It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shack by William P. Young

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I highly recommend this book to anyone with an open mind towards religion, is religious themselves (preferably Christian because it deals heavily with the Trinity), or just wants a good fiction to read. It'll make you laugh, cry, laugh again, and when you are finished reading I sincerely hope you get the same feeling of peace and satisfaction that I did.

I am starting this thread to discuss with people who have read the book and to simply suggest reading it. I'd like to hear whether you agree or disagree with certain theologies presented throughout the book.

I know a lot of Christians who are set on rules will have an immediate disliking to the notion that a God would care more about love than abiding by a code. However, I found that on a truly deep level, whether you like religion or not, this book gives forth the most positive message you can possibly expect: love and forgive.

Last, I will start by saying that I agreed with the view of God and the Trinity presented by Mr. Young. Although some things said were more for dramatic effect and to draw the reader in, alot was so deep it takes more than one read to grasp the situation.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Nobody has read this book? I know this book must have offended somebody, or maybe even changed someone's life on a certain level? Or does nobody read theological fiction books?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A local radio dj (Mark Davis WBAP) was talking about this book this morning. It sounds like a real page turner. From what I gather it's a great theological work of fiction. If you read it as such it sounds like a great book.

Several of the people who called in to talk about the book were pastors with degrees in theology. Their point of view was that it's not a document of faith for Christians, but the book's ideas and thoughts taken in a broad measure as fiction made it a book worth reading. One said he cried after reading the book.

I'll have to check it out soon.

join