It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea that'll solve 9/11 one and for all, though is it feasible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So I have this idea that would solve 9/11 once and for all. How to make it happen is the hard part.
My idea consists of building 1 tower exactly how they were in the middle of the desert, and fly a plane into the tower with remote control, and then sit back and see how long it takes to fall.
Questions that would need to be answered before hand, how much would it cost to build just a skeleton of 1 tower? Who would pay for it? Would a petition signed by citizens help with the government possibly granting the money to do such an experiment.? Is this a good idea to solve the problem, and is it feasible?
I believe it would be worth the time and money because in the mean time, were all just growing further apart due to the vaste amount of theories circulating about that day, and if the experiment was to take place, it would, if not answer all questions, atleast help eliminate some theories from the equation.
Any takers or is this just wishful thinking? I don't think anyone could blast this idea completely because not knowing the answers causes more problems then spending ridiculous amounts of money to possibly reach the same conclusions of that day.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, to build an identical tower, we would need to get ahold of all the original structural documentation(drawings, notes, blueprints, etc). At that point, engineers would be able to determine the cause of failure without having to rebuild the tower and crash a plane into it. Besides, NIST already built a model of a part of the building, heated it up and did not get a failure. Somehow, they still arived at the conclusion that fire weakened the steel causing failure.
Griff and others have been saying all along that we need the structural documentation...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Actually you could do something like that, heck you could build the whole city, at least the major buildings surrounding the towers. They could be built a fraction of the size to what the real WTC were and then use a remote control plane built to the same fraction of size.

The only problem I could see is we know the weight of the planes, but not the weight of the towers, plus one would have to calculate the weight of the passengers and the luggage, also the weight of the towers office furniture.

Hollywood builds some small sets for movies all of the time. When you see cities being bombed and bridges being blown up, and it looks so real, it is, lots of times these miniature sets are built for that purpose. It is awfully expensive I would think though.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The way I perceive it is all we would need would be the steel interior, steel exterior, and the floors. The rest of the weight, I.e. The equipment in the building, office supplies and what have you, could be looked over cause the weight of those is nothing compared to it as a whole. You would only really need the weight of the above floors to be some what comparible to that day, since the theory is pancaked floors.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
O, and I really don't think money should be the issue here, if it would solve the problem. Maybe ask for the money back from the 9/11 commission reporters and that could maybe cover most of it? That's just speculative since I haven't a clue of cost of such a task. Why our gov hasn't done more to get it right is beyond thought. Though I believe a true scaled test to the specifictions of the tower and the experiment itself would help everyone decide, since anyone could create a scale on a computer or on a table top and say whatever they wanted was the result since no one really witnessed the experiment.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It would be an indefensible analog...Who's to say there wasn't 500 feet of defective steel (produced with poor quality control on a Fiday before a three day weekend?)in the original structure.
If it falls to the side, Mainstream folks can claim some variables in the test bldg( concrete footings/rivets or bolts were different, if it doesn't fall the"main stream public can can claim the same...Its just not the same structure...

We simply need to establish the time/date of those pictures
of the steel I-beams cut at a 45 degree angle; "Debunkers" claim "those were cut by search/recovery crews. If they were not, but found jutting up from the wreckage they're all the smoking gun needed.... The fact the clean up began( on a crime scene) in earnest and the steel was shipped out to be melted down always bothered me. ::mad.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This crime was solved a long time ago. The preponderance of the evidence points to coordination from within the Bush administration. No-one else could have managed the event that we call 9/11. However . . .

. . . if an experiment along the lines that you propose was done, you would then face the same problems that we have been facing all along, getting the results published in the mainstream, dealing with government disinfo agents and people in "debunkernation" that can't handle the truth.

You would be back to square one, with all the same beefs that truthers already have.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I can save everyone a lot of money.

How about if we just listen to Larry Silverstein's confession or note the bombs going off in the background as numerous people discuss the many "secondary explosions" heard on 9/11:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok, well put, though such an experiment would give definative answers, that no debunker could refute. I suppose that wouldn't stop them from lying about their debunking though. Well then I suppose we are all losers for taking lying down. Since we have no chance of retribution.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
The way I perceive it is all we would need would be the steel interior, steel exterior, and the floors. The rest of the weight, I.e. The equipment in the building, office supplies and what have you, could be looked over cause the weight of those is nothing compared to it as a whole. You would only really need the weight of the above floors to be some what comparible to that day, since the theory is pancaked floors.

I think most everyone views the pancake theory a joke since people took the time to actually look up what a pancaked structure looks like. Of course the folks who believe the official story will also believe the pancake theory, even though the pictures tell the story. LOL

BTW that is a really great idea you have proposed, I'm not sure it would be viewed as definitive proof though for the official theory folks, the only thing that is going to make them see the truth is a confession on MM with videos of Cheney and Bush planning out 911, while having dinner with Osama Bin Laden.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by goose]

new topics

top topics

join