It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Double Suicide Bombing in Israel Kills 8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Eleven people have been killed in what police are describing as a suspected double suicide bombing in the Israeli port of Ashdod. Dozens more have been injured in this busy Israeli town

Police initially said the blast was a gas explosion but have updated the assessment due to recent intelligence, the death toll is not confirmed and may rise.

On a week of historic peace talks that have now been called off it seems that terrorism has won again, but we must ask ourselves if either side actually wants to progress to peace.

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

ET3

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What I am amazed about is the incredable tie in of "Conspiracies in Religion & Spiritualism".

Really great job of doing that.

NOT

Don't they have a news thread to post what anyone can read off the net?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ET3,

Did you mean to put that response here? Because I can't make it make sense. What tie into the religion forum are you referring to?

ET3

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ohhh just that I first saw this thread in the forum I mentioned and was trying to figure out the logical connection and came up blank. So it is probably some cross thread posting of a news story by intent and design of this forum. But why?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Now its up to 11 people dead.
story.news.yahoo.com... ory&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20040314/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_explosion_9

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
ET...no, you are very ver wrong.

The news stories show up in EVERY forum, across the board.

There was no intention to cause a connection between this report and the religion forum specifically. Just go look at the other forums and you'll see it showing up in all of them.

I see how that would have been confusing.

ET3

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As I said above,,,,, ""So it is probably some cross thread posting of a news story by intent and design of this forum. But why?""

Yes, confusing is a good word.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Interesting side note it appears the area targeted held chemicals, is this an escalation by the Palestinian murderers to cause a chemical attack?

Foxnews has been covering this today.

[Edited on 3/14/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
CNN is reporting that the talks between the Palestinian PM and Israeli PM this week have been canceled in light of today's bombings.

So in Israel the terrorist keep winning since they do not seem to want any resolution to situation there short of the full destruction of Israel.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is just my take on things, but......

The Middle East is largely a society of opposing extremists. Peace is often resolved by compromise. The two concepts unfortunately are usually mutually exclusive.

The longer the cycle escalates, the worse the opposition to a peaceful resolution. Too many extremists and people seeking vengeance for acts that nobody alive now was around for at the beginning.

Stupidity is sometimes defined as repeating the same act over and over while expecting a different result. Both sides of this conflict easily qualify by that statement.

New thinking is needed in the region. Old enemies and old ideas need to be tempered with tolerance I'd like to think that someone over there can see this, but apparently that isn't the case usually.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't know how people can justify the Palestinians. They rarely hit millitary targets,mainly civilians and they usaly end up killind inncocent bystanders. If the Jews kill one innocent Palestian hell breaks loose.

And these wackos where going to hit gas casuing a deadlier attack illing more innocents.

These Palestinians make me sick to my stomach.
Be nice if we invaded them wiped out Hamas, kill Arafta and give the good Palestinians their own state.

top topics

join