It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephilim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
What would happen to this theory if there is no antichrist? What if the end of the world, as it has been foretold to us, was just a story?

I'm with you, DontTreadOnMe, and so was Thomas Jefferson. He called the Revelations the "ravings of a maniac."

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I always thought that the word giant in reference to the nephilim was not a description of there size but that it meant they were great men of power not that they were 10 feet tall though i may be wrong.

Also people talking about angels/aliens looking like humans i cant think of another part of the bible that they were not perceived as angels.In the story of lott two angels came to visit lott and the town people wanted to have there way with these strangers no one thought they were angels infact even lott had to be told by them who they were. So these angels/aliens might not look like humans in there true form but they must have the ablity to disguise themselves as humans atleast.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Giant human skeleton found in Saudi Arabia
By Saalim Alvi from Riyadh
Apr 22, 2004, 12:04

nation.ittefaq.com...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
angels look like humans. their sons are the giants.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The "giant human skeleton" shown is a hoax.

We've been over that one before, and it's an easily identifiable fraud.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by XenographerI'm curious, was the physical size of angels ever contrasted against man's in the Bible?

If you believe that Goliath of Gath was a Nephilim, his height was "six cubits and a span." (1 Samuel 17:4) That would be at least 18 in. (i.e. about a cubit) x 6 + 9 in. (i.e. about a span) = 9 feet and 9 inches tall

FWI here are two interesting links on the Nephilim: www.returnofthenephilim.com... and
www.bibleanswers.us...

Great topic! I'm looking forward to hearing more

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Leonidas2]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas2

Originally posted by Xenographer
FWI here are two interesting links on the Nephilim: www.returnofthenephilim.com... and
www.bibleanswers.us...

Great topic! I'm looking forward to hearing more

great responses everyone, the info is rolling in. i'll post some more info later need sleep...
(btw, i'm retardedgenius
)

ME

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Many parts of the Bible speak of angels looking like man.

Durring the story of Lot the angels took shelter, ate and slept and had their feet washed.

When they discovered Jesus missing from the tomb, one book says an angel another says a man was standing in the tomb.

You may entertain an angel unaware. Why? Cause they look like us.

The truth of all this is the govs and religions of the world do not want us to know this. Why? Hmmmm, the govs are the beast and religion are of man. Jesus himself says follow him, not the catholic church not the republican party. I wonder why? Cause the are full of #............

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
To solve the size problem, realize there are different classes of angels. Nephilim are giants, but angels who are indistinguishable from humans do show up in several places too.
Now lets realize that religious histories are not necessarily infallible. If you don't believe me just raise the issue and I'll prove a problem with genesis 5 as an example. Anyway, you can get a more accurate picture by taking the general concensus of the stories the whole world has rather than sticking to your religion's tradition only.

Not all traditions say that the flood was designed as a punishment, not all of them say that a giant race was wiped out. It is not necessarily true that the giants were wiped out by the flood. Afterall, although they are not called Nephalim, the Hebrew conquest of the promised land did involve campaigns against giant races. (not just the one phillistine- there were whole races living in the hill country if you read it.) It's possible the ephilim survived the flood, or that there genes survived un-noticed in the surviving family. Recessive genes can make a trait in the families past come back at rare intervals (like a 6th toe or monsterous growth). Sometimes you'll see a family of cross country runners with 1 kid built like an NFL defensive lineman (my family). So it's totally possible that giants succesfully integrated with the rest of humanity and their traits are now a rare part of the human genome (or perhaps very common, but mostly dormant).

Everyone believes in them though. They've been called Haephaistos, Quetzcoatl, Lucifer, Enoch, Enki, Thoth, Hermes, and who knows what else. Our ancestors agree on a lot of things, and instead of saying "hey, they were alive when it happened, lets trust them" we say "they're 8000 years old so they must be senile". But yeah, of course there were beings from elsewhere which played an important part in our development. Maybe not even superior ones, but certainly different ones which we interacted with. Maybe the exiled sons of God (its a common theme in their myth) were a slave class to aliens... people not to far from our level who had been taken from elsewhere. Possibilities are endless.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Even though the participants of this thread come from different beliefs and backgrouds, I believe that everyone who posts should try to use dialog that doesn't state their religious beliefs as fact, but merely as the opinion adopted by a participant within that specific religion. It's difficult to get a foothold on the conversation when the various postees are asserting their truths when opposing views exist.

Don't get me wrong, I am a strong advocate of involving as many different ideas and viewpoints as possible in order to pool together the most productive resources and ideas, however, no matter how sure one is of their religious view being correct, I think that it would make it the thread a little easier to read and would give the thread a good base from which to build.

But that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think phonetics would be the only real accurate way of unlocking alot of the 'great mysteries". Written history is often subverted, truths cleverly concealed or hidden in oral traditions, and no source of history is omcpletely reliable given man kind's affinity for secrecy and power. Like the word hell for example, take it back to it's original hebrew, it translates to earth. Language is dynamic, which is unfortunate really, but in almost any word there is always retained some reference to the original meaning or grammatical constiuents, i.e. root words. Also key to unlocking history is commonalities in both mythology and language. That said, the earliest known references to a 'nephilim' is the sumerian accounts of the anukai, and it is from their accounts that we can see the commonalities to just about any of the other world religons. From the creation to the "genetic" manipulation of our species, to the promised return of these beings, all these would tend to legitimize the exsistance of a race of beings that interracted with mankind. One commonality I find intriguing is the double helix structure of the DNA molecule and the double helix serpents found not only in sumerian mythology and egyptian hieroglyphs, but in the modern medical symbolism. There is also a few examples in sumerian artifacts that show the gods putting a double helix form into a pot and a man emerging from it. Don't let the cardiff giants in this world distract you from the real story here, yes there are numerous hoaxes, more so in recent times, but the fact remains that something very interesting happened to us six or so thousand years ago, and the truth has been lost and or hidden from us since.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I actually may have learned something- with regards to the root of the word hell meaning earth- thanks a lot.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by retardedgenius

It is already well enough known yet not quite well understood that mankind scientifically is known to have had something special happen about 125000 years ago. In fact this is when the story of the devlopment or enginearing of humankind dates back to. Not only that, but Adam and Eve too were an injection of superhuman properties. However the amounts of each supernatural personality to exist within our bloodlines is much less then it should be. However we still have within each of our dna a touch of magic.

The physical members of the Prince's staff had been constituted sex creatures for the purpose of participating in the plan of procreating offspring embodying the combined qualities of their special order united with those of the selected stock of the Andon tribes, and all of this was in anticipation of the subsequent appearance of Adam. The Life Carriers had planned a new type of mortal embracing the union of the conjoint offspring of the Prince's staff with the first-generation offspring of Adam and Eve. They had thus projected a plan envisioning a new order of planetary creatures whom they hoped would become the teacher-rulers of human society. Such beings were designed for social sovereignty, not civil sovereignty. But since this project almost completely miscarried, we shall never know what an aristocracy of benign leadership and matchless culture Urantia was thus deprived of. For when the corporeal staff later reproduced, it was subsequent to the rebellion and after they had been deprived of their connection with the life currents of the system.

Mankind is Starseeded?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Biblical scholars have debated the definition of Nephilim for quite a while

One view of it is seeing it as Giants. As worded in the NIV, "giants roamed the earth in those days". And some theroize it as, like said before, human/angel or human/demon hybrids. For years now, my therory on this is that the bible was speaking of human/demon hybrids and what I think we know as "Aliens".

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
You might be interested in the video in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The Ancient Indian texts speak of a war in space with an enemy called THE DAITYA, a race of GIANTS ... they were the children of gods called DITI AND KASHYAPA. The DAITYA became very jealous of THE DEVA, who were their "half brothers" so waged war with the other gods over them. Maybe the half brothers were the Adamite type of being created by the high gods.
I don't have the source to hand but you can google the names for verification, Wikipidia has some info on this.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
One of the Dead Sea Scrolls is a very fragmented copy of "The Book of the Giants". The gist of what is readable is that their are giants on the earth who are the offspring of fallen angels. They have a series of dreams that allude to their coming destruction (flood) and ask Enoch to translate their dreams which he does and interestingly enough he tells them to repent... which kind of implies they had free will and could possibly have been saved.

Nice write-up:
The Book of Giants

top topics

<< 1   >>

join