It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the Bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What [snip] me off to no end is people getting on the freaking bus not ready with the fare.
people have your stuff ready before you board the [snip] bus! Why the hell do we all have to sit there waiting for your sorry [snip] to fumble around for exact change or your [snip] bus pass?

I take the bus every day, and sure as
every day everyone has to wait for multiple dumb [snip] to search around for exact change, or their bus pass.

when your waiting at the [snip] stop get your
ready! Then when you get on the [snip] bus feed the slot and sit your behind down!

And to the [snip] drivers! I GET OFF AT THE SAME [snip] STOP EVERY DAY IT'S THE LAST STOP ON THE [snip] LINE, QUIT ASKING WHY I'M STILL ON THE BUS YOU LAZY [snip] ! WTF!?! You drive a freaking route! My stop is the last stop before you turn around? Why ask all offended like why I am still on the [snip] bus? I know where I am going! Just because most people get off at the stop 4 blocks before, that does not mean I HAVE TO!
after I get off the [snip] buss I still have 6 city blocks to walk! Don't you think that I might want to shave off some steps every day? Especially WHEN THE [snip] ROUTE COVERES IT!?!?!? IM NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING SPECIAL! JUST DO YOUR [snip] JOB!

And finally to the [snip] bums... NO I DON'T HAVE EXTRA CHANGE/SMOKES for you! I TAKE THE [snip] BUS, IF I COULD AFFORD YOUR HABBITS DON'T YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE A [snip] CAR AND DRIVE?!?!

I was homeless for nearly a year, I know how snip] hard it is. But at no point did I ever beg at a bus stop.

Mod Edit - removed profanity.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I know what you mean. The subway is the same. I actually had a Chinese woman ask me if i had $1.75?????? "I'll pay you back" right. Like you're ever going to run into me again!!!
"Do you have spare cigarettes always gets me
"Sure. i have one here i was never ever going to smoke, would you like it?"

Then there are the saviors- nah i dont want to be saved either.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh! A Public transportation rant thread the day I spent frustratingly cruising around running errands and stuff!

I've experienced all of the above so I feel for you both! I have my radio headphones so I just block out most garbage, but what was really getting me and driving me crazy was the automated speaker that says, "Stop Requested!" Arrrrrrrrgh! Why can't it be like in the eighties when it would just ding. Is the bus driver that stupid that he needs a lady telling him to stop every few blocks.

Ok, that isn't even my rant. I just thought of that when I was beginning to type.

Most busses in my area pickup every 15 minutes unlike 30 min due to the high price of gas and more demmand for public transportation. So, I hop on the bus after waiting 5 minutes and go to a friends, but I had to walk like five blocks.

In that walk I seen a bus that I could take back. I noted the time and just made sure I was there one half hour later. I was there ten minutes later cause I only dropped something off. I'm waiting....... 30 min no bus. I'm waiting...... 45 min no bus. I'm waiting 60 min. no bus.

I'm starting to think public transportation sucks after this wait. So I get up and walk away a few blocks down. Luckly I turned back and saw the bus comming and had enough time to sprint the two blocks back! :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thats not that bad...

For me, the only people that ride the bus, are the third world-illigal aliens that look like they woke up in a Tijijuna sewer... and smell like it too..

Oh, and Drug addicts...

So basicly, Illigals, and Drug addicts...

DOnt you LOVE THE BUS...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

That's funny, but I guess not if you gotta smell the drunks and hear the dumb [snip] illegals talk their language because they have no respect and refuse to learn our language.

Wait... I have experienced this and it just urks me too!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Oh and tonight, this is great, I get off of work, go the six blocks to the place where the bus to take me back home is supposed to be. I get to the place, find the bus there sitting. I ask the bus driver if the bus goes all the way to the road I need. She says yes, so I start to board and she tells me that I have to wait across the street!

Mind you, the bus was already supposed to have left, I thought I was lucky. Oh no, fifteen minutes I have to wait across the street, looking at an empty bus parked waiting on god knows what!

BTW sorry mods for my uber profane rant, should have been there before I cleaned it up!
woulda made Chris Rock blush!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Something that drives me nuts is when im sitting at the bus station and some one comes up and asks if they can use the phone. I said yes once.

I was in a good mood and I thought the guy needed some help. It turns out he just was bored and wanted to chat with a friend on the phone untill the bus came!. That pissed me off. After about 2-3 minutes of this clown running up my bill I snatched the phone back, hung it up, and said use your own f*$king phone if your just going to chat you dumba$$!

As for the crazy guys out their preaching, I almost got into a fight with one once. He was screaming at anyone who went by saying "repent or you shall burn in hell". To give him a hard time I asked him if he believed in jesus. He went nuts! He got in my face screaming "SATAN BE GONE". I said "If you dont get out of my face im gonna knock the religon right out of ya. A cop broke it up before it could go any further though. That happened when I was a teenager though.

people asking for cigs doesnt bother me as much, but it does bother me. I usually just tell them I dont smoke ( I do). They tend to leave me alone after that.

now people begging for change, That pisses me off. As the OP said, if I had money I wouldnt be riding the damn bus!

people who arent ready and have to dig around for the fare pisses me off too. Its hot in texas and I dont want to stand out in the heat any longer thatn I have too. But some clown who has been standing at the stop for 10 minutes hasnt gotten their money or pass ready yet. So now I have too stand their and wait. Atleast have the curtousy to let those of us who are prepared, go first.

As for the stop requested, that doesnt bother me. What bothers me is when I press the button and it says "stop requested" as usual, but the bus driver keeps going because he isnt paying attention. I have to get up run to the front of the bus and tell him to stop Because he past my stop. Once When I did that. The bus driver said your supposed to press the button. I pointed to the sign right above his head that was blinking "stop requested' in big red letters and said I did!

Thanks for the rant OP, It gave me a chance to get some similar stuff off my chest. Now I need a drink

:w:

[edit on 6-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 6-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yup you guys pretty much summed it up. It would seem no matter were you live bus etiquette remains the same. One other thing that irks me besides having to wait for a late bus is when you get on they don't give you enough time to sit down before taking off. Not exactly easy to walk on a moving bus.

In the warmer months I completely abandon public transportation and bike to work. Sure it's a little more work, but No waiting, No bums, No bus fare and I can even make any other stops I want. I can even beat the bus to work.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
"Bus"ted... :LOL:

Sorry couldn't resist..

And the sad thing about all this is that Mr. and Mrs. Rural America who don't have a bus/transit system, would love to have all the problems that your experiencing.

Wingz

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wingz

Your right Wingz, when I lived in Colorado in the mountains, I wished all the time for a bus system to get from Estes Park to Ft Collins or to Boulder.

now I live in a place with one and now im wishing I was back home

new topics

top topics

join