It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to ban the sale/transfer of ALL Semi-Automatic weapons.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Are you suggesting we vote for McCain? He did an interview and stated raising taxes (payroll and others) would not be off the table. Will he change his mind about guns? Absolutely
I'm voting for Bob Barr.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

As much as I would love to believe more of us would vote for Bob Barr, I can only see spliting the vote as the only way for Obama to win. The thought of Obama picking SCOTUS replacements is far scarier than McCain in office.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Right, because anyone who wants to eliminate powerful killing weapons is evil. I suggest you leave your doomsday bunker and get a bit of freash air.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Third party movement isnt where it needs to be this year. Too much attention is on Obama. I like Barr, but I also liked Paul. Reality is, the best way to keep more restrictive gun laws away from us is to defeat Obama with McCain and hope the political climate is better in 2012 for a libertarian.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

McCain is worse than any of them because we really don't know what he is for. At least we know what Mr Barr is for. He is gaining in the polls and there is a chance.
I grew up around guns all my life and have a healthy respect for them. Teach a healthy respect, and there will be less gun violence.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Looks like 5,000 reads in 24hrs.

Vote the way you believe will ensure the American constitution and the Bill of rights will be upheld.

Personally I would not have cared if Obama built an Islamic mosque in the white house yard for his own use. Take away or nullify the bill of rights, and specifically the second amendment, and that is a whole different ball game.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
reply to post by Illahee

Right, because anyone who wants to eliminate powerful killing weapons is evil. I suggest you leave your doomsday bunker and get a bit of freash air.

Perhaps you care to elaborate and not just toss out mentally deficient remarks? Is there substance to your thought or vapor? Please elaborate so it may be known.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This title thread is still a flat out lie. I will ask the OP again, point me to any credible source that Obama is set to ban semi automatic weapons.
You are just second guessing what he may or may not do and present it as a fact.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Please review the posting by Infolurker on page 7

Then again recourse through the original link and and he has made it quite clear he intends to ban on the federal level.

It may not be a source you accept, but it is in fact a compilation of credited sources from many differing locations, and lists credible facts.

The voting histories and public statements stand.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Are my guns defective since they have never killed anyone?

You do know a gun has never killed anyone when it wasn't being wielded by a human right?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

www2.vote-smart.org...

Gun Issues
(Back to top) Indicate which principles you support (if any) concerning gun issues.
X a) Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
X b) Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
c) Maintain state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
d) Ease state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
e) Repeal state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms by law-abiding citizens.
f) Favor allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms.
X g) Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
h) Other

Hmm... looks like a pretty accurate thread title to me. Passes the litmus test for truth, passes for factual, and passes for being exactly what Obama said he supported on the PCT. Seems like you are in error.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
BTW, I find the fact that "allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons" is even being asked to our elected representatives to be outrageous. My God, "allowing" a US citizen to exercise a Constitutional right!?!? Could you imagine the outrage if the question was "Do you favor allowing citizens to legally assemble in protest?" or "Do you favor allowing citizens to keep from being forced to incriminate themselves?" There would be chaos in the damn streets... but for some reason that 2nd amendment is the one so many politicians and leftists are all to happy to reach for when they run short of Charmin toilet paper...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Maybe you should look here. It might enlighten you to Obama's former stands and his flip-flop. Just like 90% of his past, he says one thing one time, then changes his mind when he needs votes from whatever group he happens to be talking to at the time!! SOP for most politicos? Yes, but with him its more than just a few issues!

www.ontheissues.org...

Zindo

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
After reading through this thread I thought I would clear up some misconceptions that Europeans and even some Americans have on how easy it is to buy a gun in the states.
here's the procedure,
You need a valid photo ID
You fill out a BATF form which asks a bunch of questions about your legal status and criminal history. (lieing on the form is a felony)
The gun dealer calls the F.B.I. with your information and they run a instant background check. After which the F.B.I. will tell the dealer that he can proceed with the sale or that you have been denied. They can also put a delay on the sale for 4 days if they want to investigate you further.

Reading some posts would lead one to believe that a 13 year old can walk into a hardware store and walk out with a machine gun.

The right to defend yourself and your family is the most basic of human rights. I truly feel sorry for the folks who have chosen to give up their liberty in exchange for an imagined security. I hope you never see the day when it all breaks down and the government is not there to "protect" you.
The wolves will be out in packs and the sheep will be slaughtered.
Thank God I live in a nation that still has a few sheepdogs around to chase away the wolves.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There's really no need to post anything from an outside source. Barack Obama's own Senate website contains an article from the Chicago Tribune telling us that he supports a permanent assault weapons ban. Given the largely superficial differences between an 'assault rifle' and a typical semi-automatic hunting rifle, I have little doubt that he would extend it past just traditional 'assault' rifles. I think most of the gun grabbers would do so.

From Obama's own Senate website:

Obama called for better enforcement of existing gun laws, tighter background checks on gun buyers and for making an expired assault weapon ban permanent.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
its the same old story welcome to Germany 1940 kiss your butt,s good bye; (wake up before its to late )
its time for all good women and men to here the call and stand up to these fools
Capt jack

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nobody can take away the guns from American people.

They can take away freedom of speech. But trust me.

They can't take away guns.

By banning the sale or transfer of weapons will be one step to outlawing all weapons.

I hope the American people recognize this.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
here are news articles with obama gun ban in them.

news.google.com...

hope that helps.

btw. When I see a candidate that says everyone needs to have a gun by law. Then that's the guy to vote for.
An armed society is a polite one.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

Just what I was saying thank you. The presenter says that banning guns doesn't represent his CURRENT views. Why is it so hard for so many here to understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join