It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Confiscation in Your State next???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Gun Confiscation in Your State next???

www.rep-am.com

Using a unique state law, police in Connecticut have disarmed dozens of gun owners based on suspicions that they might harm themselves or others.

The state's gun seizure law is considered the first and only law in the country that allows the confiscation of a gun before the owner commits an act of violence. Police and state prosecutors can obtain seizure warrants based on concerns about someone's intentions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Watch out folks. The Idiots in my state have passed this and you may be next. We here fought it when it was proposed but as usual here we where ignored.

www.rep-am.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
An Organization is being formed to try to take this to court to have it overturned on the grounds that there is NO legal reason because of No probable cause!!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither and lose both..

Tomas Jefferson.

This is all I have to say about this.. cause there is really nothing to say... You people wanna think its cool.. Then we get what we damn well deserve..

I see you in the camps before they gas our asses.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't think Colorado will do anything like this, but with our continuing record of electing liberal politicians, I definitely won't rule it out entirely.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So, in the heat of an argument you say I'll kill you or shoot you or anything that could be interpreted as violence, they can get your firearms?

How many times has anyone on here said to someone as a joke. I'll killya. If someone over hear it your firearms are gone?

Sucks to be in that state.

There is a legislative cure for this type of politics, it's a short rope and a tall tree.

Roper

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That is scary! Well not for those of us in Georgia of course, but for you!

Surely this will go to the Supreme Court won't it? Confiscating legally owned property without real cause? It sounds highly illegal.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

The person or person that tries to take away anyones guns here in Idaho will be destroyed, you can take that to the bank. That will never happen in a state where the governor says he will be the first to shoot a wolf when they come off the endangered species list. No cop or government official will live long enough to try to take the guns away from the people here in Idaho. I pity the fool who comes to my house and tries to take away my 2nd amendment right.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Thats what we are hoping for with the adjudicating of the DC ban. We are hoping the some of the justices in the Conn. Supreme Court will see what this law is and not have to got to SCOTUS. We are, however trying to get prepared to do just that if need be!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey Z, I wish you the best of luck, I cant see a law like that passing. Its obviously a B.S. law and in violation of the constitution. But the constitution doesnt seem to be worth a sh*t these days, so again good luck.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, I sure hope they don't try that in KY. No real reason to do a state wide ban, maybe Louisville for the gang elements but not out in the sticks. In KY, if you don't have a gun, we'll issue you one. When someone here tells you he or she will shoot you if you don't stop whatever it is you're doing to them, do yourself a favor and believe it.

Second, no one in KY holds a pistol sideways. We use sights and we shoot once and hit once, no jacking around, no dancing around boasting, no trash talking. Aim, hold breath and squeeze, go home, clean gun, repeat.

Recently, KY passed a law that says a criminal need not be in the home of the victim. If someone is on your property threatening your life or well being, they're fair game. The whole idea behind that is to leave hard working people alone and mind your own damned business.

new topics

top topics

join