It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military aircraft identification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I live on Anglesey in Wales UK, we have an Airforce base here mainly for training, its common to see lots of jets in formation on a regular basis, but yesterday i saw an unusual aircraft i have searched google images to try and match the profile and the best one i could find was a B-1B Lancer, the jet was quite low travelling fairly slow for a jet around here but was a silvery or white colour, and was considerably longer than a standard jet.

I'm hopeing that someone here may be able to come up with an alternative to what it might of been rather than an American nuclear delivery system!

While i'm at it about a year ago a very large Military transport plane flew right over my house (i swear i could have hit it with a stone) again i searched for that one and the best i could find was a globemaster 3 but this one had square intakes rather than round, the funny thing is the sound of it is quite unmistakable and i do hear it quite often at night once a month or so, and metioning it to a work colleque who lives a few miles away he hears it too.

If they are American planes it makes you wonder what they are up to around here as i know there is a research facility near by but as far as i know they test unmaned guidance systems out at sea and around Snowdonia, just makes me curious.

Thanks for any help identifying them.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A jet as in a large transport or bomber plane or a smaller fighter type?

A better description or some picture would be nice.
eg.

Estimated size
Number of engines
Estimated wing span compared to body

I don't think there's another US B1 Lancer type design....

[edit on 5/8/2008 by Holy Mouse]

[edit on 5/8/2008 by Holy Mouse]

new topics

join