It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Bible a true story? or just a means of controlling the masses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I guess if you look at the Bible from a non Christian or religious standpoint. It seems that its creation may well have been to control the masses through fear based concepts such as "hell" being the alternative to accepting Jesus. Anyone?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The bible is bubcuss. The bible is a selection of smaller books that were put together after picking and choosing which ones they wanted the population to read/believe.

If someone were allowed to select the books you read, they could determine what would be filtered to you; i.e., what your beliefs would be.

It was designed and selected to control people, and it's still doing its job today.

Investigate the lost books and see what you can find!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Concerning the bible, while it has a truth basis in history (and quite a weak one at that - more of a traditional history) the first thing you have to remember is that the bible contains two different views. The OT which is the basis of the Jewish religion and the NT which is the christian viewpoint.

These viewpoints are entirely incompatible. i.e god is an evil bitch in the OT while loves everyone in the NT (but if you look closely still quite an evil sod)

Plus the fact that these stories are just collated to give the viewpoint of the orthodoxy of the time.

So yes the truth with an admixture of B$ for effect

G

join