It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain vs John McCain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For the OP, thanks for putting this up.

If any current (or former) McCain advocates wish to pay attention, you who are aware of body language can tell when someone is lying.

THIS vid, near the end, shows it very clearly....a lot of blinking, combined with a stammer. The blinking, a clear sign of lying.

Also, please care to see archival footage of Governor Bush....the presumptive current 'president' of the United States of America. The resemblance is clear to see......

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Does your theory apply to all candidates or just John McCain?

One day, in band camp, When I met some of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders my eyes were blinking wildly and when they said Hi to me I started to stammer until I finally said Hi. Guess I was lying to them when I said hi.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

LOL!!!!! OK......I see your point.....and also, please not, I did not take this off-topic.....but jam321 made me laugh so hard, I had to respond!!

jam321, If Ricky Martin walked up to me, and batted his eyelashes, then I guess I'd get weak in the knees and stammer as well.

But, of course, I'm not running for President.....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Lol, I thought you would see the humor and the possibility that McCain is lying does exist. Afterall, he is a politician. Hope you enjoyed the humor. Have a good one.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Skeleton Closet, John McCain, The Dark Side:

Founding Member of the Keating Five

Back in the old days, defendants in famous trials got numbers -- the Chicago Eight, the Gang of Four, the Dave Clark Five, the Daytona 500. McCain was one of the "Keating Five," congressmen investigated on ethics charges for strenuously helping convicted racketeer Charles Keating after he gave them large campaign contributions and vacation trips.

Charles Keating was convicted of racketeering and fraud in both state and federal court after his Lincoln Savings & Loan collapsed, costing the taxpayers $3.4 billion. His convictions were overturned on technicalities; for example, the federal conviction was overturned because jurors had heard about his state conviction, and his state charges because Judge Lance Ito (yes, that judge) screwed up jury instructions. Neither court cleared him, and he faces new trials in both courts.)

Though he was not convicted of anything, McCain intervened on behalf of Charles Keating after Keating gave McCain at least $112,00 in contributions. In the mid-1980s, McCain made at least 9 trips on Keating's airplanes, and 3 of those were to Keating's luxurious retreat in the Bahamas. McCain's wife and father-in-law also were the largest investors (at $350,000) in a Keating shopping center; the Phoenix New Times called it a "sweetheart deal."

Mafia ties:

In 1995, McCain sent birthday regards, and regrets for not attending, to Joseph "Joe Bananas" Bonano, the head of the New York Bonano crime family, who had retired to Arizona. Another politician to send regrets was Governor Fife Symington, who has since been kicked out of office and convicted of 7 felonies relating to fraud and extortion.

Family Problems

McCain has a reputation as a politician who has difficulty keeping his pants zipped, according to Republican sources. He acknowledges that his adultery broke up his first marriage. His second wife Cindy, the daughter of a wealthy Budweiser beer distributor, was addicted to prescription narcotics and even stole hard drugs from a medical charity that she ran. McCain acknowledges that she didn't want him to run, and only agreed once he promised that she doesn't have to go to New Hampshire or Iowa.

That New Time Religion

John McCain grew up Episcopalian. He went to an Episcopalian high school. For at least 15 years, he has been listed as an Episcopalian in authoritative directories such as the Almanac of American Politics and Congressional Quarterly's Politics in America 2008. He told a reporter from McClatchy News Service in June 2007 that he was an Episcopalian.

Suddenly, in September 2007, he's campaigning in South Carolina, the heavily Baptist state where George W. Bush barely managed to stop McCain's presidential campaign 8 years ago. And guess what? McCain tells a reporter "By the way, I'm not Episcopalian. I'm Baptist."

When pressed, he said he's attended the North Phoenix Baptist Church in Arizona for more than 15 years, though he has never been baptized in that church. Now see, that's exactly the problem. Baptism is kind of a big thing in the Baptist Church. (That's how they got the name.) No baptism, not Baptist.

Anyway, details aside, this is one very clear indication of how McCain has changed. Now, he's just another hungry politician, happy to pander if it helps him win. Which eliminates the very reason people were excited about him in 2000 -- his honesty.

Quotes:

- "The thought of [McCain] being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He is erratic. He is hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me." -- Senator Thad Cochran of Mississippi, who has known McCain for 35 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would love to have a link to the article you posted, goldenfleece

there's some dirt there i never knew about mccain

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

GF, you have brought up a good point....I was living in Arizona at the time of the S$L scandal. Good to see the perspective, especially as it pertains to recent events!!!

Best, WW

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
I would love to have a link to the article you posted, goldenfleece

there's some dirt there i never knew about mccain

Sorry about that -- www.realchange.org...

The article's sources are at the bottom of the page.

What bothers me most about McCain are the ethics lapses (especially Keating) and his hot temper.

But Ron Paul is still by far the best candidate.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ya know I got through the first page of this thread and its utter derailment during that period caused me to lose interest in the latter 3 pages figuring they'd be more of the same sprinkled with a few good thoughts.

What gets me is why anyone responds to a post like this with "well look at your candidate". First off the OP didn't mention his affiliation with any candidate...for all we know he could be a disenfranchised republican or unhappy with both candidates like myself. If you knew the OP and his affiliation from past posts who gives a rip, keep it to yourself unless it fits the context. But I guess here attacks of a personal nature are for more interesting to some than the topic.

To avoid this post being off topic, I will say that I think all candidates are usually their own worst enemy. Especially in this campaign. Obama's been bad for Obama and McCain's been bad for McCain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join