It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all part of a galactic reality show?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I got a pretty crazy theory last night

What if the reason that the aliens have not contacted us is because we are all part of a reality show, that we are unwittingly being filmed for the amusement of viewers all across the galaxy and the small probes are really cloacked cameras filming our every step? Just like the film "The Truman Show" (1998) but in a galactic scale? Perhaps we are just entertainment for a decadent higher intelligence that are amuzed at our struggles and drama here on Earth and have no plan to wreck the show for themselves by letting us kow we are just entertainment for them. Perhaps the aliens can choose who to follow amongst all of us, and that they might help us and wreck things for us just to get higher ratings. If they are so advanced that they have no hardship in their own lives, they might have gotten decadent and seeked us out for entertainment reasons. Perhaps some of us have huge numbers of aliens as fans, following us every day?

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
your actually "infering" that ET mind is like human mind. I have a feeling that the further you travel out the less "film or reality tv" has any place in the cosmos.

i can see your view point being truman based as far as the ET's are observing our planet and social circus.

i can also see all the trumans who are not aware of the actual show (UFO's visiting earth) by going about their daily routine, at least a skeptic is ackowledging the possibility of it being true by denying it.

and if i think of it in this light, assuming im an ET, how weird would it be to watch someone walking around doing nothing..bad ratings.

id like to think of it more like the matrix.. Some ET's making an effort to wake up certain people via abduction.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sounds like you just finished watching the episode of South Park where they find out that earth is actually just a intergalactic reality show. In that episode all the different animals on earth were put here by the creators of "earth" in order to see how they would interact with eachother, or something like that.

But yeah, thats a southpark episode alright.

Its a creative idea, however I dont think its accurate.

If we are on a reality show I hope I dont get voted off, I need the 1 million dollars.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Hmmn, seems to me like somebody was watching South Park. They have an episode that touches on the same thing. Click Here

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sequel
reply to post by Acharya

Hmmn, seems to me like somebody was watching South Park. They have an episode that touches on the same thing. Click Here

I got the idea after watching The Truman Show, I will try and catch that South Park show if I get the chance.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So you thought UFOs/Aliens would be a great place for a useless vox pop with no foot firmly placed in reality? This forum is meant to be for the serious research and discussion into the phenomena which you should know by now given your ATS points. Not one of whimsical folly!

I kind of expected more from you Acharya. You've contributed some interesting posts in the past. This one is a bit of a let down. Let's save the bandwidth here for the advancement of research.

IRM

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Anything is possible, but we're not, lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
So you thought UFOs/Aliens would be a great place for a useless vox pop with no foot firmly placed in reality? This forum is meant to be for the serious research and discussion into the phenomena which you should know by now given your ATS points. Not one of whimsical folly!

I kind of expected more from you Acharya. You've contributed some interesting posts in the past. This one is a bit of a let down. Let's save the bandwidth here for the advancement of research.

IRM

Im not making fun of the UFO subject, but I do admit it is a far out and funny theory. I know the theory is really "out there" but I had not seen it before so I thought I would share my ideas; sometimes research involves looking into thoughts that one may deem rediculus for the sake of seeing the big picture. I am sorry for letting anyone down, it certainly was not my intent, but lets not forget to have some fun too in our short time here

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Acharya]

new topics

top topics

join