It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Atlantis just been found

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Has Atlantis just been found in the east coast of taiwan near a little island this island has recently become well known for massive sunken rock and stone formations known as the Yonaguni monument which surround the island. It has been claimed that it is human made. Robert Schoch after diving there suggests that it is most likely a natural formation later modified by human hands[1].

Divers congregate on the island in winter due to the large population of hammerhead sharks found in nearby waters. It was diving to scout for a good place to observe the sharks which led to the discovery of the "monument", a part of which is two closely spaced pillars which rise to within eight feet of the surface. Study of the curiosity is hampered by a significant ocean current sufficient to exhaust divers if they swim in the opposite direction.

The seabed contains what appear to be ruins of a previous glacial age and traces of terrestrial flora, fauna and stalactites that form only on the surface. Their resemblance to structures in the ancient world have led some to theorize they could be the remnants of an ancient civilization. Were they to be human-made they would be among the oldest human made structures at some 10,000 years old.

The fame of Yonaguni island began in the 1980s, when a Japanese marine explorer, Kihachiro Aratake, by chance discovered a set of very singular seemingly architectonic structures. Shortly thereafter, a group of scientists directed by Masaaki Kimura, of the University of the Ryūkyūs, confirmed the existence of the vestiges. They appear, at least superficially, to be comparable to pyramids. Some also speculate that several of the seemingly natural features could in fact be human made, such as the discovery of what some called a "face" on the side of one of the monuments.

www.indiadivine.org...

www.mentalfuzz.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

what do you think could this actually be Atlantis

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
WOW! Ten thousand year old structures?

I thought human civilization only dated back FOUR thousand years ago!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

For all we know it couldve been older than ten thousand.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
what do you think could this actually be Atlantis

No I dont think that and neither should you since its already been disproven to even be manmade.

Its amazing how many theories that are plain wrong never seem to die on the internet, wrong stories link to other wrong stories that rely on another wrong story, sigh...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by merka]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Well then what made the ten thousand year old monuments because i doubt the sea did it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well then what made the ten thousand year old monuments because i doubt the sea did it.

They're not "monuments," even though some people would like you to think so. They're just large chunks of fractured volcanic basalt, which are relatively common in the volcano and earthquake prone islands.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Dude, c'mon.

Those look CLEARLY like stairs and other human structures.

I wonder who's gonna say aliens made 'em?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Seriously well how come theyres stairs buildings theyres even a statue which isnt perfectly clear but its a statue all the same

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Don't brush off Nohup's statement without a little research first, people. Volcanic basalt does funky things. Have you ever heard of the Giant's Causeway? Google it and be prepared to be amazed.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Siblin

Ive just googled it and it does show some amazing pics but still i dont think it can create a giant civilisation with houses supposedley a small castle and a pathways.

link   
This has already been discussed hundreds of times on ATS. Do a search.

Anyway...debunkers have to say that these straight-lined step-structures are not artificial because they are too lazy to deal with the upheaval it would cause if they had to re-think and re-write their entire education.

Simple as that.

link   
reply to post by Siblin

Yeah I've seen it.

It's just those look a little too architectural for me to debunk! I mean they're amazing!

And could you imagine the impossible irony?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Siblin

Ive just googled it and it does show some amazing pics but still i dont think it can create a giant civilisation with houses supposedley a small castle and a pathways.

Part of what makes it look like a town is the angle that it's being photographed at (this has been talked about quite a bit.) Approach it from a different angle and it's clear that it's rocks.

Also... what sort of civilization builds houses that have no doors and no windows?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've been out to several places in my local country that look worked, but are just the way the rock breaks over time. Besides, most of those steps are irregular, meaning either they walked really funky back then, or it's the way the rocks fractured over time.
Last I heard about this thing, they were looking for artifacts relating to the site. May have changed since then, but the dramatic photography is misleading.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Too lazy? Pardon me, but my world has already been turned upside-down by experiences that would get me laughed out of my community if I made them known to more than just a few close friends. I have been forced me to "re-think" my education. Many times. Why do you think I come to ATS? The tea and friendly chats?

What is wrong with going over possible "ordinary" causes? I say that with quotations because quite frankly, this is an amazing world and the fact that you can get structures like these through purely natural means is nothing short of beautiful. The "fairy-in-the-clouds" explanation is not always the most fascinating one and there is not a solitary thing wrong with realizing that.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It looks like it splits the same way granite does, in long straight cracks. I have yet to see anything associated with this underwater site that is definatively man made. I guess basalt could break the same way but granite always seems more straight to me. A creative engineer type person might notice natural structure like this and figure out that with some good design and a few alterations it would become a grand stage and look like it took more effort to build then it did. The neat thing is that since the rock naturally breaks this way there is bound to be a talus pile chock full of smaller straight edged blocks for building stairs and walls etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Howdy Skyfloating

Anyway...debunkers have to say that these straight-lined step-structures are not artificial because they are too lazy....

Lazy dear Sky? Okay three question for you- let see you do some research

Take that great blue light photo of the "stair case"

1. Take a close look at it - notice anything odd about it? Why does it look like it was made by a drunken one-armed contractor?

2. The same staircase - what is the size of it? Is it REALLY a staircase for a built for humans? Where does it lead from and to where?

3. Can you locate a published study that covers that stair case? If not why do you think that is the case?

Have you ever heard of [Hubbertson] Law*? It applies to UFOs but I think it applies here too. It says, anything that is real evidence will be hidden, destroyed or otherwise removed from public view or study. Anything that isn't real will be left in the open for public scurtiny.

Just assuming that law is correct what status would you apply to Yonaguni?

*I cannot remember the correct name for it, I'm guessing at the moment

[edit on 5/8/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Siblin

hexogonal crystilne shapes is one thing stairs and the apparent head with the eye sockets are a completely differant thing

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Skyfloating

Lazy dear Sky? Okay three question for you- let see you do some research

Take that great blue light photo of the "stair case"

1. Take a close look at it - notice anything odd about it? Why does it look like it was made by a drunken one-armed contractor?

2. The same staircase - what is the size of it? Is it REALLY a staircase for a built for humans? Where does it lead from and to where?

3. Can you locate a published study that covers that stair case? If not why do you think that is the case?

Have you ever heard of [Hubbertson] Law*? It applies to UFOs but I think it applies here too. It says, anything that is real evidence will be hidden, destroyed or otherwise removed from public view or study. Anything that isn't real will be left in the open for public scurtiny.

Just assuming that law is correct what status would you apply to Yonaguni?

*I cannot remember the correct name for it, I'm guessing at the moment

[edit on 5/8/08 by Hanslune]

1." Because it has been ten thousand years and its underwater think about it over time thats going to take its tole on it".

2.The staircase is probably some stairs leading to the center of the city for all we know. i mean dont we have stairs now adays leading somewhere or up to a monument.

3.Well maybe they dont want us knowing everything about it yet maybe its the " hubbertson" law that you talked about.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So maybe these Japanese structures are not man-made. What about the old megalythic structures that are clearly man-made?

Throughout history, there have been many cultures building megalithic structures various from very primitive (Stonehenge) to very advanced (Tiahuanaco). The water erosion of the Sfynx of Giza suggests that in its orriginal form (probably it orriginally was a lion with a lion's head) it is far older than usually assumed and that there are clear references to about 10,500 BC. See Bauval & Hancock on this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join