It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Week Psionic Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Question
Am I personally capable of developing or harnessing psychic abilities?

Observation
There are many people in the world who have claimed that everyone has psychic powers (commonly referred to as a single topic, “psionics”) which can be harnessed through practice, yet no one has ever conclusively proven it. There are many videos online that have been debunked or that remain unsubstantiated. Still, large groups of people claim that everyone has these inate abilities that can be unlocked. It is impossible to determine any genuine cases from any of the infinite number of hoaxes.

Hypothesis/Prediction
I do not believe that practice will increase or develop my psionic abilities.

Materials
A. 1 Psiwheel, constructed as per the following diagram:

i38.photobucket.com...

(Originally found through Google Images at Psipog.net, hosted on my Photobucket to avoid bandwidth leeching.)

- One piece of paper, cut to 2.5” x 2.5”
- One toothpick
- One eraser

B. 1 “Tinfoil”, constructed as per the following instructions:

www.psionicsonline.net...

C. 1 die (dice)
i38.photobucket.com...
*To my knowledge, these dice are not weighted, although an imbalance due to manufacturing could exist. Each week, I will use the same die but I will select a different number to try to influence, to make it fairly balanced.

Controls
Currently none. If necessary, psiwheel and foil can be placed under glass to avoid potential wind/heat/static interference.

Procedure/Experiment

This experiment will be repeated daily for two weeks (14 days.) At the end of this period, I may choose to extend the experiment based on any positive or interesting results. Each daily experiment will consist of the following:

- 5 minutes of relaxation (tense & release of all muscle groups)
- 10-15 minutes of psiwheel training (attempting to make psiwheel spin)
- 10-15 minutes of tinfoil training (attempting to make foil move in a straight line away from myself)
- 10-15 minutes of attempting to alter the outcome of random number generators (rolling dice)

-Total cumulative experiment duration will be at least 8 hours.
-Results will be recorded after each completed task. Time may be adjusted as needed, typically longer rather than shorter.
-Any consistent results will be reported in video form, to the (feasible) specifications set by skeptics.
-A lack of results after two weeks of daily trials will lead to termination of the experiment.

Analysis/Conclusion
(TBA)

Comments/suggestions/participation is welcome and encouraged

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi....newbi here first post.

Are you doing this with the assumption that it will not work?

I assume u realize like most things we learn..it may take a bit longer than u expect?

Apart from that good luck i hope you succeed.

P.S. try to keep an open mind during the experiment.
Might be better for the results to assume it will work rather than the opposite.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I intend on keeping an open mind, I had planned on writing that in there but I wasn't sure where to put it. I know many sites with instructions on this kind of thing say that you must keep an open mind.

But if I had to say which is more probable, I'm going to move something with my mind or nothing will happen, I'm afraid I will have to go with nothing for now until I see otherwise.

I realize that 2 weeks is a fairly short time... I intended on 1 month, but I will be leaving for university at the end of the month, and it might be a bit hectic so I will not be able to do it daily.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Starred and flag. Hope to hear updates. I have instructions for that as well, but really didn't want to commit to doing it in front of my kids.
. But my 17 year old is interested as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
the psi wheel is a fun one because its easy, and gives a fair bit to think about. Just try and cover your mouth, maybe with a dust mask, and make sure theres no open windows or whatever might influence it.

It helps if you meditate first.

I got it to work the first day that I put about.. 45 minutes to an hour into it. What I've learned is its, not so easy to push it with your mind, or which your chi from your hands or however you choose to. Maybe some people can do this but I think its something that practise really increases. The real tai chi for example, or qi-gong, same principles pretty much. You increase awareness of the flow of energy in your body, and then learn to increase its frequency, and then make it flow in a direction. I'll gladly explain more on that, from this tai chi book.

But yeah, when I first tried doing all that, maybe 6 months ago.. I first started by putting my hands around the wheel, maybe an inch away, and then trying to make it move. You can start to feel energy in your hands and sometimes I would try and make it influence the wheel, or the energy I would try and blend with the wheel, and then move it with my mind. Heres the thing.. after a while you can feel like a spongy field of energy around the wheel, and you can move your hands further back, as long as you feel the field, and make the wheel spin. When I got really into it a couple days.. I was able to stretch this sensation of this field, like pull it back, and I was able to move the wheel from the other end of the room, because actually.. it felt I was still connected to this field.

I don't think we need much awareness of energy to do the paper wheel.. well.. thats the thing.. making it move instantaneous is another thing all together.. this usually takes time for me.. as I believe the energy builds up... call it power of attracting manifesting.. as i believe thats what it is... it just reacts faster for some.. and in that regard.. .you basically focus so much on making the wheel move, that the next day you can make it move with much less effort, for the instruction has already been put there.. you might even have trouble reversing the direction.

What I found even was it got to the point, I remember showing my room-mate because his room, he could see into my room... all I did was poke my head around the corner and look at the psi wheel, and I got it to move with little effort.

Reading into power of attraction would help.

Without turning this into 30 pages, breaking down how I think everything works.. I'll just say that the concious mind is the most dumbed down, basic, uncluttered yet necessary layer of our thinking. I can't begin to understand the equations involved in moving something.. but I imagine a different layer of conciousness does. But yes.. a lot of the work seems to be in the subconcious.

You might even try asking it to move,, even a heavier object... going to bed, waking up.. and then slowly putting your hands near it.. I found that I got a cardboard wheel to move.. I never got it to move any other way except this one time where I did like a 1 hour meditation where I just gathered the feeling of energy, and it was quite unbalancing actually.. i had to relax myself and sort of power down.

Good luck.

I'd post my videos as well but i'm waiting for something more substantial then a piece of paper. In the end, i'm not trying to impress anyone, or prove or disprove anything to them. I do it for me, because I am curious of my existence. However, I would like to cultivate this skill to inspire people, and get them thinking. They can call me a magician or fraud, i'll just plant the seed.

Again, good luck.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Excellent experiment. Only thing I can add is:

- 10-15 minutes of psiwheel training (attempting to make psiwheel spin)
- 10-15 minutes of tinfoil training (attempting to make foil move in a straight line away from myself)

When you attempt these, please video record these. If you manage to get it to work, then we can at the very least see it. If you should not be able to produce the movement again, atleast you can perhaps review the tapes to see what what wrong.

Good luck and take care,

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Day 1 Results:

Psiwheel had very small movements but no spinning... when I put a tupperware container over it, it stopped though so it must have been wind. With a container on it, it was somewhat difficult to see because it wasn't completely clear though. I'll have to find a clear jar or cup large enough to cover it.

Tinfoil, no results really.

Dice... rolled 8 of the number I was trying to influence out of 60 trials... below expected results.

I don't feel video can really prove PK. This is one of the most believable psiwheel videos out there, and this guy has admitted that it was a fake and explained how (hole drilled in the leg of the table with pull-away section, accomplice blows air up through the leg to make the psiwheel move. Note you can't see the front legs while the psiwheel is spinning):

"Best Psiwheel Video"

I don't know how I could possibly rule out more than that, except by doing the psiwheel on concrete with mirrors on every side.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think if you got it to move, you can expect it to spin, possibly tommorow. The thought or "energy" is stored and accumulated, and its like.. it almost seems like its making the program to figure out how to do it.

The container, yes. Me and some freinds noticed this as well. I could not feel its field of energy through the container, i believe this to be the reason. I think you're in for some interesting things.

Try different sizes of wheels. Try closing your eyes and then mentally willing it to happen, like see with your minds eye what you want it to do, think that it will happen. Closing your eyes, and concentrating, relaxing... it puts you in alpha mode, more energy is focused on the task, and also it alpha, its much easier to program the subconcious mind.

I've learned that relaxation is the key. I guess a lot of people will tell you that, that if you try and force it, will burn more energy etc.. but you'll learn your own way. Perhaps force will work for you.

I know when I can feel the chi in my hands, "converted to jing" (you feel little electric twitches).. i can make it flow into the wheel giving it energy to move when it starts to slow, without moving my hands. I really don't think this is an air current, especially by making it do exactly what I want it do from the back of the room.

Keep at it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
When I tense my bicepts/forearms slightly, as if attempting to "squeeze" the energy out of my hands, I can feel almost like a warm circle in the center of my palms, about the diameter of a golf ball.... is this the chi/energy channelling you are referring to? If so, what do I do with it next? Is this the beginning of a "psiball"? I have attempted to create those before without success... maybe I should try to focus my attention on that? Surely if I can get some visible sparking between my hands it will be much better evidence than spinning a piece of paper...

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
in Tai Chi, they focus on isolating bones and specific parts of the body. I can sense the energy the most in my hands, but they say after much practise... using the movements and the imagination (the movements are supposed to help you feel this flow throughout your body).. I guess after so long you can like focus on your entire skeleton. And i'm sure it doesn't stop there. You practise "CONDENSED BREATHING".. where you visualise your bones contracting, squeezing energy into the marrow, and the muscles squeezing the energy towards the marrow as well. I guess you do this and then store it in yourr dan tien, or around the solar plexus (in the stomach/abdomen area). From there, I guess you direct it through your body.

But anyways, this condensed breathing is supposed to turn the chi into "jing". they say your awareness of chi, raises your psychic awareness but the real power is in turning into jing, which is essentially.. a higher frequency.

THe theory on its pretty interesting. THe idea is that the physical world has limitations but the mind is without limitation. They talk about the energy used just to wind up and throw a punch, versus having the same force from like a 2 inch punch.

I'm not a martial artist, but I think this is probably how they smash through bricks without breaking their hands. I've seen them do incredible stuff.

So yeah, if you feel little tingling, electric shocks, I think this supposed to be the chi being converted into jing, the energy frequency going higher.

For a couple years I've been doing this thing where I would feel my body energy, or some inner sensations, kind of like feeling your whole body.. i cant describe it any other way... I could just increase the feeling of it.. make it go higher or faster. I found that at times where I wasn't meditating, and was in a rough state, the sensation of the energy escalation/frequency change was more signifigant, as if it was below normal.

I did this the other day while lieing in bed and I mean.. I only did it for 5 seconds tops and I had to crank the AC. I think what I did was crank my body temperature up. So perhaps i'm speeding the flow of energy. I felt very hot all over.

I've been putting this stuff off for a while now, i'm going to go do it now actually. I'll let you know how it works for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Interesting experiment. I have collected tons of data on different Psionic talents that supposedly exist but have yet to be successful with any of them. I will be eager to hear of your results.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
ha yeah, I managed to do it agian in about 5 seconds.. I turn the Air conditioner off because the air flow affects the wheel, but 5 seconds of raising my energy and I'm dieing of heat. I think by the 10th second i started to feel a cooling sweat all over. (no I don't perspire like that so easily, and its not that hot in here at all).

The same practise that i'd do to my whole body, i isolated in the fingers this time and felt some heavy shocks.. I guess I was turning chi into jing all these years.. interesting.

Try that condensed breathing though. Try feeling your energy in your body and then just making it shake higher... i can't really say do it in your mind because I can actually feel it, thats why its hard to explain.

Anyways, back to this..

top topics

join