It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House is Briefed: Phoenix About to Announce "Potential For Life" on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Click Here For Original Article

They have also made the decision to discuss the results with the Bush Administration's Presidential Science Advisor's office before a press conference between mid-August and early September.

My guess is, the suspicion of this summer being the summer of contact is fulfilling itself.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi narin

As you say this will be announced as the potential for life rather than actual life.

We've had announcements before about the potential of life on this planet but its never really followed up with much evidence is it. Then any evidence we do get seems to get placed in a constant round of debunking.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by narin
Click Here For Original Article

They have also made the decision to discuss the results with the Bush Administration's Presidential Science Advisor's office before a press conference between mid-August and early September.

My guess is, the suspicion of this summer being the summer of contact is fulfilling itself.

The article you posted is a confirmed bogus. Please read these informations.

www.space.com...

www.aviationweek.com...

www.universetoday.com...-16472

edition.cnn.com...

There is an existing thread on this topic at the Space Exploration forum, you may
want to make your contribution.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by free_spirit]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

They briefed bush and the white house, no wonder! The story was probably true, but maybe the big man decided not to release the information after all. Who's the boss? Bush is the boss! He owns you all!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Reading the story, then the subsequent shoulder-shrugging denial has all of the signs of a cover-up.

I like this quote: "The goal [of having no MECA team members present] was to prevent them from being asked any questions that could reveal information before NASA is ready to make an announcement, sources say," the Aviation Week article said, adding that, "The Bush Administration's Presidential Science Advisor's office, however, has been briefed on the new information that NASA hopes to release as early as mid August."

Regardless of what this actual discovery is; I for one am not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's a potential cover up to say the least. NASA is losing credibility fast either way, and they're going to hafto announce some time because the children are waking up, and contacting these beings. We can't have an entire generation on Psych meds...or can we?

top topics

join