It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Behind the Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here is something similar to what I saw on the discovery channel. I can't find the episode they had about this subject but will continue to look. Remember this is all theory though since no one has 100% information on the construction of the pyramids.

www.coolest-gadgets.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcloud313
"That means that 24-hours-a-day, every day for 100 years, a stone averaging 3.5 tons needs to be set in place every 8.5 minutes!"

Wow that quote was from the link you just posted, it blew my mind even more haha.

and thats just in 100 years, as the previous poster said they were done in 20 years how many minutes would that be!? amazing!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Mcloud313]

Yes it's indeed amazing but on the website I linked they culculated all three pyramids and on the site you linked they culculated only the great pyramid. That's where the difference in years comes from.

But that is still incredible if you ask me.

What's also interesting is the apparent declining building skills of the Egyptian master constructors. The 3 Pyramids at Giza were supposedly constructed around 2560 BC. After that the Egyptians suddenly lost their building skills it seems. They never remotely matched what they did at Giza ever again...

[edit on 5/8/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Yeah the pyramids built afterwords are decaying (not sure if that's the right word im searching for) at an even faster rate than the three great pyramids which were built before they were.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Lets do some math, which I am really bad at, but I have a calculator so my mind doesn't have to go mad and heat up over number crunching.

The big pyramid is claimed to made of 100,000 cut stones. The estimate to build is around 20 years, So I threw some numbers into my calc and came up with a number on the order of 13-14 stones had to quarried, moved, leveraged and placed a day.

So using the 360 day calender X 20 gives us 7,200 days of construction. They would have to produce, move, transport, move, place 13.8 stones per day for the job.

Using our instrumentality we so pride ourselves with today, not gonna happen. We could not cut, move, transport, move again and place 13.8 stones a day. At least not the way sciences and scholars and egyptologist want us to believe.

Either pyramids were built in a longer period or technology beyond anything we have ever had or known or think about was borrowed/handed/used and reclaimed back to the owners of origin. All over the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcloud313

Very untrue, please visit www.stevequayle.com and you'll see the history of giants. not that i beleive they built the pyramids but there have been many skeletons found.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've always like this subject. I only read a lot and a lot of what I read is nothing but theory so I came with my own, not supported by anyone that I'm aware but me.

So, there are pyramids all over the world right? They've been finding that many of them have things in common. The biggest thing for me was the metal clips that seem to hold the stones together. These staples seem to have been poored into place, as they cooled they wouldv'e pulled the stones closer together. Cool... and you find thise in many of the megaliths.

So, they built the megaliths all over with similar technologies all at roughly the same time.

When was the world one land mass? Pangea. IF these were built pre-flood while the earth land mass was still single it would've been very easy to move the technology to your freinds and family.
The flood was not just rain but it as also earthquakes and impacts etc. Some theories even suggest that pangea became the continents very rapidly; which fits nicely with my theory.

At one point, an early historian managed upon the pyramids and mentioned that they had "water marks". Suggesting immersion in water; which makes sense to me.

My theory is this. The 3 main pyramids (and many of the older megliths are pre-flood pangea creations) and all others are post flood creations based upon what the new inhabitants saw and tried to copy. As we can see the 3 main pyramids are still standing while all others have become crumbled ruins.

It's a theory in progress obviously but based on the myriad things I've read it seems to make sense so far. Of course you have to believe that there was a flood and that pre-flood there were giants.

by the way, there are many examples of giants but the establisment has done a magnificent job of hiding/destroying them.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The stones were moved with sound frequency not people. The pyramids point to stars in the constellation of Orion.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Always been absorbed by the mythos behind the pyramids, IMO, they could not have been built by our conventional view of Egyptians, or Egyptians themselves.

Some interesting things to ponder, I will add more later, I have to refind a load of articles and images.

-early pyramids built before the '3 Great pyramids' were built at an angle of 53 degrees ( will check this, could be 57 and 43), the great pyramids, were built at an angle of 43 degrees, for the next 500 years or so, they seemed to have forgotten how to build the pyramids using this 'sacred' angle.

-No other pyramid on earth, to my knowledge, has been found with an ascending chamber, why? I can only guess, was it because they didn't like the idea of an ascending chamber after they 'experimented' on the Giza
pyramid's? maybe, was it because the ascending chamber was only discovered in recent time and the Egyptians had no idea it was there, as they hadn't built them? maybe or...in the other pyramids, ascending chamers haven't been discovered yet...maybe.

-Some of the blocks used, not only in the construction of the pyramids, but other sites around the world, are insanely big, we would struggle moving them today, let alone lifting them and placing them.

-Not to mention, the inventory stela(e?). This was written by Khafre (Khufu) during his reign (He apparently built the 'great pyramid'), in it he states that the great pyramids and the sphinx had stood there since living memory, he only added an ancilary tomb onto one of them. This has been 'discovered' to have been written centuries after Khufu's death, I ain't seen anything to suggest as much, only that it doesn;t fit in witt the 'conventional view'.

-Sphinx and pyramids show extensive water damage, this has been attributed to when Egypt had substantial enough rainfall to make this damage, dated to around 10-12k years ago.

-And last but not least, no heiroglyphics were ever found in the great pyramids except above the kings chamber, and this was 'questionable', apparently used varying 'ages' of heiroglyphs, aswell as no burials to speak of, apart form intrusive burials (people who have been 'thrown down later on').

Some of the details are a bit sketchy, I haven't read up on this in a while, but the overall arguments are ones that still puzzle researchers to this day.

EMM

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted here yet, or not, but I thought this was a pretty cool little clip...

Perhaps it could shed some light on the subject about how ancient peoples may have moved such large slabs of stone.

I realise that this clip he's talking about recreating Stonehenge, but you can easily use the same principles...

Food for thought

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

Yes, but could they have cut all those stones required and then placed them into their exact positions in the required time it would have taken to build the Pyramids?

And why did the quality of pyramids go down afterwords instead of improve?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hmm lets not get too carried away with what the pyramids could be. In my opinion they are not as well built as they're cracked up to be www.touregypt.net... this website puts forward some interesting points.

If an alien race really did travel x amount of light years to come and visit us, I'd hope they'd build something a little more advanced then 3 pyramids built out of stone with no apparant function. Even by our standard of technology today, we could build something better engineered and more 'space aged' then the pyramids - why? because the pyramids were built and designed by humans a long time ago. We've advanced and learnt from these relics from the past that we built.

Why they'd be used for things like navigation for UFO's, only discredits the abilites of Aliens. I'd hope that when we get to the stage of going out into space, we could rely on things such as maps and computers to get about the place, as opposed to having to spend 20 years building a pyramid every time I'd want to set up a marker.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mighty_quinn

I think assuming their intent may be a mistake on anyone's part. Of course they would've had the ability to do far greater, but who's to say that was their goal?

Maybe there intent was to create something outstanding but subtle in its nature, so that we may not figure it out until we are ready or never figure it out. Also who is to say they built it, they could have just helped the Egyptians out to impress them, there are a myriad of reasons I could come up with of why they would build these structures, the major point though I think is that its near impossible or just outstandingly amazing that this archaic civilization did it as they'd have to move so much stone so fast, with such precision, and with a massive amount of manpower.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Mcloud313]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I never heard of that. Pretty neat. Here is a neat article.

www.aliensthetruth.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ed Leedskalnin built the pyramids... But seriously, I don't remember where I read it but there is a theory that the stones were levitated into place with a wooden staff some papyrus paper and and a good working knowledge of how stone resonates.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Count me in to the people really interested in the pyramids of Egypt
There is just something about them that is intriguing.

What do you guys think about the theory that the pyramids was only maintained by the Egyptians and not built by them?

What about the theory that the stones on the Sphinx have signs of water corrosion?

I personally believe that something is missing or just don`t make sense, to me at least, in the theories that are the accepted views by the "experts" today.

This is also an interesting read Mysteries OF The Pyramid which raises some questions also.

If anything, all these "alternative" ideas of the pyramids are all great food for thought

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A subject that's always fascinated me, I owe it all to Raiders Of The Lost Ark coming out when I was 9! One thing that's always seemed absolutely bizarre to me is that the higher up the sides of the pyramid you go, the larger the blocks used, it's totally the opposite of the logical thing to do.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.

I never heard of that. Pretty neat. Here is a neat article.

www.aliensthetruth.com...

Great Link!

Here is its highlights that I was even more amazed to find out, I tell you the more I learn about these structures the more I'm impressed...

1. "Only a solid stone mountain could endure the Pyramid's immense weight. And indeed, a flat solid granite mountain happens to be located just beneath the surface of the ground directly under the Pyramid."

2. "It is built to face true North."

3. "The Pyramid is located at the exact center of the Earth's landmass. That is, its East-West axis corresponds to the longest land parallel across the Earth, passing through Africa, Asia, and America. Similarly, the longest land meridian on Earth, through Asia, Africa, Europe, and Antarctica, also passes right through the Pyramid. Since the Earth has enough land area to provide 3 billion possible building sites for the Pyramid, the odds of its having been built where it is are 1 in 3 billion. "

4. "While the bulk of the Pyramid's core was constructed of 4,000- to 40,000-pound blocks of soft limestone, the outer layer of the Pyramid was made of a beautifully bright, protective layer of polished stone. These outer "casing stones" are missing today because about 600 years ago Arabs stole them, (This accounts for the very worn appearance of the Pyramid today, since the inner limestone blocks are not immune to attack by the elements-wind, rain, and sandstorms.) This protective covering was made up of 100-inch-thick, 20-ton block of hard, white limestone, similar to marble but superior in hardness and in durability against the elements. "

5. "The casing stones, 144,000 in all, were so brilliant that they could literally be seen from the mountains of Israel hundreds of miles away. On bright mornings and late afternoons, sunlight reflected by this vast mirrored surface of 5-1/4 acres distinguished the Pyramid as being visible from the moon."

Amazing quotes, I have to wonder about the casing stones though, i'd think if they were stolen and spread about there might still be evidence of them today found around and about the middle-east.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

See that just shows that we had to find some way to cover up what actually made the enormous structures. What better way then to say that slaves were forced to do it?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What really amazes me is lack of written records as we all know the Faraos were keen on writing any accomplishments from temple building to warfare.

Normally an empire (as the roman empire) has very humble origins and takes ages developing and the egyptian civilization seemed to have appeared from thin air.

I would like to point out that herodutos mentions the pyramids on his books all three of them BUT remains of a fourth have been found on the Giza plateau and that cause a stir regarding the age and builders of those monuments.

As we speak a debate is taking place (and it's not new) Was the sphinx erosion caused by water ? if it was when ? because the last time there was enough rain to cause that sort of damage was 10.000 year ago.

Kind regards to you all

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
On a side note. That little 5 foot nothing Lithuanian man was able to construct coral castle. Supposedly with the knowlege of the pyramids and masons. This tidbit would fit in nicely with the questions.
Harmonics, frequency and electricity. Oh my.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by jpm1602]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join