It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tire-Gauge Solution: No Joke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

He's always supported drilling off shore and in Alaska, on the lands the oil companies are currently leasing for BILLIONS of dollars but refuse to drill on. Look it up at my siggy link where the GOP BLOCKS OIL DRILLING!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
I get 40puls to the gallon. When my g/f drives my car she gets between 25-27. So it also helps to drive slower.

When you are coming towards a stop sign take your foot off the gas. No point in racing to it just to slam on the brakes. This will help with fuel, brakes, and the overall quality of the engine.

On the highway? Follow a semi. I don't mean tailgate that is dangerous. But even at 100ft you are getting a benefit from the draft. Also cruise control is an amazing little device.

Take any junk out. Anything that weighs your car down should be removed. Yes its just a plastic cup, piece of paper, but 50 cups and 100 pieces of paper adds up. Also LOSE WEIGHT! If you lose ten pounds you look and feel better and save gas.

Roll your windows down when going under 50. Also, watch your odometer. My best speed is between 40-45mph. Yours will be different depending on the amount of gears and so forth. But the trick is highest gear lowest rpm. Again for my little fourbanger its between 40-45.

Plan your trips to turn right. Why? How many seconds do you sit at the left turn signal? Or waiting for traffic to move through so you can turn left? UPS has saved 3 MILLION gallons by making plans to turn right only or as often as possible.

As for his advice, it's true.

Off shore drilling will produce 200,000 barrels of oil a day starting in about 15-20 years.

Proper tire and tune ups will save about 800,000 barrels a day, starting today. If everyone did it of course.

I completely agree. I drive a '90 G-20 Chevy van with 350 V-8, and by using techniques like the ones described is a long time habit of mine. I also use a mileage gauge, right where I can always see it, and keep the engine in perfect tune. I run a digital ignition system and a 50,000 Volt coil. I have modified the air-induction system. I run 40 pounds of air in my 6 plys, very hard rubber, and keep the van as empty as possible. I can easily get 35 mpg most every day, rainy days are best. Some days I can get much better. I tell everyone that will listen how to save fuel, but sadly, most ridicule and refuse to listen.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My problem is that Obama acts like we already don't know and don't practice this information. Not all of the country are dimwits, but they like to act like we are.

Historically, the Democrats give little credit to the people, as they think only they can lead them and show them the light, for they are the savior... . Sorry, but I don't subscribe to this.

All Obama is peddling with tire pressure, is old used up information pertaining to MPG. I have known this info ever since I started driving.

How about some NEW ideas to fix this oil problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
To those who doubt Obama...

www.marketwatch.com...

www.nascar.com...

findarticles.com...

news.aol.com...

NASCAR and even McBush support Obama's plan.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So, you think the people that support Obama are important?

Can I point out that Hezbollah and Ferricon (sp?) both support Obama.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You guys aren't even going to believe how stupid I think this is. Check this out, it's election year and during the past few months some of have been paying over $4 a gallon for gas. So now that American family's are having trouble with bill's this becomes a problem that the next presidential candidate has to solve. Guess what? There is enough gas in this world for us right now we just should have been working on this problem years ago. Is it to much to think about moving outta the way of a frickin bring before it hits you in the face?

So here we are working on the economy which the President has little control over and gas which should have been done a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Uh, when they know what they're talking about YES! NASCAR, Energy Department, they know what they're talking about and so does Obama!

800,000 Barrels a day starting today!=Obama's plan
200,000 Barrels a day starting 20 years from now=McBush's plan

BTW, 20 years from now I doubt oil will be the majority fuel provider being replaced by Hydrogen, Solar, and Electric.

Also, KKK and Nazis support McBush, so what's your point? Does it mean McBush supports KKK and Nazis? No. It just means he represents their views the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join