. They can observe us, while we cannot observe them.

Higher energies are able to change their frequencies and can allow themselves to be seen, for what reason, I do not know. When we see aliens, UFOs, demons etc...we see life forms vibrating on our frequency. Some of us have head-starts(for lack of a better word) and are vibrating at slightly higher frequencies than most of us and see and feel these things more frequently than most folk.

The spiritual realm and other realms alike are simply areas of existence/consciousness that vibrate on a different frequency than we do. They are always here...but we cannot be a part of it because we do not resonate with the same frequency.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Starred and flagged for a excellent post. Yes I have thought this many times that there is the possiblity of "cloaking". I have watched "History and Future of Weapons" and our technology is already beginning to be able to cloak, hide stuff so if "they" are a few years/decades/centuries ahead of us who is to say.

Sometimes I have actually "felt" something there in the sky overhead but looking up saw nothing.

Again, excellent post!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thanks, ofhumandescent! Appreciate the positive feedback.

I have recently begun reading up on "sky falls," reports of things falling out of the sky such as fish, frogs, rocks, meat, blood .. and birds. I'm sure most of us have, at one time or another, seen a bird fly into glass, fall to the ground, and die. It's unfortunate and unpleasant, but it happens. Birds don't have sonar or radar - if they can't see it, they can't avoid it.

I'm intrigued to have come across quite a few reports of birds falling out of the sky that are still alive, and according to witness reports exhibit behavior (twitching, flopping about, weakly trying to flap their wings or get up, etc.) which is identical to behavior that I have observed in birds who've just smacked into a window.

So, I have to wonder .. in cases where a few dozen birds fall out of the sky and die, and autopsies fail to reveal any pathogen responsible for their deaths .. could they have run into a cloaked UFO?

Officially these reports are blamed on smoke, pesticides, "a cloud of ammonia in the sky," or sometimes the official word is basically "we don't know what killed them, but it's not a threat to the human population so don't worry about it." Huh?

Suppose they discovered that the birds had died of broken necks and head injuries, and released that information. The probable response from the public would be "well, what did they run into?" We know that the occasional bird may run afoul of a plane, but not a whole flock - after all, they can see it. Releasing such results would create a whole new mystery that officialdom would NOT want to deal with, so instead they tell us "it wasn't West Nile, don't worry about it" or give pesticide and ammonia cloud explanations.

Note also that in many cases, workers are dispatched to pick up the birds with extreme haste, sometimes collecting them while they are still falling. Of course you can say that dead birds are unpleasant and disturbing to have lying about, but still .. how often does officialdom respond with such alacrity to take care of something that is merely unpleasant or "looks bad?"

Of course you see where I am going with this, and I won't run my theory too much further into the ground. In some cases I wonder if birds actually run into a solid object that is cloaked, or if perhaps the energy fields that surround UFOs, perhaps even the cloaking field itself, are harmful to the birds and cause them to die so quickly that they literally fall out of the sky. Although I know perfectly well that sick and injured birds will go to desperate lengths to hide their condition, acting as normal as they possibly can, I also know that flying takes a great deal of energy, and energy is what a sick bird runs out of very quickly. I would logically expect that sick birds would fall out of trees dead after being perched for a while, too sick to fly, than that they would succumb to illness in mid-flight.

More evidence for my theory?

top topics

join