It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian soil maybe to harsh to support life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Martian soil maybe to harsh to support life

www.thewest.com.au

NASA's Phoenix spacecraft has detected the presence of a chemically reactive salt in the Martian soil, a finding that if confirmed could make it less friendly to potential life than once believed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Talk about back peddling good old Never A Straight Answer N.A.S.A. In a poll in the US to ask if they believed that N.A.S.A and the governement were withholding information about UFOS and E.T.S more than half said YES! what does that tell you.

www.thewest.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
well, if we ever have to go to Mars to escape our planet as it dies for various reasons, just were thick boots!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good thing about us here on Earth is that we all, Man, animal and vegetable are ADAPTABLE, we can change to suit out surroundings.
The soil on Mars is probably too harsh to support the organisms we have right here , right now. But we can change as and when needed.
If the soils too harsh then we can take our own and probably have to use biobubbles to live in anyways to begin with, so why not increase the size and have an area put aside for vegetation?.
See? we're adapting already.
Besides I think its just another reason why we shouldn't go and Colonise Mars. Besides the aliens already there wouldn't like us going and taking over it and ruining it for them as we have done with our Homeowrld .

And yes before you start laughing at me, I think there are lifeforms already there, and we have been warned off colonising Mars by the Aliens the US government is in colusion with, So Nasa comes up with first we can grow at least asparagus there then have to backtrack and say "oh no we can't , its's too harsh" after being told to do so by the Gov.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Started a threat about that. here

Mind you, this is not bad news. Its a rocket fuel from where oxygen can be generated.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
We should drop a few thousands hydrogen bombs on mars and see what happens...anyhoo....i call BS...Nasa is a complete joke,they have failed to deliver what kennedy envisioned...nothing more than a public circus...

top topics

join