It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to ban the sale/transfer of ALL Semi-Automatic weapons.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

not my country so you'll prob say none of my business though, about *snip* time!

i was in the states earlier this year i couldent beleive how accessable guns are

i live in australia so excuse me if i cant understand the theory behind your right to bare arms.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Obama can try all he wants. The problem won't be him getting a ban. The problem will be coming to collect the banned guns from us citizens. I believe that's the only reason our government hasn't tried taking them away yet. They haven't figured out how they would collect the guns without us killing them in the process.

It's my opinion that if they were to somehow abolish the 2nd amendment it wouldn't be as simple as going house to house. I think we'd see people banding together to fight it and with most of our guardsmen overseas our local governments just wouldn't have the manpower to do something of this magnitude. Using local LEO's wouldn't cut it, there's just not enough cops to do their job now as it is. Take my town for example. We outnumber the police in this town around 100 to 1. They would be slaughtered if they tried it and knowing the idiots we have in law enforcement in this town they would be more than happy and stupid to follow blindly and try it.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Are most of you guys savages? What is your need for having Guns?

In my country you cant own ANY gun, unless you have a valid reason, like a farmer. Even then you are restricted to the type of gun you have.

I can't believe the attitudes of some people on here. It simply disgusting. I guess it just goes to show you that the mentality over there is that you need guns for protection.

This type of policy is WELL overdue. The US is lagging behind the rest of the world big time on this one.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by enlighten2012

enlighten2012, the theory behind our 2nd amendment is to keep our government in check and keep us from having to go through a tyrannical period like we had before our revolution. More or less.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I hate Osama, I mean Obama.....

He's just another progressive-leftwing-commie scumbag.... who unfortunately has an alrming command of neuro-linguistic programming.... just like Clinton had.... that is why he is so "loved" by the simple minded in our great united States. Gosh I really hope he isn't elected. We'll be looking at 21% interest rates on our mortgages if he does.

God help us.....

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
Obama can try all he wants. The problem won't be him getting a ban. The problem will be coming to collect the banned guns from us citizens. I believe that's the only reason our government hasn't tried taking them away yet. They haven't figured out how they would collect the guns without us killing them in the process.

They'll bring in foreign troops. More than likey the Chinese via a request to the UN for help to "squelch" the "terrorist" (i.e. patriotic Constitutional militia).

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Mass panic syndrome at work.

The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere. The problem is far too many unqualified people that acquire guns, and they either end up used in suicides, getting stolen by criminials (and used in more violent crimes) or killing children that play with them.

Just the ignornant response about "why should I have to buy a locking mechanism with my gun?" Why? because for everyone of YOU out there that may be responsible with your weapon, there are 5 gun owners out that aren't. And other people suffer for it. Your right to bear arms is starting to infringe on my right to live a safe peaceful life when it gets out of control.

Are some of you seriously afraid that if you didn't have a cache of weapons in your house the federal government will 'take over' the country? Put down your copy of 1984 and come back down to reality. Is the president going to walk up to your house and demand your obedience? Because the US Military sure won't. We follow the orders of the President so long as it's lawful and constitutional, and the minute any president would try to overstep his bounds in that way, the JCS (Joint Chiefs of Staff) would appeal to congress to have the loon impeached.

Interesting article from Canada about gun control: www.albertalocalnews.com...

I feel like I keep saying the same thing in every other 'government conspiricy' thread. I'm active duty Air Force. I've worked with the federal government on almost every level. They're not out to get you. They're not out to take away your constitutional rights. They're everyday people, just like you, that enjoy the same freedoms and liberties that you have.

Some people are just sick of the idiots out there that exercise their right to bear arms, and then tragedies happen because of their negligence. It happens too often.

I am US Military.
I am a gun owner.
I don't fear our government.
I fear overzealous, paranoid, and armed civilians far more.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

appologize once again for my ignoarance but how is it keeping your government in check?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Obama shoudl really change his mind on this stance, it is pretty much the same stance that really cost Gore the election in 2000. And people can whine and cry that it was really stolen anyway but the truth of it is he scared alot of people off with his stance on gun control and no one ever really forgot how hard he and his wife pushed to censor the recording industry.

The two cities that had the highest murder rates also have the stricktest gun control laws, I do not understand how many of these liberal fools let this fact escape them everytime this subject comes up making laws tougher for the law abiding citizens does not by any means make it more difficult for the ones using them for unlawful purposes, criminals do not care wether they are breaking the law or not so obtaining an illegal firearm is of no concern to them.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by enlighten2012

apologize once again for my ignorance but how is it keeping your government in check?

That's a good question.

The only answer I can give you is it keeps them from taking total control over our lives and keeps what remaining rights we have from disappearing. But it takes more than the 2nd amendment to do that. It takes our voices as well. To me the 1st and 2nd amendments go hand in hand. Use your voice to express your opposition in government actions and when your voices fall on deaf ears refer to the right to bear arms.

Hope that made sense, I'm a bit on the tired side.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

appologize once again for my ignoarance but how is it keeping your government in check?

It's not. The problem with alot of Americans is that we are naturally paranoid of our own government to the point that they're afraid that the government is just waiting for the moment that it's citizens are disarmed to pounce on them and become a tyrannical dictatorship and control the population like some kind of sci-fi movie. I realize it makes no sense what-so-ever, but thats just how some people are. Basically, Americans are forming the mentality that we are so in love with ourselves that any perceived threat to our spoiled way of life must be met with violent force, even if it's for a greater good.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's not Obama who wants to take your semi autos, people. It's the people behind the scenes.

And if you think they won't do it, they've already done it here in Australia.

All they need is a decent staged massacre. 30+ dead will do it.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

OH they shoot people all the time here any ways...
POP POP another one drop...

Americas mullets, CHEWY, LIL monster, tribal band tats, ex red par --- noyatary ,Cuder...

They all love their guns never gonna let go. However

I wish people had real sacks and we could just square off with blades and broken bottles...
Only saving the guns to defeat the rogue government!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
It's not Obama who wants to take your semi autos, people. It's the people behind the scenes.

And if you think they won't do it, they've already done it here in Australia.

All they need is a decent staged massacre. 30+ dead will do it.

We had some recent massacre, the focus is always the lacks in security, mental stability not the gun it self.

In fact the more deaths here the more need for them IOP

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hunting weapons will remain you wont lose them all look at Canada for a reflection in the mirror
this is coming whether Obama wins or not it's the international will which will prevail in America. As P Warburg once said.

"We shall have world government whether you want it or not . The only thing that remains to be seen is whether it is by consensus or by force ."

Americans that think this is shocking or that it will not be, are fooling themselves ,Bush took your freedom away already ,the next President will set the laws down.
It unfolds all around you yet you are still confused about what is coming.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sage08

now THATS the answer i was after

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Sage08

now THATS the answer i was after

I knew that's the answer you was fishing for. I just wasn't biting the bait.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

You just explained why women do not fight the worlds wars. Thinking that you can do nothing about it. You do not have the maturity, background or guts to do anything so you just separated yourself from those who are willing to defend themselves and those who are not.
By the way, state and federal law does not require women 17-45 to be the armed militia so anything you have to say about this can only be taken lightly.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As Charlton Heston once said "From my cold, dead hands!".

I along with millions of Americans will put up a fight before we allow it to happen to such an extreme.

Makes you wonder if Obama really is the next anti-christ. Seems he wants to strip us of all protection for a bigger agenda.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
With respect and coming from the UK, it is absolutely unfathombale to me that anyone with the right credentials can walk into a store a buy a gun off the shelf, no questions asked.

It would petrify me to think that anyone who you might bump into on any given day could be walking around with a gun on them with the obvious consequences that could ensue.

So I ask this, why is it that Americans feel so strongly about their right to own a gun? Surely if you removed guns from the majority it would make your conutry safer, no?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join