It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunset Sky is multi colored?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hey guys, I notice usually during sunsets, on certain times, you can make out the red which is at the bottom of the sky, then orange,yellow,green,blue,violet. Like you can make out the difference which color is which. Was it always like this? 5-10 years ago?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
oh yes, I have been marveling at glorious sunsets since I was a little girl. I love them, the pink ones are my favorites

i'm sure it has to do with the atmosphere or something scientific-ish. are you trying to figure out if it has to do with "global warming" or climate change?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
no, not really, I just never notice the sky being able to be red,orange,yellow,green,blue,violet all at one time. It's amazing.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've been able to see the whole spectrum in sunsets in places where pollution is lower (up north in my state). It's been that way as long as I remember.

Another phememon where the whole spectrum is visible is a moon halo especially in winter. Some people just see a white gradient.

I can see color in stars quite clearly but not everyone is able.

Given all that it seems some are a fair bit more color sensitive than others.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I will never forget riding bikes with my dad on the 1972 unopened I90. We saw the sun 10x's bigger than usual.
It was unreal.
Never saw anything like it before or since.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is a nice rundown on the science behind beautiful sunsets.

Being blessed I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico (Fanta-Se) and the sunsets are amazing.

I am house sitting in Maui at the moment and, again being blessed, I get to see the beautiful sunsets here.

Enjoy this!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I can remember sunsets like that since I was a kid, must be because Ilive in Florida. Saw some really amazing ones out in the Keys, or out on the water, away from shore.
If you look up more, sky had a entire paint apllete that it works with.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Awarenessiskey

i have never seen the most gorgeous sunsets then when i was in India. I actually thought as you did why so different lately and all i could muster was that peoples energies in diff countries contribute. the most gorgeous colorful sunsets are seen where people are more relaxed, more etherial, spiritual dont yu think? anyhow, thats my theory

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I dunno why it's believed for the human to have 7 main chakra points, red,orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo,violet. But the Earth has these colors too in their atmosphere. Earth has their own visible aura??

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Awarenessiskey

Yes, I saw sunsets like this in the UK about 40 yrs ago

top topics

join