It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AUG 05/08 UFO Ottawa ON, Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is simply a report as to an object seen by four people at aproximately 2AM Tuesday August 5th.

Myself and 3 other witnesses saw a set of bright yellow and red lights from our backyard in Ottawa ON, Canada. I am posting this as there is no report of anyone else seeing this object in our local news papers.

We were sitting in a semi cirlce, myself facing west. At my angle a light attracted my attention from the corner of my eye (North-east) for a moment. My sudden turn to follow the light brought attention to the rest of the people sitting with me. The second witness, facing east, turned to look and saw these same lights moving eastward. This first sighting, lasting no more than 1.5 seconds, ended when the objest moved beyond our sightline, partly blocked by a neighbor's tree and also blocked by the outline of the house we were staying at. Once we had all been intrigued by the object that neither of us could confirm had ACTUALLY passed by, the 3rd witness who was facing south at the time of the 1st pass stood up to turn in the direction of the initial sighting. There was maybe a 10-15 second time period between the original sighting and the second appearance, which much like the first did not travel across the horizon before being visible.

The object seemed to appear in the sky through a clearing of trees, travel a short distance and disappear.

Myself and the second witness saw the first movement, the person facing south (who missed thh first sighting due to direction) saw the second movement in almost the same clearing between neighboring properties.

The shape was seemingly undefined, but the description of the colors were unanimously yellow and red. Red being the prominent color, but with small yellow slivers of light around the larger red lights. They were not pulsing wing tip lights, it was a static red and yellow.

I will attempt to scan a sketch of the sightlines from where we were sitting.

I have searched online and in the Ottawa Citizen to try and find any reports of a strange sighting last night, with no success.

I did find a report from years ago (Nov 4th) regarding a strange craft that left burn marks on the witness' roof. There was an FBI report as well.

We have discussed what we each saw and we all agree that:

1) No sound was heard

2) No trail was seen after the sighting

3) The object's size is undetermined

4) It was not a bird or plane

5) Would travel a distance and then 'disappear'

Please leave any constructive responses.

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm in Ottawa too and it was too cloudy last night so I gave up searching the skies. I spotted a red-yellow light above the clouds around 1 AM. It was heading due south in the direction of the Ottawa airport at a slow, steady speed like an aircraft.

Are you saying the object was below the clouds? Approx what altitude?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Our location is near the Ottawa river, and Carlingwood shopping center. The skies were clear with the exception of a few whispy clouds. The object, in my opinion was lower than the clouds . But, not close enouh to hea, if that is even possible.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Furthermore, as we are on the airplane path we are well used to the sound of regular commercial jets flying over-head. This was not a plane and did NOT have a clear trajectory.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuauhtemoc

I don't know what you saw, but that seems like the best, most straightforward report, I have seen in a while. Pictures would have been nice, but I like the idea of a clear sketch to accompany the report.

Thank you for not hyping this as an "OMG Aliens Invading" or something.

Have you reported it to MUFON? They are a good clearinghouse for this sort of thing. If you haven't, you might want to look into it.

Thanks for bring this sighting up in such a positive way.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just checked the weather conditions last night in Ottawa.

Ottawa ceiling

During my sighting the clouds were around 10000 ft. That would explain why I saw my "craft" appear and disappear behind high clouds.

In your case, you had ideal weather with unlimited ceiling.

Oh, btw, there was no sound from the craft I saw.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

How long did you see this object for in total?

Ours lasted about 2.5-3 seconds both appearances. The sky was clear in that direction and is way off the airline route that normally bothers me on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm in Kanata. My backyard faces the north-northewst.
I watch the craft come out of the clouds from the north about 45 degrees above the horizon. It flew in a straight line due south until it disappeared over my house. I didn't bother going around to the front yard because I figured it was an airplane headed for the airport. I watched it for about 45-60 seconds.

BTW, I just recalled hearing what I thought was a helicopter just after I turned off the TV and called it a night around 4 AM. I didn't look out the window but I remember thinking that's the first time I've heard a helicopter at this time of night. It would have been on a course for the Petawawa base up the Ottawa valley. Earlier in the day yesterday a red, sleek chopper buzzed Kanata on course for the base out in Petawawa ( I'm assuming) .

This is what I saw except all red.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Additional info:

1 iPod is now completely fried

1 MP3 player is dead

Microwave oven clock is now broken

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So are you implying that the object you saw last night is responsible for the fried electronics?

this is not a one liner

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

I have no idea what happened to these pieces of equipment, they are not mine and am only reporting what has been noticed since the original event

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

I'm in Kanata. My backyard faces the north-northewst.
I watch the craft come out of the clouds from the north about 45 degrees above the horizon. It flew in a straight line due south until it disappeared over my house. I didn't bother going around to the front yard because I figured it was an airplane headed for the airport. I watched it for about 45-60 seconds.

BTW, I just recalled hearing what I thought was a helicopter just after I turned off the TV and called it a night around 4 AM. I didn't look out the window but I remember thinking that's the first time I've heard a helicopter at this time of night. It would have been on a course for the Petawawa base up the Ottawa valley. Earlier in the day yesterday a red, sleek chopper buzzed Kanata on course for the base out in Petawawa ( I'm assuming) .

This is what I saw except all red.

No chance it has a helicopter...the object had no defined shape only what I believe was 4 lights and what others saw as a thin shape with lights in the front. I will, when I return to Toronto attempt to upload a decent sketch of our sight-lines and the perspective from our angle.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
anyone with any info about electronic devices and the affect on them by UFOs would be very much appreciated

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The helicopter you saw was a Heli-Ambalance that was probably on route to Pembroke Hospital which I saw land atleast once a day at the hospital. My brother lives not more that 200 yards from the hospital and serves my family proud on the Petawawa base. I spent the weekend there and unfortunatly did not see this object, but know the feeling of seeing something unexplainable, mine was a huge green orb in 1999. Best of luck to you but it was more than likly man'd by humans rather than aliens. But who am I to know. Take Care

Love and Light

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Thank you for your response, but I respectfully disagree. This object appeared twise without warning, made no sound and changed shape twice. I am an Ottawa native and am aware of all the surrounding military bases and can tell you that neither of the other 3 witnesses would agree that this was a helicopter.

The bottom (?) of this object had 4 bright yellow and red lights. Red being the stronger of the two colors. If was close enough to be a helicopter there would have been some sound as the sighting was at aprox. 2AM. If not, than it would have been the biggest helicopter ever built, and Canada's history of purchasing big helicopters is known to be quite suspect.

Thank you for the response in any case.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Cuauhtemoc,

I think the post by Spaxz was a reply to my post about a red helicopter I saw twice yesterday. It it plausible it was a medivac flight. That is easy enough to validate but I will take it at face value.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Here's a couple of recent similar sightings that sound like what you are describing.

Did it look like these?

UFO in Indiana 8/5/08 video 1 of 2

UFO in Indiana 8/5/08 video 2 of 2

UFO in Indiana 8/5/08 photos also captured

LIGHT LOG: AUG, 3rd, 2008-1/2

LIGHT LOG: AUG, 3rd, 2008-2/2

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Currently I am not home and am using a 286 computer from 1992, so I'll take a look at the links when I return to Toronto (Thurs). thanks for the help though.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
Here's a couple of recent similar sightings that sound like what you are describing.

Did it look like these?

UFO in Indiana 8/5/08 video 1 of 2

UFO in Indiana 8/5/08 video 2 of 2

UFO in Indiana 8/5/08 photos also captured

LIGHT LOG: AUG, 3rd, 2008-1/2

LIGHT LOG: AUG, 3rd, 2008-2/2

Here's another similar sighting that you can add to those above. Although there is no point of reference in this one, the lights seem similar.

LIGHTS IN LULA,GA.

I think its kind of weird to have these similar sightings within the last few weeks. I reported a very similar sighting back on July 25th to MUFON.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

I have advised the other witnesses to get accounts on ATS and add their views to this thread. To me what we saw didn't look like any of the links you posted, but I appreciate the submission.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join