It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are party balloons ET's secret weapon ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Balloon,balloons,balloons.....Chinese lanterns,big balloons,small baloons...not a day goes by without another excitingUFO report is reduced to balloons.But I suspect something more sinister is going on.There are two possibilties;the government are trying to save money and instead of using Bluebeam they are bulk buying party lanterns and releasing them or the aliens are just too damn lazy to hover around....(you fill in the blank)area and ballooning it instead.What with the fuel crisis this makes sense.Fear and wonder are instilled in the masses without major expense and effort.It's my prediction that soon,those balloon animals that clowns make at kids party's will soon be seen around the globe.I'm so tired wth all the dailly ufo reports that I wish the aliens would just freaking land.Some of them can come and stay at my house and help out with housework and bills.Furthermore ,they can feed the cat(not eat it or experiment on it) while I go to Dorset for a weekend camping break.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is one of the most ridiculous theories i have ever heard.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolism

I believe it is intended as satire.
Maybe a good idea to mark the topic´s title with: [SATIRE]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolism

Of course it's satire you silly moo.I was just being daft.But thanks for upgrading it to a theory.I've never had a theory about anything before and it makes me feel quite brainy.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

That seems very unlikely. I released a load of the Koohm Fay lanterns (or however its spelt!) on my own volition just to cause some UFO sightings here in the UK. Delighted to see that it worked, though I didn't think it would work as well as it did! So many people eager to believe...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by timelike]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
reply to post by candyfloss

That seems very unlikely. I released a load of the Koohm Fay lanterns (or however its spelt!) on my own volition just to cause some UFO sightings here in the UK. Delighted to see that it worked, though I didn't think it would work as well as it did! So many people eager to believe...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by timelike]

You little bugger!I'm sure that's somekind of offence on ATS ,blasphemy.Well,you certainley proved how easy it is to fool people.What surprises me is why people have'nt caught on yet and rule balloons out first when theirs a sighting.Don't get me wrong .I'm not coming on all superior as I've never seen an Chinese lanterns etc so I don't know how convincing they look.I suppose one approach to this would be wait until wedding season is over in the Western hemisphere as the baloonage should reduce.But then there's still parties I suppose...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In all fairness, they do look really odd. They're filled with this orange light from the flame, but because it looks like a really bright star, you can't really tell it's a flame. Also, they're made of paper and they rise to quite a hight so the wind takes them in one direction then another. At that hight, and because they're bright in a dark sky with no way to gauge distance, it looks like they move really quickly in one direction, then stop, hover for a while then shoot off in another direction.

It was a fascinating experiement, and proved just how easy it was to create a strange erratic light in the sky. The human imagination just added the story!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thats just silly. Well sorry but it is.

We don't even know that ET exists.

I'd concentrate on proving that they are real first and then what they do as far as decorations, etc.

new topics

top topics

join