John McCain vs John McCain

page: 1
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The greatest battle a man will ever fight, is the one within himself.

John McCain shows us this, through and through.

But he's 72 years old. How much more fighting can he muster until he gets it right?

Seriously.

Enjoy:




my favorite part

fast forward to 2:20

he totally bombs on the gay marriage.

Hilarious




posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I dont support drilling offshore.

I support drilling offshore

I dont support tapping into oil reserve

I support tapping into oil reserves

I support reparations

I dont support reparations.

- Obama, All within the past 2 weeks

.McCain flip flopping? SURE! Every politician does it, but before you go on a witch hunt look at how much your own candidate has done in 3 years compared to 20+.

EDIT: I also left out that there are many more flip flops. Here are some in addition to the past 2 weeks: www.washingtonpost.com... .

[edit on 8/5/2008 by AndrewTB]



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB


. McCain flip flopping? SURE! Every politician does it, but before you go on a witch hunt look at how much your own candidate has done in 3 years compared to 20+.


Before you continue to derail threads about mccain with your anti-obama rhetoric, maybe you should read This thread



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Originally posted by AndrewTB


. McCain flip flopping? SURE! Every politician does it, but before you go on a witch hunt look at how much your own candidate has done in 3 years compared to 20+.


Before you continue to derail threads about mccain with your anti-obama rhetoric, maybe you should read This thread

I am well aware of the rules. I have been around here more than long enough to be aware. I truly dont feel much deflection is being done, you make a thread you get a response that's ON TOPIC.

I even stated McCain has flip flopped. Ive been here for almost for years and have probably had 1 or 2 posts removed in that time. While it comes close to deflection, I don't believe it is, we shall let the mods decide.


[edit on 8/5/2008 by AndrewTB]



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
A piece of advise. I've noticed a trend with you, and it's youtube and anti-McCain threads at rapid-fire. You can dislike him all you like, I've no issue with that as I'm not his biggest supporter either, but come on dude.

I'd suggest that if you find interesting videos, cool, but do your own research and link to that rather than simply showing off other's work. We value critical thinking and reasoned debate here, so let's get to it.

We don't house that stuff here for a reason, but seriously, think for yourself bud. Please, it's much more interesting.



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I love how consistently McCain supporters use the tactic of making the issue Obama when McCain is the topic of the thread.

McCain can not keep his facts straight. If it is not a complete reversal it is simply confusion.

How one can stridently support the man is dumbfounding!



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
But your ignorance is beside you at this moment.

You see, this thread is about McCains flipflops.

Want to discuss obama's flipflops? Go start another thread.

Your trollish ways are ruining this one.



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
A piece of advise. I've noticed a trend with you, and it's youtube and anti-McCain threads at rapid-fire. You can dislike him all you like, I've no issue with that as I'm not his biggest supporter either, but come on dude.

I'd suggest that if you find interesting videos, cool, but do your own research and link to that rather than simply showing off other's work. We value critical thinking and reasoned debate here, so let's get to it.

We don't house that stuff here for a reason, but seriously, think for yourself bud. Please, it's much more interesting.


LOL

Obviously you havent been around the decision 2008 forum for more than today.

A trend with me?


You've only started commenting on my threads.
Maybe you should check out my threads history before you open your mouth and show everyone how ignorant you really can be.

Care to discuss the topic, and not the person who posted it?
Or........no?


This thread exists for one reason:


Discussion.

I posted my own thoughts - in dozens of other threads. If you want my thoughts - go search them out.

There is another way to create discussion.

Post an article (or video) and discuss it.

Do you care to discuss, or try to derail?

The choice is yours, young padawan. The choice is yours.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It's hard to keep 72 and counting McFlops straight.

www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com...



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin
 


I agree with KrazyJethro. Most of what I see from you are these trash troll threads. It's getting a little ridiculous.

You can't sit and bash McCain when you're candidate is just as moronic. Obama doesn't know where he stands on anything.



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkali
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin
 


I agree with KrazyJethro. Most of what I see from you are these trash troll threads. It's getting a little ridiculous.

You can't sit and bash McCain when you're candidate is just as moronic. Obama doesn't know where he stands on anything.


And most of what i see from you two is off-topic derailing threads.

Nice job.


Care to discuss the topic? Im running out of room on the ol' ignore list.

and what is trash and troll about it?


its talking about things that happened. It'd be different if i was saying McCain was a muslim, or not a citizen, or from a different planet, or satan himself.

But no - im not.

Im talking about his battle with himself.

You're talking about something that is not the original topic.



And since i support Obama - why would i want to create a completely unbiased, totally emotionless thread about the two comparing them on who likes their bread butter-side down?

Get real.

To those who are wondering why people are derailing these threads.

They're scared. Their "boy" isnt doing such a knock-up job afterall - so we gota shoot the messenger.

Knock-up job though - mccainites - knock-up job.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin
 


Sure, lets discuss your troll thread. Why not start at the beginning of the video?

What was the context in which he was talking about the war? Was he talking about the battle itself being easy to begin with? Because if you remember correctly, it was. We blasted our way in and by April 9, 2003, the war was over. It then became an occupation. Could McCain have been talking about the actual battles being easy but the occupation being hard? Judging by the crappy video put together by some leftist moron, we'll never know because it doesn't have context and is, of course, rather biased.



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

To those who are wondering why people are derailing these threads.

They're scared. Their "boy" isnt doing such a knock-up job afterall - so we gota shoot the messenger.

Knock-up job though - mccainites - knock-up job.


Since you brought it up, if you didn't notice your boy has lost nearly 10 points in a week to John McCain. Knock-up job Obamanites, knock-up job.



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alkali
 


Well, could he have been talking about Martian invaders too?

You draw attempt to create black and white conversations. (no pun intended)

They dont exist in this context.



The "war on terror" was never given a prime directive.

When mccain was talking in the first part, he was catering to the anti-war crowd.

When he was talking in the second part - he was catering to the anti-anti-war crowd.

He's a typical politician. But youtube caught him.

If you believe im wrong - perhaps you can do your own "investigations" and prove me so?

Oh, but im against McCain, and McCain is almighty, so...i HAVE to be wrong, right?

nice logic


and if this is a "trollish thread" *ooOoooOooOOoooo*

Why are you posting in it?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

LOL

Obviously you havent been around the decision 2008 forum for more than today.

A trend with me?


You've only started commenting on my threads.
Maybe you should check out my threads history before you open your mouth and show everyone how ignorant you really can be.

Care to discuss the topic, and not the person who posted it?
Or........no?


Lol, says the guy who's been around for less than a fiscal quarter.

Anyway, I was speaking about today, sorry if that wasn't clear. I was only trying to make a suggestion to you, but I guess I could have u2u you sure.



This thread exists for one reason:


Discussion.

I posted my own thoughts - in dozens of other threads. If you want my thoughts - go search them out.

There is another way to create discussion.

Post an article (or video) and discuss it.

Do you care to discuss, or try to derail?

The choice is yours, young padawan. The choice is yours.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]


Well I please don't lump me in with the guy calling "troll". I never said that and don't agree with him.

Also, discuss what you like. I just noticed what I posted about and thought to share my thoughts.

You don't have to get sarcastic, I'm not being so. Be easy man, everything's not all some grand scheme done of malice.

Enjoy,
KJ



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by alkali
 


and if this is a "trollish thread" *ooOoooOooOOoooo*

Why are you posting in it?


I don't have anything better to do at 1:45am. And I get a kick out of crap like this. It's how I get my jollies.


Well, could he have been talking about Martian invaders too?

You draw attempt to create black and white conversations. (no pun intended)

They dont exist in this context.


How on Earth did you draw any type of parallel between Martian invaders and what I said? If I'm not mistaken, we haven't been invaded by Martians. On the other hand, there was an initial blast into Iraq that was a breeze for our forces and there was also an occupation that was/is not so much of a breeze. You're making an assumption that he was pandering to the anti-war crowd in the second part. That assumption is a shot in the dark and has to base besides what you feel is true. Just because you feel that's what he was doing hardly makes your view accurate.



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Listen, I don't ever recall McCain saying he isn't a politician. So I expect him to flip flop on issues. He did it in 2000 too. And mentioning your candidate is not derailing your thread. You posted this to to make your candidate look like he does no wrong. But in reality he is worse because he says he is a change to Washington but in reality he is the same as McCain, a politician.



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by alkali
 


[snip]


You said McCain isn't doing a great job. We generally measure that on polls. Since we measure how well a candidate is doing by polls, you did, in fact, bring up poll ratings by stating McCain isn't doing a good job. [snip]

Mod Edit- quoted post was removed by staff.

Removed insulting remark - please be civil.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by elevatedone]



posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Listen, I don't ever recall McCain saying he isn't a politician. So I expect him to flip flop on issues. He did it in 2000 too. And mentioning your candidate is not derailing your thread. You posted this to to make your candidate look like he does no wrong. But in reality he is worse because he says he is a change to Washington but in reality he is the same as McCain, a politician.


your attempts at psychology are stunning.....and not in a good way.

I posted this about McCain. This is not about Obama.

Care to stick to the subject? Or is it really that hard of a subject for your to fathom?

You dont ever recall mccain saying he isnt a politician?

What about "straight talk express"

Politicians don't have the wrap sheet that they do by experimenting with straight talk. McCain promised a clean election, and now come the smears.

My candidate has nothing to do with this thread.

But obviously you could care less. Pretty simple really:

Stick to the subject. If thats too hard for you to do, go somewhere else.





top topics
 
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join