It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Camelot Connection Never Happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Obama's Camelot Connection Never Happened

Ever ask yourself how the Obama's landed in America? Well according to Barry O, there is a connection between his family and the renowned Kennedy clan:

One of the first students airlifted to America was Barack Obama Sr, who married a white Kansas native named Ann Dunham during his US studies. Their son, born in 1961 and named for his father, has only once mentioned his Kennedy connection on the campaign trail.

"[T]he Kennedys decided: 'We're going to do an airlift,'" senator Obama said during a March speech in Selma, Alabama. "We're going to go to Africa and start bringing young Africans over to this country and give them scholarships to study so they can learn what a wonderful country America is. This young man named Barack Obama [Sr] got one of those tickets and came over to this country."
www.guardian.co.uk...

Problem is, it never happened.

It is a touching story — but the key details are either untrue or grossly oversimplified.

Contrary to Obama’s claims in speeches in January at American University and in Selma last year, the Kennedy family did not provide the funding for a September 1959 airlift of 81 Kenyan students to the United States that included Obama’s father. According to historical records and interviews with participants, the Kennedys were first approached for support for the program nearly a year later, in July 1960. The family responded with a $100,000 donation, most of which went to pay for a second airlift in September 1960.

hotair.com...

Why would Obama try to glorify his past? Why try to make it more romantic, more beautiful than it really was?

Simple: he wants people to associate him with JFK.

The sad fact is, his father made it to America (not the way BO says he made it, btw), impregnated BO's mother, and then left for good less than 2 years later, leaving the family to fend for themselves. BO's mother then married another muslim named Lolo Soetoro, and the family ended up in Indonesia.

But Obama wants you to think his past was somehow tied in with the Kennedys. A matter of destiny.

I am reminded of the words of Lloyd Bentsen:

"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy: I knew Jack Kennedy; Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

[edit on 5-8-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It is destiny my friend.

Obama is the chosen one...he has come to lead us all to the promised land. The messiah has returned!!!

Seriously though, what part of Obama's past has he NOT tried to glorify?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any response by Obama supporters on this thread. I'm always amused at the way fans of Obama try to put a spin on the bologna that comes out of Obama's mouth at times. ... and other times, his supporters don't even acknowledge his serious blunders because, hey, his mistakes don't matter!

When Hillary misspoke about history there was a giant issue made of it, ( I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Hillary supporter so I'm not one of those people who is feeling that she got ripped off) ... but when Obama misspeaks (which happens quite frequently), NOBODY makes an issue of it. Obama makes errors and the media and his supporters just give him a free pass.

It's really quite sick and disturbing to see it happening throughout our Country. But it is shocking, surprising and disheartening that here on ATS, a CONSPIRACY SITE, Obama is again given a free pass from many of our members. For many ATS'ers the phrase "deny ignorance" does not apply when it comes to Obama!!!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

So the Kennedys DID donate 100k for an African Airlift?

And Obama's father DID come over on one of those Airlifts?

The only difference is that the Kennedy's sponsored the one the year after His father was on one?

I'm not sure I see the issue here.

This is a speech about how America can help it's self by helping others. It's not a "I'm down with the Kennedy's" speech.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
America is in a situation right now where Australia was a year ago. We were faced with 2 choices: John Howard, Bush's playboy or the unknown Kevin Rudd, christian conservative. To vote for any other party was useless as they did not have enough supporters so it was a "lesser of two evils" vote.

I believe this is what America is facing now. Whichever way you vote: John McCain or Barack Obama, you are pretty much stuffed.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is the first time I've heard of this Camelot Connection and found it interesting. The problem I see with the second article which refutes the claim that Obama's father came to the US on an airlift that JFK funded and uses his inauguration date as a reference. However in the first article, it is clear he did this before he was president and still a senator.

Kennedy, who chaired the senate subcommittee on Africa, arranged a $100,000 grant through his family's foundation to help Mboya keep the program running.

"It was not a matter in which we sought to be involved," Kennedy said in an August 1960 senate speech. "Nevertheless, Mr Mboya came to see us and asked for help, when none of the other foundations could give it, when the federal government had turned it down quite precisely. We felt something ought to be done."
www.guardian.co.uk...

bold emphasis added.

The second article does not say exactly when the airlift occurred, so it is hard to verify that it happened the way he describes. He could be right, but without dates you can't tell. I would like to see more evidence.

I did find one line in the second article that was funny though, and shows the authors intentions.

For Democrats wanting a return to JFK, he ties himself to the Kennedys in a false and strangely sexual manner.
hotair.com...

What exactly does he mean by this?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
America is in a situation right now where Australia was a year ago. We were faced with 2 choices: John Howard, Bush's playboy or the unknown Kevin Rudd, christian conservative. To vote for any other party was useless as they did not have enough supporters so it was a "lesser of two evils" vote.

I believe this is what America is facing now. Whichever way you vote: John McCain or Barack Obama, you are pretty much stuffed.

Funny, I don't recall any Australian candidates making a world tour in which they were treated like the next best thing with crowds of 200k+ people.

I guess this isn't anything like the election in Australia you mentioned.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well according to Barry O, there is a connection between his family and the renowned Kennedy clan:

Actually, according to "Barry O", he erred, and admitted he erred about this back before the primaries were even over. I love a man who can admit when he makes a mistake, don't you?

This is old news, but happy Obama-bashing!

Source

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Funny, I don't recall any Australian candidates making a world tour in which they were treated like the next best thing with crowds of 200k+ people.

I guess this isn't anything like the election in Australia you mentioned.

If by "200k+ people" you are referring to Berlin, I would point out that he spoke at a free rock concert which of course attracts large crowds.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, I give him credit for admitting to the err. He also erred on his uncle in WW II and admitted that one too. Does show he has a problem recalling history but I give him credit for admitting that he misremembered.

top topics

join