It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cooking with Q_ball - Turkish Coffee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hi All,

As part of my 1st thread of posting what I know about cooking (mostly my ancestry style which is Turkish) I have posted how to make some thing as simple of Turkish Coffee, for all you lovers of coffee. Please feel free to correct me if you feel I've posted wrong any where. Im not too good with instructions, i was taught in person by relatives when I was younger, so please forgive where seems confusing or error!

Thanks

What you need:
Turkish Coffee Beans (grinded already)
Turkish Coffee cups ('Filcan')
Small pot ('Cevze')

Pour One Cup (depending on amount catering for) of Cold Water into the pot, and then add teaspoon of coffee and sugar if desired.

Slowly Heat, keep an eye out dont let it overflow.

When it boils, pour about 3/4 of the cup with the coffee, then continue boiling and distribute the rest.

I find its best to let it sit for a second before drinking. And if its your first time making it, I suggest let some one who has tried it before have a taste. Also prior to drinking let the grounds settle to the bottom of the cup, and you dont drink that actual thicker grounds) too strong!!

I found this pic which shows what it looks like.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Qball this sounds delish.

I lived in Turkey for two years and miss the strong coffee.

You instructions sounded spot on from what I remember.

next thread Turkish Tea (çay).

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Qball, thanks for the recipe. When we were at a Lebanese restaurant, we asked for Turkish coffee, which the waiter told us is actually known as Arabic coffee. Whether Arabic coffee or Turkish coffee, the taste is the same -- great!

Questions: How many ounces is one serving size, normally? Also, is it true that while the coffee is brewing, the mixture should be stirred frequently? And are there different types of coffee brewing devices?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
Qball, thanks for the recipe. When we were at a Lebanese restaurant, we asked for Turkish coffee, which the waiter told us is actually known as Arabic coffee. Whether Arabic coffee or Turkish coffee, the taste is the same -- great!

Questions: How many ounces is one serving size, normally? Also, is it true that while the coffee is brewing, the mixture should be stirred frequently? And are there different types of coffee brewing devices?

Yes thats right, you must be stirring, as for ounces in serving im not sure, i use about a tea spoon and thats enough for a few people ive found...and yes tonight i will post recipes for turkish tea!

new topics

top topics

join