It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Atlantis just been found

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wrote the article at www.mentalfuzz.com... and researched the subject extensively.

If you look at a picture above the shore line at the yonaguni site, you'll see step like formations occurring naturally. It is true that no entrances have been found leading into the yonaguni monument as well.

There are multiple carvings on the actual underwater structure that can not be ignored. I believe that the most accurate conclusion would be that the site was terra-formed.

Since writing the article, Dr. Kimura seems to have changed his stand on when this may have took place. There's no way to know if this was due to pressure from the scientific community.

Needless to say, alot more research needs to be done.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hey you always need more research! Good summery at Metalfuzz. Some fake photos included in the amongst the real ones. The one of the two divers in front of a craved monument doesn't come from Yonaguni. Also some unsubstantiated comments on other sites.

You mentioned carvings. Any published papers or websites on that subject. As I stated before I'm holding with natural with possible modification by man.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Harte

This is the sort of posting - by a moderator, no less - that has kept me away from ATS for a month.

So much for wishful thinking.

Harte

You mean when I disagree with your interpretation of these stairs and straight lines, that keeps you away?

Grow a tougher skin

No, I mean when it becomes acceptable for a member to simply lie to preserve his or her skewed view. For example:

Kimura only revised his dating after years of massive international pressure to. It wore him out.

Or, are you going to go completely against your previous track record and provide some sort of evidence to back up this completely ludicrous and inane statement?

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
There are multiple carvings on the actual underwater structure that can not be ignored.

Actually, no, there are not.
And Hans,

Originally posted by Hanslune
The one of the two divers in front of a craved monument doesn't come from Yonaguni.

That photo is from Yonaguni. It's been "highlighted" to show the imagined carving.

Look, I could walk out in my backyard tonight, find a rock, hold it up gloriously and exclaim "This might have been used by Ancient Man!" Who could prove me wrong? And even if I was right, so what?

Harte

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Harte]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

That photo is from Yonaguni. It's been "highlighted" to show the imagined carving.

Thanks Mr. Harte, I stand corrected!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Please don't get my hopes up like this. I opened this thread hoping to find NEW information as you post the question as to whether atlantis had JUST been found, which indicates a NEW or RECENT find.. but this is just another repost of findings from the 80's.

Not very nice.

It has not been proven that these stones were formed by man.
Until more research is done claims like this are just false hope to those that are truly looking for hard evidence of these lost civilizations.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Repeating of old data as new is one of the characteristics of this field/theme. Very little new evidence gets found. Once it is found, even if shown to be a misinterpretation, a hoax or not germaine to the theory, it is repeated over and over again.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
OH man I thin you are right It is just all natural. Nothing man made!!

www.indiadivine.org...

This carvings are natural!!! SURE!

www.erdexpansion.de...

A model of the "natural" place!!

www.pacal.de...

So if you wanna tell me this is all not man made, then my xbox is a natural formation!?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devilnitro28
OH man I thin you are right It is just all natural. Nothing man made!!

www.indiadivine.org...

This carvings are natural!!! SURE!

So, it's now acceptable to submit a photoshopped photo as evidence around here?

Look, even the darling of the fringers, Dr. Robert Schoch, says the formation is natural.

Would you submit your credentials as a Geophysicist (Schoch is a geophysics prof at Boston U.) so we can decide whether to accept your interpretation over his?

Harte

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I keep saying it but I'll repeat it yet again - even if it's proven that the Yonaguni rock outcrop was artificially altered by humans then all it means is that stone age people were capable of using stone age tools in the stone age.

I really don't see why there's so much fuss over it?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Good question Essan. If the hunter-gathers in that area built it one would wonder about their design concept.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I would disagree on archeologists fussing about small findings. I went to a Native American site with a friend of mine. While is was somewhat interesting, the main guide and my friend spent an hour discussing arrow heads found in the area. I would have said, "Oh, a sharp rock" and tossed it back to the ground.
However, I love looking at ancient architecture, and jewelry made from Egyptians. To each his own, but there would be some who would think a carved step is incredible and could write a whole book on it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Howdy Kidflash

Yep one finds arrow and spear heads all over the Americas they show that the Amerindians were out and about. It also shows where and when they weren't!

You made an interesting comment about how someone might write a book about how steps were cut. Interestingly no one has. As far as I can tell not a single peer reviewed publicaton on Yonaguni has taken place. Given its discovery decades ago and its free access why do scientists ignore it and fringe people give it only a light dusting of interest?

I think Essan's comment was in regards to the impact a man made Yonaguni would have. It like all other discoveries would be enveloped into man's history - as had all other unexpected discoveries. The Minoans, Sumerians, Khymer etc. Unfortunately it appears natural and based on its chaotic 'design' natural. .....but I'm still holding out for a bit of human modification but that thought is fading as I read more about Okinawan pre-history.

[edit on 12/8/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As clarification, I want to say that there is, as yet, no reason to believe that this formation was ever even used by humans, much less modified (Schoch, Hans Lune) or carved (Hancock.)

This, of course, does not mean it wasn't used by humans. It means there is no evidence for such a use.

The formation is quite natural, there is no doubt about this. However, I can envision a human being sitting on top admiring the view, if you wish.

Harte

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes, just to clarify, I think if the Yonaguni rock outcrop was shown to have been partially altered by human activity it'd be a major archaeological discovery. But I fail to see any relevance to suggests of lost civilisations etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join