It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura County plot reaches 800 degrees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Ventura County plot reaches 800 degrees

www.latimes.com

A patch of land in Ventura County's Los Padres Forest where the ground heated up to 812 degrees Friday continues to puzzle firefighters and geologists after a month and a half of monitoring.

"It's a thermal anomaly," said Ron Oatman, spokesman for the Ventura County Fire Department.

Firefighters first responded to the hot spot a month and a half ago, Oatman said. There were no visible flames, but they created a containment line about 2 feet wide and monitored the two-acre plot. Because the smoke was not going away, the containment line was widened to about 30 feet Friday, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The first thing that occurred to me when I read this headline was volcanic activity. With the recent earthquake and now this strange geologic anomaly, could this be a sign of bad things to come for CA?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
existing thread here

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hmm, I searched for this subject but didn't see it. Mods feel free to close this tread.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Actually looking at the other post, it must have been created while I was actually typing my own thoughts and deciding on a title. Copy and paste is a lot faster you know.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by yadboy]

top topics

join