It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Not First To Draw Hilton Comparison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

McCain Not First To Draw Hilton Comparison

newsbusters.org

Would all of this overwrought press hysteria be rendered even sillier were it to turn out that Sen. McCain was in actuality quoting Sen. Obama? Methinks that it would.

A February 24, 2005, Washington Post article begins:

There's nothing exotic or complicated about how phenoms are made in Washington, and, more to the point, how they are broken.

"Andy Warhol said we all get our 15 minutes of fame," says Barack Obama. "I've already had an hour and a half. I mean, I'm so overexposed, I'm making Paris Hilton look like a recluse."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well, well, well. It looks as though McCain wasn't the first to draw comparisons between Obama and Paris Hilton. Turns out Obama drew that comparison HIMSELF already.

Interesting isn't it?

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
No not really... I completely fail to see your point.
Are you comparing a joke Obama made about the media coverage he's getting to a malicious smear campaign by Mcain, attempting to question his competence

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The end of the article in case you failed to read it:

That is pretty much the who and the why of Sen. McCain's explanation of his ad, is it not? It turns out he wasn't mocking Sen. Obama so much as channeling him. Or making a mini-documentary out of the Post's article.

Either way, it is just another example of the elite media not liking a Leftist's own words being used against him in the court of public opinion.

I agree with this completely.

Apparently it's OK for Obama to compare himself to Hilton, but God forbid McCain do the same.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well....have you WATCHED this McCain smear 'advertisement'?

Did you notice the attempted subliminal message? A picture of the Tower of Pisa....a picture of the Washington Monument...a picture of the Liberty Column in Berlin....all could be called 'phallic symbols'. Yes?

Do you see the subtle racial implications here?

An image of a Black man, interspersed with two white women, scantily dressed, with the phallic symbols??

Do you see the subtext?

hint: racists use the 'fear' card...."The Black man is gonna rape our pretty girls"!

Do you see where this is going, how vile it is for the Rebubs to resort to this kind of BS?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm failing to see the link here too.

Of course, they'll say anything to try to justify their smear campaigns.

What ever happened to the leaders of countries having DECENCY, or RESPECT?

How can we trust someone like McCain to respect other countries and build ties, when he can't even respect a fellow American?

The US government has turned into a circus show, a farce.
It's not a government, it's a song and dance competition.
If a REAL party were to be introduced, the Republicans and Democrats both would be completely skewered.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well....have you WATCHED this McCain smear 'advertisement'?

Did you notice the attempted subliminal message? A picture of the Tower of Pisa....a picture of the Washington Monument...a picture of the Liberty Column in Berlin....all could be called 'phallic symbols'. Yes?

Do you see the subtle racial implications here?

An image of a Black man, interspersed with two white women, scantily dressed, with the phallic symbols??

Do you see the subtext?

hint: racists use the 'fear' card...."The Black man is gonna rape our pretty girls"!

Do you see where this is going, how vile it is for the Rebubs to resort to this kind of BS?

Wow, you guys are really going off the deep end huh? Nobody with a sane mind saw anything like that in the commercial. In fact, I'd say that if you DID see something like that, its probably you with the racist views.

You'll notice the media describes McCain's ads as "negative" and Obama's ads as "aggressive". That's all you need to know when confronting these kind of insane rantings. The media is creating these scandals for the purpose of inoculating Obama from criticism.

Keep it up Obamatrons. Its this type of thing that is going to win the election for us Republicans.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

For the OP....it's NOT about Paris Hilton!!!!

It is about the cheap way that the McCain Campaign takes any little sound-bite, and conflates it into a Nationally Televised smear Ad!!

It is cheap Politics, at its basest. Used to be called 'Yellow Journalism', when shoddy newspapers practised it.

WHERE in the Media have you seen any outcry about the McCain gaffe, confusing Shiites and Sunnis, and Joe LIEberman had to lean over and correct him?? Not once, not twice....FOUR times McCain made this mistake!

Hate to off-topic, but at least McCain's $520 loafers got into some aspect of coverage....remember John Edward's $400 haircut?? Hmmmm.....looks like the shoe is on the other foot....(pun intended)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You're right.

Poor Obama having to put up with big bad McCain's "smear" ads.

I guess we should all just leave poor little Obama alone shouldn't we?

Hate to break it it to you, but this is politics. If you and Obama don't like it or can't handle it, get out while you still can.

Give me a break.

I also don't see how much of a "smear" something can be when it's true.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yeah, I hear ya!

But, could try to deflect your own post.....

Point is, I have watched American Politics for a long time. Barack Obama as the Democratic front-runner, the presumed Nominee? He wasn't my first choice, but that's just MY opinion. (Hint, Hillary wasn't either, so gang up on me if you wish).

McCain....(I had to refrain there, he has many nicknames) frankly scares me more than Obama. It's that simple...the lesser of two evils, if you will.

Guess what? IF McCain selects a good Veep as a running-mate....then I just may throw the dice, expecting john to die in office, and like the runner-up! (I say that ONLY because he's old....McCain, I mean)

If Obama selects a better Veep....then I'll hold my nose and vote for him/them. ONLY because McCain can't keep his story straight, and well.....he's ugly! There, I said it! I'm shallow!

(of course, Barack is ugly too....but McCain is old and set in his ways....)

I am reminded, just now, of a Murdoch Street Journal (formerly Wall Street Journal) newspaper editorial saying that Barack Obama could not be President because he is 'too thin'. THIS is what qualifies as journalism today??? Quite sad, if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
HAHAHA...

So, years back, Obama joked about how the Media was GUSHING over him...

Now, McCain points out the same thing...

Whats Hussain pissed at? He Accusing McCain of copying him?

Im sorry if the media is fawning over you Hussain... go cry about it...

new topics

top topics

join