It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
See 'em round my home all the time.

Sep the ones here come in coulplets, and follow each other at a great distance perfectly.

I think it's only light reflecting off of a plane, 'cause I watch them and the reflection fades and I see flashing blue and red lights.

I think they're low altitude planes, so they seem to move faster 'cause they're not so high up.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

I saw something like that at dusk a few years back. There was no noise, and there wasn't an outline of a plane. It was a bluish color and it went north to south. I think it could be a drone of some sort.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i saw a similar light two nights last week. the first night it was travelling in a southeasterly direction no blinking lights, just a white light very high in the sky. the second night it was much brighter much lower, same direction, but this time as i was watching, it turned toward the east and just vanished from sight, so i know that there were no other lights on it except for the bright white forward facing one. i thought it was probably military as there is a radar base in the town nearest to my house and they are constantly doing daytime flights testing different things.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
On a couple of occasions I have seen a star moving across the sky. It usually follows the same path, roughly from the southeast towards the northwest, seen at dusk when the first stars are showing.

Once I hurried my roommate outside and after quick pointing, she saw it too. It moves steadily and does not blink so I think it must be a satellite.

Oh yeah, and it moves 17.3% faster than a standard commerical MD-80 at cruising speed.

-Arlington, Texas

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ok guys weird sunday night 8-3-08 i saw a bright light moving north to south bright as a star and then i witnessed it change from white to orange and the object shrank in size slowed down and went from south to northeast i dont know wtf it was there were other planes in the sky blinking and about five minutes before it turned around i saw what seemed to be a military jet fly by also i saw a shooting star going w-e so i know it wasnt that i was so amped.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just saw on afternoon news. A vid of white ufo on daylight. Apparently their need for cover and secrecy is no more.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i saw something very similar to this the night before last. it looked like a star moving across the sky except it was moving really slow then as i was watching it, it disappeared. also no blinking lights and im not very good at judging distance, but most planes fly between 28000 and 35000 feet right? and it seemed slightly higher than that. as with op, im not assuming anything, just found it curious.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

Haven't read any of the other posts, save the first five or six, but one thing jumped out at me.

You say you watched a solid light move rather fast across the sky.

I watched similar things when I was on a farm a few years ago, and noticed that they all had regular paterns to them, arching across the sky.

I recently saw a very bright light streak across the sky at a somewhat greater velocity than a normal aircraft would.

After speaking with a couple of friends, it turns out that on occasion some of the large satellites in orbit are at such an angle that they reflect virtually all light hitting them. This makes them rather bright. As they travel at such huge velocities, they seem to cross the sky in minutes.

Also, because of the distortion of the atmosphere, distance and the shape of the object it makes it impossible to work out what you are looking at, or how far it might be away from you.

I do not want to sound like a debunker, and want you to know that I firmly believe in alien life, including that which visits our planet now. I also wanted to share my tupence worth regarding your 'light' in the sky.

I've only ever seen one UFO, and that was years ago. I really wish I could see one again, up close if possible, but sadly it seems that it is for others to see them, and not me...

Anyway, now that I have shared my theory, someone else may wish to speak.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I LIVE IN SW WA. SAT AUG 2 I SAW THE EXACT THING. I HAD STEPPED OUT TO HAVE A SMOKE, NOTICED VENUS, AND THEN WHATEVER IT WAS, FLYING APPROX WEST TO EAST. IT WAS AT JUST AS BRIGHT AS VENUS TOO. I RAN INSIDE AND GRABBED MY BINOCS AND BARELY GOT A LOOK AT IT WITH THEM. ALL I SAW WAS JUST A CLOSER IMAGE OF WHAT I SAW WITHOUT THE BINOCULARS-A VERY BRIGHT LIGHT MOVEING WEST /EAST. SINCE IT WAS TOWARDS SUNSET, I CONCLUDED THAT IT MUST HAVE BEEN A SATTELITE WITH THE SUN REFLECTING OFF OF IT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join