It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get the message out, TONIGHT!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
Can this thread be closed? After all, the night in question has already passed by (uneventfully, at that).

It was not "uneventful"... we had several sightings, I had telepathic contact restored, there was mass interest, and a solid base was formed for future "events". I would like a moderator to contact me about he proper place to post a thread about scheduling a monthly meeting of like-minds on the Saturday following the new moon of every month.

Thank you all for your posts and interest,
Let's, please, let this thread die now.

~dnb~

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnbaudio
Thank you all for your posts and interest,
Let's, please, let this thread die now.

~dnb~

I'll even chip in and provide the burial shroud.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
reply to post by dnbaudio

I am not arrogant

I am a messenger and leader to mankind.

I see a teensy-weensy contradiction here.

"arrogant" means that I would think "I am better than other people". I don't think that at all. I've just done enough research and had enough experiences to feel justified in "leading" a movement toward the truth. Get over it, and stop taking my quotes out of context.

~d

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All something like this does is propogate wild speculation. Gee, aliens are about and about tonight, keep a look out! Of course folks are going to "see things." Of course, all they are going to see are flashes of light here and there, the occasionaly blinking light flying across the sky, and jump to all sorts of conclusions. However, anyone who has had a telescope and practiced amateur astronomy can tell you, this sort of thing is quite normal and typical. There are a heck of a lot of things in the sky that are not aliens.

So yes, the night absolutely was uneventful, you imo, are full of it, and future nights of this will only continue to muddy the waters of true UFO research.

Did you get any photos? Video? Do you have any proof whatsoever that anything occurred? No? What a surprise.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Was your strange feeling just like all the other strange feelings of the people who posted meaningless threads like this, and then of course the time came and went and nothing happened?

Of course it was.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'll tell you just like I've told other people. You didn't see anything, nothing happened, and now you're saving face.

If anything happened, prove it. Otherwise, close this thread, and please stop flooding this forum with nonsense.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
dnb you are seriously a waste of time, you are not furthering anything at all. You have provided nothing but wasted time.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Here's my story. I was on the couch and my two dogs were sleeping on the loveseat across from the couch. I was barely falling asleep watching Family Guy when i heard steps coming from the kitchen, going to the spare room about 15 feet from the kitchen. At first i thought it was my imagination, then i see both dogs get up and go to the guest room, stand right at the entrance and not go in. I get up, curious and walk inside. I look back at the dogs and they start to whimper and looked scared. So i look around, window's closed, nothing out of place.

I made my way back to the couch when i hear a loud noise upstairs. One of the dogs ran up stairs barking and the other stayed downstairs scared. I run upstairs also and i notice that both of my cats are scared, ears back and tails puffed. As i was running up the stairs, I noticed that one of the picture frames was on the ground, about 5 feet way from it's original spot. It was just freaky. I walked to my room where the dog had gone in, I noticed she was acting very uneasy, she started to whimper as she looked at my window. She looks at me and looks back at the window and starts to growl. By that time I started to get an uneasy feeling, like something was out of place. Grabbed my flashlight and shone it outside and saw nothing. I was about to shut my window when i heard branches in the pine tree next to my window rustle. I stopped for a second and thought it might have been an owl. So i touch the window again and I hear it again, this time louder, as if someone was hanging from the branches. I promptly shut the window, close the blinds and then i hear something hit the window a couple of times, not like a peck from a bird, but thuds, not hard but soft.

I walked back downstairs and then i heard the same thud on the glass door leading to the back yard. I got really spooked and just wrote it off as birds.
I end up going to sleep and then this morning i noticed something odd. Every morning, the pine tree outside my window is a common meeting place for crows and other birds, seeing as how its them that usually wake me up in the mornings, well not a single bird has landed on it all day. I really find it odd and have no reasonable explanation to what happened last night, including the sounds i heard, the picture frame, and the weird animal behavior.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm still waiting.... and no one I wished into the corn field is there yet.

Is this in any way associated with GFL handing out hotdogs and hamburgers in Alabama? Seriously.... I need to know. Because if they're gonna do it 'round here then I won't have to fly to Alabama.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
First time poster, saw this thread and remembered what I saw last night.

I was getting the mail at about probably 11 PM (I had forgot to get it all day) and I looked up at the sky and noticed Mars (atleast I think it's Mars) and saw another bright star close to it, but noticed it was moving. I first thought it to be a satellite but it was brighter than Mars, probably twice as bright. I watched it for a good minute or two and watched it fly behind a spot of high, wispy clouds. Then it faded, really quickly, and eventually disappeared within seconds of it's initial fading. I have no idea what I saw but I had never seen anything like it and I have seen plenty of satellites.

I live 10 miles south of St Paul, Minnesota and was facing south.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Last night something happened to me too! I was sitting inside doing crossword puzzles with my cats, when suddenly I heard alien voices in my head!! Mostly they were just making fun of me like kids used to do in school, but one of them said "We're coming to visit soon." I think the OP is on to something.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I think you had a good idea. I think there's a lot of overly paranoid people out here on ATS thinking that you're the next...this guy...

All you did was just ask us to look up at our own sky. That's all, no harm no foul, some of us reported seeing something some of us didn't. It's not a bad idea to look up once in a while anyway, most people should do it more often. Take a second from your busy schedule and go ahead and look up and wonder and marvel at how many millions of stars there are, what a wonderful planet we live in, and then go back to living your lives. Some of you who think since these being are believed to be telepathic that perhaps they may even hear our calls for a sign on a personal level to corroborate what some of us already have come to accept as a real phenomena, that is the existence of UFOs. Telepathic communication maybe plausible, sure I can't either reject or except this idea and neither can anyone else here on ATS, since we don't know. Some of you reject the idea of Telepathic communication between human and ETs, and this is essentially is an ego problem; here you deny the possibility of this type of communication simply because you/us/humans in general lack it. Not all humans mind you, since it has been shown scientifically that there does exist some form of non-verbal communication between identical twins. If this is the case, then is it that difficult to believe that other beings may have over time evolved this form of communication? If its possible then, put your ego away and not be so critical of others who wish to experiment in this form of communication and would like to give it a shot.

I'd just like to add, what I've come to believe about the possibility of disclosure, I combine this belief with how I regard the individual; some of us like to think that some President will take the reigns and from the oval office will deliver a speech about the existence of UFOs, or some of you guys are hoping that U.N. representatives are pushing for disclosure, or maybe Dr. Steven Greer will give it to us. I think all of these scenarios are highly improbable. Because here, again we rely on the fallacy that life is what you are given, when in reality life is what you make of it. It is this same philosophical belief that has led some of us to think that government will and should provide for us from cradle to grave, that collectively we have a responsibility to spread democracy around the world whether the world wants it or not, or that Obama or Mcain will save you. The fact of the matter is that in life no one is obligated to give you anything, it is up to you to make your own life worthwhile, and pursue what you want. So too, I apply this to the possibility of disclosure, it will not happen until you take responsibility and make it so. One day we may have disclosure but I think it will happen because people took the time to look up and capture evidence to provide for the rest of us.

I think this is the only way to go about accumulating evidence, whether we think we can summon them or not is not the point, the point is to take that camera and spend a couple of seconds or minutes and record something. Given enough people capturing something that maybe unexplainable, will perhaps force the media to take a more serious approach to this phenomena.

So, if something again like this is desired....then perhaps it would be best if we set a date, to give people advanced notification and to prepare whatever they have handy to capture anything in their neck of the woods.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I guess this is the part I get to say "as I expected." NO PHOTOS, NO VIDEOS, NO HARD EVIDENCE. Nothing but bogus claims.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mandrake

had i seen anything, i would have snapped a few pictures. I always have my 1.3 mp cell with me but it doesn't have an integrated light or flash so it'd be nearly impossible to get a good shot of anything in a dark background. As I said, i shone my flashlight and couldn't see anything. And it's not like i was going to go outside while something was hitting my door. I guess it's my fault for not having studio-quality lights outside my house at night to simulate daytime just to snap a picture of god knows what.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
OK, I'm posting seriously now. Totally serious. I have seen strange stuff in the sky before and have had some very strange experiences in the deep forest of California too - I'm referring to what may have been ET encounters - but not contact in any "enlightening" way. No telepathic messages of peace, love and harmony. In all honesty it seemed like whatever was out there was messing around with us. Maybe one day I'll relate one of these events in a post.

In any case I believe there are aliens out there and that they probably fly around our planet and study us the same way we study insects, animals and fish. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these aliens abduct people and eat them. I really don't think that any aliens are in contact in any meaningful way with any one on the planet, I mean really......
Joe or Jane Blow from AnyTown planet Earth in telepathic communication with an advanced civilization that sends them telepathic signals of peace, love, harmony, holding hands and singing Cumbayá? Nah. Take the post for what is: comic relief and have fun with it. Post ridiculout replies and get some points.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

ru mad! we should take up arms and call the military. I have a 1911 .45 under my bed I will shoot anything in the sky or the 3rd kind thing u speak of! Guns make peace. LOL JK no but really whats wrong with u

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

ru mad! we should take up arms and call the military. I have a 1911 .45 under my bed I will shoot anything in the sky or the 3rd kind thing u speak of! Guns make peace. LOL JK no but really whats wrong with u

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His
reply to post by ledhead

Ok, just had to jump in here now. I have NO idea what all of this is about (hoax, insanity, reality...) but I just thought I would mention that my mom's dog has been terrified of going outside for days now. Everytime he thinks she is going to put him out he runs and hides for hours. She lives in central PA.

Also, not to question the powers that be here but I find it a shame the Ohio thread was closed so soon. I've seen other threads, a lot more questionable that linger much longer (anyone remember Serpo) and there were a few other people who claimed to have seen stuff over Ohio, not just the original poster. What about them? They can't post/add to it now either.

I too was following the Ohio UFO thread and am tired of ATS mods muting people and closing active threads. There were several very intriguing stories going on there... and no others were even given time to respond. Now I am inclined to believe all the threads stating that ATS is the opposite of what it says it is. I'll have to start reading those. I'm new here but reading many of these threads is becoming like reading a good book to find that someone has ripped out the last chapter.

And... if anyone were to get pictures of UFOs... ATS is not the place to post them... unless you want to be silenced and your pictures left unseen. Post the link somewhere first and quickly before the mods put you on "global ignore" or close the thread on everyone. They apparently do not allow pictures of UFOs until they see them first... refer to the Ohio UFO thread as proof.

Besides that... few people will ever believe a picture, video or anything until they see a UFO themselves... especially here.

Back to the other subject.... Tonight was the third night in a row I saw the flashing I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread. For anyone interested... it is North North-West of Jupiter... starts around 11:00 pm and ends by 12:30 am Eastern Time... and it is definitely not a twinkling star... it's bright flashes anywhere from 6 to 30 seconds apart when it first starts and flashes slower after about half an hour. Anyone know what this is?

I'm watching from north Florida by the way. Will watch for it tomorrow night, weather permitting.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

"...like reading a good book to find that someone has ripped out the last chapter."

That explains exactly how I see the UFO scene. I fear that chapter will never come unless we write it ourselves and become extraterrestrial by our own means.
C'mon people. Some benevolent race of highly advanced beings is not going to come to us now and make us into what we should be...that is our job. Wanting, wishing and hoping is not going to manifest this into reality.

Considering how far we as a race on this planet have to go in terms of just everything, it would be like polluting the universe and would be terribly irresponsible to hook humans up with warp drives n cool, yet potentially devesdtating capabilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join