It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riley Martin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Do people like Riley Martin give us UFO enthusiasts a bad name? Do any of you belive what this guy has to say? Is he serious? Hoaxing? A drugged up loser who believes what he is saying?

discuss?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by prestonberryworth

firts of all.. Ive never heard of Riley Martin.. you should of had a link provided so we can tell what your talking about.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes. Anyone who makes assertions without any evidence is hurting the UFOlogy movement. Anyone. That goes for people on this board who make statements about UFOs and aliens that are not based on fact. We need real evidence of the extra-terrestrial origin of UFOs before this field can become accepted by mainstream science. Until that happens, every whack-job spouting about how aliens fly out of his butt at 2:30pm every day is hurting our chances of that ever happening (the acceptance, not butt-aliens).

Unfortunately there are massive amounts of folks on this very forum who fall into the same category. The "Electric Aliens" guy springs to mind - he had already made his mind up about aliens before coming here, and would not change his opinion regardless of evidence.

We need to adopt the scientific method for the study of UFOs and aliens. Without that, we are armchair enthusiasts who offer nothing to the world at large.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf

firts of all.. Ive never heard of Riley Martin.. you should of had a link provided so we can tell what your talking about.

I'm sorry, do you want me to spoon feed you? You can look up lots of information on the internets....here is a youtube clip...

www.youtube.com...

here is a better four part series....

www.youtube.com...

If this guy can get so much attention then why can't people who don't seem crazy?

[edit on 5-8-2008 by prestonberryworth]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

yes.. I want you to spoon feed me... thats what this site is all about.. if your going to start a thread then give us some information, was that so difficult... I went to his site anyhow... he is what I came up with.. he is a artist who has drew a hundred thousand symbols, and for a price you can have one... the symbols were downloaded into his brain by some device the aliens put on his head,, while he was doing a bong.. or I mean while he was on a trip , or I should say when he was travelling with the aliens in there mother ship... if you buy a symbol, you will help save the earth, Do I think he is a nut case... you decide..

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think he's an interesting character...

He has a show on Sirius Radio on Stern 101 (one of the Howard Stern channels)...

Though Riley intends the show to be serious, Howard mainly gives him a show because he finds him so amusing... Between Riley's constant complaining about being underpaid, and his overall speaking mannerism, I can't help but to find him amusing myself...

I'm usually one who doesn't like to point at someone and say anything bad about them unless I'm personally certain that they are disingenuous in their motives. For some reason I'm not convinced Riley is trying to be disingenuous, though I may be being naive...

I will say that even assuming he is fully telling the truth when he speaks (giving him the benefit of the doubt), I don't really see him doing a whole lot of good for the cause in the eyes of skeptics... But that's just an opinion...

new topics

top topics

join