Mood Music - Whats Song Represents How You feel right NOW

page: 418
<< 415  416  417    419  420  421 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Thank you for posting "Shine" exactly what I needed to hear right this minute!

Don't know if this will mean anything to you, been wanting to post it for a few days, and today is the day

Jewel - Satisfied

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
To butt into the conversation earlier on here between Biliverdin and Eidolon23, rude, I know, but never has stopped me before
In this song she is leaving, not me at all, I don't have that kind of man, but the rest applies.

Jewel - Stronger Woman
edit on 21-9-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

I don't disagree with you, at all, but don't you think that status is a large part of it too? In the case of foot binding, and other female mutilations, such things were seen as increasing the girl's value, economically, in the transaction of marriage.

I suspect that all the variations on, "It's in your best interest," are merely the veneer that covers the deep envy and need for parity. People who profit from exploiting women as chattel or consumers wouldn't be able to sustain those practices if ladies pulled out of the game.

Female competition: women don't spend several hours a day on their appearance for the benefit of men (aside from those who fetishize status). Men are only concerned with symmetry, good proportions, glossy hair, indicators of good health, etc. You got that going on, and most men will not notice things like make-up or shoes or even surgical "correction".

Women do it for each other, and those that fail to pay obeisance to increasingly schizoidal beauty ideals are regarded with deep suspicion by those who do. Which is why women seeking to alleviate female competition in the workplace will be surprised to find that switching out to bare face and flats only intensifies it.

And look- I get that making limited concessions to feminine mores is fine, and may even be essential to group solidarity. But the drive to milk women for their expendable income by keeping them perpetually unhappy with themselves is taking a huge toll, much of that distress manifesting as vicious female competition. The word "frenemy" should never have been coined.

When the only thing women have to bond over is their dissatisfaction with men and their spite toward one another, something has gone seriously awry. I have preferred the tend/befriend approach since childhood. Works great, feels even better.

'Scuse the rant.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you....I'm also a Jewel Fan...Love her and wish her and her cowboy husband all the best life has to offer...Awesome Couple!

I'm also a Alanis Morissette and Sinéad O'Connor fan whom I would like to thank for all their creative talent. I have greatly appreciated the musicans of this world now and in the past.... It's just so sad to see people get destroyed by too much pressure and success....and not being able to adapt and overcome this. Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Kurt Cobain....etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Get your squirrel on with Pink-Blow me...(1 last kiss)...LOL!!!

edit on 21-9-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Above The Clouds - Gangstarr Ft. Inspectah Deck

If Hip Hop was as good as it was back then imagine the motivation of positivity that went through our minds listening to this kind of music, compared to now days?......LMAO
Music now is a joke........Pay respects to the old skool...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Great song.

Here's some old Eagles:

edit on 22-9-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
For everyone out there trying to hold the center tonight:

It's not a line: it's a tightrope.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Any DJ Quik production fans out there? Unreleased Quik funk style.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Any DJ Quik production fans out there? Unreleased Quik funk style.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Seff The Gaffla, this homie grew up in the Filmoe hood by me in the 90s, peep this 90s game (no longer distributed).

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Is your avatar crying because of the huge zit on his forehead ?
Hopefully he gets over whatever is bothering him..

Actually since you must know, no he is not crying and nothing bothers him. Why would you even think that?

I only put up that avatar because I was sitting around one day bored out of my mind then I was thinking that maybe I can get all zen like and infiltrate the namaste people cult. So as you can plainly see, I image shifted into another one of my internet forms.

But keep that on the down and low, shhhh! all secrety and stuff ....I am in disguise.

The fallen one.

edit on 22-9-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It's that time of night

edit on 23-9-2012 by nimbinned because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Actually since you must know, no he is not crying and nothing bothers him. Why would you even think that?

It does appear to have some sort of lines coming down from his eyes, but in all honesty I was just having some fun.

No offense intended, and I was hoping you would see it as the joke it was intended as.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Today is not so much a song as it is a meditative state

Got an hour to kill? Put some headphones on and close your eyes.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I do believe that the lines are purely cosmetically and part of the overall motif. But ya your right never noticed it before, but that is one huge zit hes got there on his forehead.

And a happy namaste to you.

edit on 23-9-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm so sick
I feel like a zombie
anything upbeat that will get me moving

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

yeehaw.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Jack Johnson - Better Together