It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O-Force One - Obama's chair on campaign plane marked 'president'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The front cabin of the Boeing 757 was retrofitted to install four individual chairs that resemble La-Z-Boys. They are free-standing and made of plush leather with pockets on the sides. There is also a booth which seats four for a meeting or a meal.

His chair has his name and campaign logo embroidered on the back top -- “Obama ‘08” on one line and “President” underneath. To one side is a small table stacked with newspapers ready for the candidate’s arrival. The table of the booth is always covered in snacks and cheese and is where Obama spends most of his time during flights meeting with staff and sitting for the occasional interview.

Yet another sign of Obama's appalling arrogance. See pictures in source article below:

Source

[edit on 4-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am not a supporter of either of the candidates. However, I don't see this as arrogance. It appears more like positive thinking. We know that he is a candidate, but he may feel that projecting himself as the president rather than a candiate gives him a psychological boost. We'll see how it works.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It looks to me like the Obama '08 "President" on the seat is an indication that it is for the 08 Presidential campaign. I don't see that Obama is trying to indicate he is "President" but rather that this is part of his slogan for the campaign. Surely there are more valid issues to be concerned about than the embroidered slogan on his chair--such as his flipflopping on drilling within the past few days.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's not arrogance, it's a goal.

My sister pasted a picture of thin, healthy women on her refrigerator to help her lose weight. A class I went to suggests speaking as if you've already reached your goals in life. It's just The Power of Positive Thinking incorporating affirmation and visualization.

Talk to your pastor about your obsession with every detail that is Obama.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Whether its positive thinking or wishful thinking, I don't think this matters that much. Perhaps you can say that its another example of arrogance by an Obama campaign that has been loaded with it, but I don't really consider this in particular to be a big deal.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
As an Obama supporter I love this.

On to the Whitehouse!!!

Go O-Force!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'd say the chair was marked that way as an inside joke by his staffers.

'Course, now that the Obama Presidential Victory Tour in Europe is over, he's still facing that pesky little thing called an election.

Then the coronation and it's onward from there....

top topics

join