It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever considered the government to actually being the 'good guys'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wherever you come across information relating to UFOlogy you'll stumble upon the strong opinions that are our governments, because they are hiding the "truth", are evil or they are the bad guys - the e.g. Illuminati gone all-Soprano on us, denying us knowledge for their own power or greed despite the fact there has never been any real hypothesis as to why this would be.

First thing is first, there is no way in the Delta Quadrant, that they'd intend to keep this to themselves forever. I'll believe Nessie touring with U2 first before I accept any notion that the public will never one day know. But we don't really know, so there must be a reason.

One of the most fascinating discussions or hypothetical debates to ever relate to this subject is WHAT IF IT WAS ALL TRUE, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. Can you imagine the distress of world leaders torn between their responsibility of letting people know there are souls above our blue planet, and the panic it would cause? Imagine religious leaders having to question their own faiths desperate to find any evidence to support the existence of alien life so it doesn't conflict with their spiritual identity? What if there was no real evidence? How would the world react? What if the truth of their existence was not as only simple as, oh we got some guests coming over from the stars tonight, but as many here believe or speculate - that we are in many ways our ancestry and origins are tightly related together? What if that was true - what leader or government in their right mind would disclose that?

How many people here, if made Presidents and Kings, would call their people and give them this information as soon as it came? Or would you wait for the right time to minimize impact?

50 years ago the subject just came into existence within the hallways of power across our globe. And since then we have gone through a social and cultural evolution where, especially during the past few decades, the public are more open and desensitised to the suggestion of alien contact. In fact, reputable media sources have even begun to take note of some incidents in recent months and years. The subject, may be eyebrow raising to some, you may laugh at it, but you cant deny that there is a fantastic amount of belief and popularity behind this subject of alien life across all parts of society.

This didn't really exist until recent times. So perhaps the governments of this world realise the need to have this knowledge out there as fact, not speculation or myths, but are implementing methods in trying to prepare the minds of people, perhaps this generation or the next, to accept this with excitement and curiosity rather than fear and panic?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
When have they ever really been the good guys?

In the middle ages, they used religion as government. Even the Kings and Queen were subject to the Church.

They've always had more for themselves and less for everyone else.

I think Rush put it perfectly in their song "Bastille Day"

There's no bread
Let them eat cake
There's no end to what they'll take
Flaunt the fruits of noble birth
Wash the salt into the earth"

And the salt is symbolic for us regular folks.

They still "fault the fruits of noble birth." It's all you see on TV these days. The rich and famous, plastered all over the MSM.

Stories of real people get pushed back to documentaries that barely see the light of day. Just click on Premium Videos at the top of the page and go watch "Big Easy to Big Empty" for an example.

Some local news networks will air "awwww"-inspiring stories but those are few. The rest of it is propaganda, attempting to prop up governments as the good guys, when in reality they are "sub rosa" and having fun manipulating people.

There may be some instance where people run for office and try to do their best, but once they get into the "big club," they too are manipulated and told what to do.

An old movie is a good example of this. Go watch "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" on Google video. He was a down-to-earth guy who only wanted to do good. But all the while others were plotting away.

"Meet John Doe" is another good example.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Ceara]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I meant 'good guys' in the context that they're not denying us the truth just for fun or just because they can, not in the context of how pure they are in character.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If we were given this information in the 50's when the public actually liked the government, just think of the advancements that could be in place now. Those pictures of what people back then thought life would be like in the year 2008 would be closer to true. We might not be using gas in cars and having wars about oil. We would have wars about much more important things. On second thought, maybe we would have been smart enough to realize that war solves nothing and hurts everyone. But not today. we will just go on about our lives listening to our stupid leaders telling us we need to go and fight with the next Axis of Evil. Bitter, no I'm not bitter.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

I figure they're stuck in a certain mode of reaction (avoidance of disclosure/hierarchical information control/whatever) for whatever institutional/psychological/historical or operational reasons, with no real way of judging whether their current mode is better than other weird alternatives, they're just sticking with it regardless.
So then whether they're the good guys we can't tell, cause we don't know how it all sorts out for us humans in the end...if this UFO bit sorts out being no problem for most humans, sure, they get to be the good guys. But if things turn out bad for many humans with future UFO developments, then they will be the bad guys, no matter what their intentions were, they will be judged by the results. If you keep information to yourself, you build responsibility and guilt up for yourself. If all UFO material was transparently available, the governments could be blamed for dislocations from that first shock, but after that, they'd be no more responsible than any other humans, particularly.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
I meant 'good guys' in the context that they're not denying us the truth just for fun or just because they can, not in the context of how pure they are in character.

I dont think any "good guy" ever gets to the top, since there are so many bad guys preventing it with means the good guy cant use.

You'll probably find the good guys with a good heart in the middle class.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I totally and utterly agree with the OP. If I were a government leader then I too would take all this alien life information into top secret. People over in iraq are dying for their religion, imagine the mass confusion. Would people commit suicide because their whole life was committed to something thats now being questioned?

Never know till yah try tho!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Sushkov
Would people commit suicide because their whole life was committed to something thats now being questioned?

The military does it all the time. So convinced they are doing good, when nothing good can come from using force. Hate creates hate. Love creates love.

If you think you are so different to the guy you are fighting, your head has been filled with so much junk you cant think straight.

People not questioning authority are on the completely wrong track.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shino

Put it this way, if someone bashed your head in 'just for fun' would that make it any worse than if they bashed your head in for 'noble reasons'?

Your talking about rights, freedom, control and the duty to govern.

Your question regarding would any member of the public do it differently if they had power is an interesting question. Many would not. Once they had been let into the secrets they may keep them. Maybe there are persuasive reasons for not releasing the information to the general public? But, you have to remember that at the same time those people are using many unjustifiable methods to control the public. How can you trust people who torture innocent people under the guise of preventing terrorism? How can you trust those same people who test drugs in the third world that would be illegal here? How can you trust those same people who manipulate food prices that results in the death of millions of people from starvation and leaves many more in desperation.

The same people who invade one country under the lie of liberation when all they want to liberate is oil! While they ignore genocide in other countries that have no resources for them to plunder? The same people who keep 97% of the world’s wealth for 2% of the population - themselves!

While the so called 'elite' cause so much terror, pain and suffering the world over I don’t think we could trust them with a secret recipe for fried chicken, let alone the secrets of alien life and advanced technology!

And as beings who live in this universe we are entitled to know if there are other beings living in our home.

You could justify keeping something from a child for their own protection, but always with the understanding that they will be an adult one day and then make their own judgement. You can't use the same argument for people who’ve already have reached the age of judgement for themselves.

top topics

join