It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Large Hadron Collider… The new Atlantis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Large Hadron Collider… The new Atlantis?

Well i wasn't sure where to put this thread so thought i'd stick with the old fave... Please move if in wrong place.

www.uslhc.us...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.lhcountdown.com...

Well, most of us know about the LHC - if you don't, check the links...

I was looking at the below image and instantly a vision of Atlantis ran through my mind

(click to view full image)

Am i the only one who thinks that the design and layout of the LHC is eerily similar to how Plato described Atlantis?

Does anyone think there could be some kind of link?

Here's some free thinking on the topic...

I mean what if what Plato was describing was merely a more elaborate version of LHC, with more rings, and it was called Atlantis?

What if it existed in a past civilization and that Plato had been mistaken in thinking it was a city. Very possible that he could be describing city-sized technology, as we see here, instead of an actual city.

Atlantis destroyed itself – the LHC COULD, in theory, destroy the earth – IN THEORY only.

One of the components of the LHC is called ATLAS. Another is called ALICE.

Interesting names no doubt….

What does all this mean?? Well it fires up on 08-08-08 (another coincidence huh) – we will find out

Thoughts anyone?

[edit on 4-8-2008 by srsen]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So i'm really keen to hear whether I am the only person seeing this connection.

Isn't it possible that Plato was describing technology?

It could also be argued that his descriptions were also describing 'Looking Glass Technology' aka 'Project Aquarius' / 'Project Looking Glass'

Lets get some discussion happening here

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If you ignore all the facts, like atlantis is described as an island surrounded by water, and the LHC has ocean on one side.
Atlantis had a mountain and LHC is on flat land. Atlantis is multiple rings and symmetric and LHC is two and eccentric to one another.
Atlantis sank long ago, and LHC hasen't sunk yet.

Yes aside from everything I can see in the two pictures, the two are exactly alike.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No, I don't think he is saying this "is" Atlantis. He is saying it may be technology, like of that of Atlantis. Making this, perhaps a "new" Atlantis. Not the original Atlantis.

Troy

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Bingo - this is exactly what i am saying.

I have Timeaus and Critias at home and know that what is written in there is certainly NOT describing the LHC at CERN, but it is very similar.

Perhaps THIS was the technology that destroyed Atlantis... Just a different version.

It's speculative and merely a discussion, can't prove or disporve anything, but i think it could be important.

I mean who is to say that Plato was not speaking metophorically of a similar device?
Perhaps the 'race track' he described is a metaphor for the particles firing around the the huge ring?

So really, just utting this out there and gauging people's thoughts.

It IS quite a coincidence that:

- Atlantean technology supposedly destroyed its culture
- 'Atlantis' was described similarly to how the LHC looks
- LHC is the only such device (non-weaponary) which could conceivabley 'destory' us
- They use the name 'ATLAS" as part of its design. Many cultures called Atlantis 'Atlas'

So yeah, just to clarify - i AM NOT saying that the location of the LHC is ACTUALLY where Atlantis was....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Certainly thought provoking to think that technology like this might have existed this long ago. We may some day be surprised at what our history really is.

I wonder if this technology could be used for?

Troy

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
just because both are circular in design, it does not imply any sort of connection or link, whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't get this at all,I'm sorry,but no. This is not Atlantis,this is the large hadron Collider. A particle smasher,is quite different to a utopian society.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Acidtastic,

Re-read everything i have already posted and you will understand what i am suggesting....

History repeating?

A warning?

A coincidence?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by srsen]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Come September, I will be sipping cranberry juice on my porch, giggling as I recall the silliness that the LHC inspired. And you will have forgotten this and found something else to have hysterics about. Just like every other time fear-mongering kooks have led you astray. And I'll be doing the same in January of 2012, inventing silly limericks about b'ak'tuns.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Who's in hysterics? Would love for you to fill me in there

Linking two interesting concepts if hardly hysterics

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Atlantis was just a story. Plato was misguided and sought to raise his status as an intellectual by using Atlantis to share a truth only he knew since he invented it. HLC however is a real structure with an actual purpose.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You know what - maybe your right, maybe your not - but how can you state something with so much confidence?

We cannot prove this statement either way.

However i will maintain, until proven otherwise, that the likliehood of advanced civilizations existing on earth prior to our current existance is highly probable.

I base this on much more than Plato - just for the record.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I just have that 'feeling' that history is going to repeat itself. Many souls reincarnated from Atlantis are now meeting and linking up in this life. May seem farfetched but this civilisation with all it's so called advancements are far inferior to ancient civilisations that inhabited Mother Earth many thousands of years ago.

Even though they were anvanced they were not content with their lifestyle and researched into subjects that they were not ready for. Some things need to be just accepted until the human mind is evolved enough to understand.

Mother Earth is aware f the cancerous growth inside her belly and She will retaliate. After all this civilsation has polluted her waters, burned down her forests, made the people sick and hungry and poisoned the air but feel in their ignorance that they are ready to find out how she was created.

We are but babes in her womb.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I like the way you think ... and I agree (I starred an flagged you)

Woody

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Acidtastic,

Re-read everything i have already posted and you will understand what i am suggesting....

History repeating?

A warning?

A coincidence?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by srsen]

1. No, it's history in the making, time to move forward and be rid of the past already

2. Yes, to the many that seem to think what's unknown will always destroy them, so they compare it to the false of history, or in this case, the myth of Atlantis.

3. Yes, because I drew a circle today and I feel it resembles Atlantis.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This theory is a lot more interesting than the LHC=666 one; the main problem I have with it is that with the story of atlantis, the disaster ended atlantis. If any of the crazy LHC predictions come true, it will destroy the earth completely.

There's no real middle ground here between "shut down due to loss of beam containment and resultant fire" and "shut down due to destruction of the earth"

top topics

join