It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No life on mars... or WAS there. CNN link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

seems they found a chemical on the surface that is used in solid rocket boosters..

Riight. So does that mean that were seeing remnants from something that was there?? I'm a bit confused.

Also, I could of swore their big find with with the microscopic analyzer. Now their saying it was with the chemical analyzer ??

Cover up??

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Triton1128]

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Triton1128]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Triton1128

there are traces of rocket fuel and jet fuel all over the earth. they have found traces in many of the crops that we grow and we are eating it...

(CNN) -- There are few sure ways to avoid ingesting perchlorate, the chemical used in rocket fuel that researchers have detected in breast milk at levels five to eight times higher than those considered safe, experts say.

www.cnn.com...
CNN.com - Study: Rocket fuel chemical taints food, water - Feb 25, 2005

not a chemist so i don't know if the same chemical compound is the same as the findings here on earth. but very interesting article and it almost seems like they are trying to cover up the possibility that there is life on mars by making this statement ?

suspicious to say the least...thanks for posting

[edit on 5-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

They found perchlorate on the surface. That's it. Just because it's used by solid rocket boosters doesn't mean to say it came from solid rocket boosters - it's a naturally-occuring chemical. It'd be like if they found gold, it wouldn't mean it came from an alien's wrist-watch.

The instrument they used to detect it is called the "Microscopy, Electrochemistry, and Conductivity Analyzer", or MECA, which can detect these sorts of things.

It has nothing to do with alien life. Nothing. No cover up - just normal science viewed through the eyes of a conspiracy theorist

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

No cover-up. None. There is no evidence for anything. They just found perchlorate on mars, and that means there's a cover-up? Jesus.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, is THIS their big reason to run to the white house??

OR are they feeding us this now to detour us from looking further?? and of course what they're sharing is directly opposite of what we would hope to hear.

Not like we have access to their finding reports. They can pretty much say they found anything they want up there.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

the headline from the op's CNN article say's...

Toxin in soil may mean no life on Mars

the article i posted shows that this chemical is all over earth too but there is plenty of life here so yea, it might be a way of denying the truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Maybe the Oxidizing substance is a bio-active waste of a living microbe substance... A microbe exhaust.... Maybe it could survive on earth? A deadly normaly biological microbe lethal to life? ....

Maybe its just dirt in HDDVD Hi-Res Holloywood frame.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
How much perchlorate? Over how much of the surface of Mars? Basic questions (not always easily answered), but until we can have those answers, it isn't really determinable just how much this affects the chances of life past or present. Sad news, but not the end-all to the search for life on Mars.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think that this soil-asparagus-good-perchlorate-bad search is about future human station on Mars and not about alien life past or present possibility. If there is alien life why perchlorate would be toxic to it? Maybe it is its "water" analog?
But if there is to be a station or even colony ability to grow food is very important.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
CNN never said no life on mars even tho the title says it. CNN says the chances are just dimmed down now.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
thats intresting .but you know i cant even think about living in mars.as long as we have our beautiful earth,h gust wanna stay home

top topics

join