It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"issues are important" thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Im adding the following to the list

Votus, Potus

The "what is relevant" debate

An extensive list of lots of POTUS candidates, and their standings on political issues

The last link contains a lot of candidates to choose from, many beyond the top two "big dogs" McCain and Obama.

Worth a looksie.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Lets add another thread to the list

The Space Agenda: Obama + McCain

Something not yet talked about i think.

Good read too. Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I love how only you guys who are obviously on the left, can decide what an issue is. As if you decide what is legitimate and what isn't. You don't and its another glaring example of the arrogance that continues to lose elections for the democrats.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I enjoy debating actual issues, and concrete factual subjects. However, I DO for one believe that a Candidate's Character is as important as the issues which they stand upon. There is far too much Thread Closing going on in the Decision 2008 Forum, simply because some cannot agree on what an issue actually is, much as you say "Dronetek".

In regards to Decision 2008 Threads, let me state a proposal here:

• Rumors without any factual basis should be Closed, or moved to "Political Conspiracies".

• Attacks on children should be Closed, Period.

• Attacks on religious beliefs should be Closed.

• If a Source consists solely of Tabloid Journalism, there should be a Special label given to the Thread denoting it as such.

• Character Issues should be allowed, granted that there is substantial evidence to call into account what is being debated (ie, Videos, Multiple MSM Sources, etc.).

Then, while allowing these discussions, simply Close Posts which stray far off topic. Only close the entire Thread if Civility loses itself to Complete and Utter Ignorance (ie, Name calling, Threats, etc.).

Although the Issues are truly of great importance, we must also remember that interpretations vary as to what composes a true "Issue". I do believe this needs to be taken into account.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hi, Andrew. Sorry that I missed this thread until now. I like your thread title and idea behind it... seems to be ahead of the game.
I would like to think that my thread, Beyond the horizon..., falls into this category. I hope you agree. I am not tryiing to resurrect it but do think it is a good source of info about Obama's energy policies.

O.k. then... later.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
according to the future maps (google that) the british isles are soon going to be under the water...do anyone knows where exactly the "uk survival team" plans to go?

i would also appreciate the advice on how to change the password here.

reply by U2U svp, or directly to [email protected] , as i occasionally have troubles with navigating various web sites.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyschlitz

according to the future maps (google that) the british isles are soon going to be under the water...do anyone knows where exactly the "uk survival team" plans to go?

i would also appreciate the advice on how to change the password here.

reply by U2U svp, or directly to [email protected] , as i occasionally have troubles with navigating various web sites.

gl2

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
To prove he's got his finger on the nation's pulse, McCain will return Tuesday's debate to THE main issues of our time:

1. The flag pin
2. The Wasilla Chamber of Commerce
and 3. The right to carry pistols in public schools

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join