It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God would change 1 thing at your Request.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazi176

That He would eradicate sin, all effects of sin due to the fall, and restore nature and mankind to its original sinless condition.

Yes, that sounds like three things but it really all comes down to restoring things to a sinless creation.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
I'm surprised this has only gotten 18 replies. It's a harmless thread that's intereting to watch what people would like to change about this world. There were 2 that their first impulse was about themselves, but ended up saying they would chose a broad request. It's ok to choose something for yourself, after all, it is YOUR one on one talk with God.

Still great posts by all. I find it hard to believe that with over 400 views that more people can't suggest something here that they find to be worthy of changing in this world.

Thanks for the replies so far. I think it's interesting to see how people would change the world.

Q

I agree. I flagged this thread and wish I could do more. I love this type of thing.

It's as much fun to read everyone else's ideas as to come up with your own.

I hope eventually more people will participate. I'm a heathen and another contributor is an atheist but we didn't let that put us off.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If I believed in God and could ask one thing, it would be to eradicate religion.

All the man-made rules, structures, rituals and dogma that make man think he's a "sinner" would disappear. All the preaching and proselytizing that is involved in trying to get other people to join or be part of another religion. Gone! All the religious wars, hatred and division that various religions cause... Poof!! All of the "I'm right because I have God on my side and you're wrong and you'll go to hell"... Outta here.

That's what I would ask for.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If I believed in God and could ask one thing, it would be to eradicate religion.

All the man-made rules, structures, rituals and dogma that make man think he's a "sinner" would disappear. All the preaching and proselytizing that is involved in trying to get other people to join or be part of another religion. Gone! All the religious wars, hatred and division that various religions cause... Poof!! All of the "I'm right because I have God on my side and you're wrong and you'll go to hell"... Outta here.

That's what I would ask for.

This one makes sense as well. Some might say that they need religion. I personaly don't. I call myself a non-practicing Catholic. I believe in God, but don't think it's necessary to have to go to church. He knows I love him with what ever I decide.

Wars may not have even been started if this requests was allowed?

Good one.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
There were 2 that their first impulse was about themselves, but ended up saying they would chose a broad request. It's ok to choose something for yourself, after all, it is YOUR one on one talk with God.

Maybe those that know God exists also believe heaven/nirvana exists. And they believe that their personal desires will be met at that time. Those that aren't sure just read and click "back".

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

That's a logical answer. I think Heaven and Hell is what you make of it.

I'm still working on 28 years bad luck for breaking a few mirrors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join