It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I'm with Oprah on this one.

Anyone want to explain exactly why we need religion?
It is a control by fear system.

Suckers have bought into it and created a huge powerful, wealtlhy multinational corporation. It claims to be "god'" trustee for all the land in the world. That is why you can never own the land you live on. You can never have free and clear allodial title. You have a "fee" title, which means that you pay "rent" forever. The Pope has given the administrative duties over this land to Queen Eliz.II.

The Vatican rules the world.
The "faithful" unwittingly support this tyranny. It is time that they were awakened to the truth.
Know the truth and it will make you free. But first it will make you very angry.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Source

[edit] More self-proclaimed Maitreyas
The following people listed are just a small portion of the several people who claimed themselves to be Maitreya. Many have either used the Maitreya incarnation claim to form a new Buddhist sect or have used the name of Maitreya to form a new religious movement or cult.

Gung Ye, a Korean warlord and king of short-lived state of Taebong during the 10th century, claimed himself as living incarnation of Maitreya and ordered his subjects to worship him. His claim was widely rejected by most Buddhist monks and later he was dethroned and killed by his own servants.
In 613 the monk Xiang Haiming claimed himself Maitreya and adopted imperial title.[10]
In 690 Empress Wu inaugurated the Second Zhou dynasty, proclaimed herself an incarnation of the future Buddha Maitreya, and made Luoyang the "holy capital." In 693 she replaced the compulsory Dao De Jing in the curriculum temporarily with her own Rules for Officials. [11]
Lu Zhong Yi, the 17th patriarch of I-Kuan Tao, claimed to be an incarnation of Maitreya.
L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Dianetics and Scientology, suggested he was "Metteya" (Maitreya) in the 1955 poem Hymn of Asia. His editors indicated, in the book's preface, specific physical characteristics said to be outlined -- in unnamed Sanskrit sources -- as properties of the coming Maitreya; properties which Hubbard's appearance supposedly aligned with. Years later in the OT VIII material Hubbard explicitly claims to be the Maitreya, as well as the Anti-Christ.[12]
Raël's Maitreya claims[1] center on the content of the Agama Sutra (Japanese: Agon Sutra)[13], supposedly a very ancient text written by Buddha himself, but which has been deemphasized or forgotten by the majority of Buddhist cultures.[14] Raël has claimed directly to people attending Asia Raëlian Church seminars, that someone born in France, a country which is often symbolized by the cock (or rooster), west of the Orient, meets the criteria of the Maitreya. Rael himself claims to be this individual.[15]

List of people claiming to be Jesus

[edit] Religious leaders
Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda — Organizer of the Growing in Grace who claims that the resurrected Christ "integrated himself within me.".
Luc Jouret — Leader of the Order of the Solar Temple and was believed to be the third reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
Maitreya — The expected world teacher who is promoted by the British author Benjamin Creme.
Sun Myung Moon — Founder of the Unification Church considers himself the second coming of Christ, but not Jesus himself.
Jung Myung Seok — Founder of Providence Church, international fugitive wanted for rape among other crimes.
Ariffin Mohamed — Also known as Ayah Pin, is the founder of banned Sky Kingdom in Malaysia. He claims to be the incarnation of Jesus Christ, as well as Muhammad, Shiva, and Buddha.[1]
Ayya Vaikundar; According to Akilattirattu Ammanai, the scripture of Ayyavazhi Narayana, who was one among the trinity in Vaikundar was the one who incarnated as Jesus.
Inri Cristo, Brazilian religious leader.
Matayoshi Jesus; In 1997 he established the World Economic Community Party based on his conviction that he is the God and Christ. [4]
Hogen Fukunaga; He claimed to realize he was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and the Buddha [5].
Apollo C. Quiboloy; A Cebuano pastor who claims to be the Christ. He has also marked Pastor Eli Soriano as being condemned to hell.
Bahá'u'lláh founder of the Baha'i Faith.
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad founder of the Ahmadiyya faith.
Arnold Potter, schismatic Latter Day Saint leader; called himself "Potter Christ"
Charles Manson — Founder of "The Family".

[edit] Others
Anatoly Timofeevich Fomenko — A supporter of the New Chronology, claims that Jesus Christ is the same person as the prophet Elisha, Saint Basil of Caesarea, and Pope Gregory VII.
Vince Taylor — Musician.
Mehmet Ali Ağca a Turkish assassin who shot and wounded Pope John Paul II[2]
Tom Graeff — filmmaker who claimed to be Jesus Christ II in the early 1960s
David Icke — Claimed he was the Son of God on UK chatshow 'Wogan' in 1991. He later denied his claim, saying that the media had misinterpreted his remarks.
Hong Xiuquan — self-proclaimed brother of Jesus Christ.
Laszlo Toth - Hungarian-born Australian who vandalised Michelangelo's Pietà in 1972
Ahnsahnghong - South Korean man - worshipped by World Mission Society Church of God as the second coming Jesus
David Shayler - former MI5 (British Security Service) officer who gained notoriety after being prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act for his passing secret documents to the press. In July 2007 Shayler claimed to be a reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
Billy Meier — Alleged sole contactee of the "Pleiadian" race of human ETs, it is claimed in literature disseminated by Meier that he is not only the re-incarnation of Christ and the "prophet" and world-savior of the modern-age, but also the re-incarnation of Isiah, Elijah, Muhammad, and others.

Interesting topic to be sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by jetxnet

First Obama now Oprah.
Is there's any African American person you do like? It will be a short list and make it easier for the rest of us to follow your hatred.

omg another it's cause she is black....

see what's happen is anytime a black person feel's threatened they yell..its cause we are black.
then everyone is suppose to go..ohh my bad .and repent..' or back down
the fact is the whole dang concept of blacks saying it's cause we are black piss's me off..it leaves no room for argument at all..

step into my office POOOOOW here is your race card for the day..thank you come again.

it ain't right. period

personally...i think oprah if we was talking bible..would not be the anti Christ.
she is the whore o fBabylon..in revolation's...

he “great whore” of the biblical book of Revelation is featured in chapters 17 and 18. Many passages define symbolic meanings inherent in the text:

17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth (King James Version; the New International Version Bible uses "hills" instead of "mountains").
17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
17:12 And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

bt she aint the antichrist lol

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well I have been trying to tell people that either her or Obama were the anti-christ! So i guess she wins!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by amitheone

Sure brother, I watched the videos in your sig. I knew God was angry at the Jews taking the star for their symbol.

And now my eyes are opened. Thank you.

I'll return the favor, the antichrist is revealed:

He calls himself "Lord Maitreya". He is the son of Perdition.

Watch the YouTube videos. People who think it's Obama, Prince Charles, George Bush etc are all wrong.

The AntiChrist is Lord Maitreya, his false prophet is the Roman Catholic Pope.

home.sprynet.com...

www.satansrapture.com...

www.redmoonrising.com...

www.cuttingedge.org...

Thanks for the links! Bookmarked it. More reading for me and added knowledge! I'll comment once done. Thanks.

My comments on the blood moon eclipse (lunar ellipse) on the video: Wow. All these historical facts about the Jews coincides with the eclipses. Totally amazing! Its as if its scheduled to happen. I'll make a historical chart on this on eclipses which coincides Jewish history. More research for me here!

However, one little tiny fact but very important information: No one knows exactly the time of Jesus 2nd coming, only the Father in heaven only. I don't think its in 2015, though a blood moon eclipse will happen on that date, nobody really knows when.

This event will be a very rare event and that a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse (blood moon) will happen at the same time. I know this is impossible, but check the website I have provided to see how it is possible.

Thanks for the links again.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Did you know that Emperor Constantine used your "Holy" Bible as a form of manipulation against Europe?

Did you know that Emperor Constantine formed the council of Nicaea?

Did you know that within the council of Nicaea a bunch of Romans decided to unite all of Christendom by putting together the first Bible?

Did you know that only those present got to choose what went into the Bible?

Did you know that for hundreds of years afterward the Holy Roman Empire ruled western Europe by manipulating people with the "Holy" Bible?

Did you know that later on King James removed a few of the books from the previous Bible created by Constantine and then dubbed his version the "authorized" version?

Did you know that 90% of the Christians in today's world are too stupid to investigate the history of their own religion?

Did you know that Emperor Constantine and all the members of the council of Nicaea are probably laughing at modern Christians for their ignorance?

Did you know any of these things??

Probably not....

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's funny how people scream about things like "Oprah doesn't believe what I was taught about Jesus"

Did you listen to what she did have to say as a whole? Have you EVER watched the show? Have you ever seen how much she gives, promotes others to give and generally makes everyone's life better?

If she has done more than other homosexually busted, money laundering, letter trashing and generally FAILED religious shows have EVER done.. take a look why don't ya.. release the chains that bind and think for yourself.

If your god is as strong as you believe then learning as much about her and what she has done,doing and will continue to do should empower you in your faith right?
b

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Excuse me for being off topic but I want to say a few things about your sig.
I watched all the youtube vids there and I must say, they were great! Scared the S*&T out of me. But I want to tell you the problems I found.

First of all, the hindu temples you showed are much younger than original hindu sanskrit texts. The temples and statues were from 500-700 a.d. or thereabouts. Also, the picture of khali you showed is actually the female represention of Shiva. This fits with the idea I present later about the dual nature of the universe we live in. Not a literal interpretation of a demon that will eat your face off while you're sleeping.

Secondly, the whole theory is based off of the number 666, which to my knowledge, is only ever mentioned in the bible. Circa 60 a.d. for the new testament. You backdate this number to try and tie together about 10,000 years of history. Don't get me wrong, any good conspiracy theory tries to tie togehter all the major events in history into one long chain of coherent events. But...do I need to finish?? how romantic..

Lastly, the symbol behind all of this deception; the circle and the triangles is nothing more than an artistic expression. Because we exist in the 3rd dimension only two types of lines are possible. (you'll learn this if you draw) Straight lines, and curved lines. Straight lines are masculine and curved lines are feminine. A curved line, left uninterrupted, will always become a circle. Straight lines, therefore, can be discovered inside said circle hence this symbol being found by any artist of any time period with a compass and a straight edge. In general this symbol represents duality, to make a long story short.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Oprah is a sham. I saw it first hand in our hometown. She sent down her crews and they edited a story until they got it to her specifications, and totally off from the truth. The result of her meddling? A rapist went free. That was her intent from the beginning. To free Marcus Dixon. He raped a young retarded girl as she worked in an office behind the school, he was captian of the football team, popular, but known to be sexually aggressive, even with teachers and other school employees. Previous complaints had been made regarding his behaviour. The little girl he raped had bleeding lips, and she was a virgin. She had the mind of about a 7 year old. He was in prison, until Oprah stepped in, edited to make the town look like a bunch of hick rascists, far from the truth, Marcus's own parents are white, he was fostered then adopted by one of his coach's. After the national attention, he was freed, now he is going for Pro status, and the little girl and her family? They moved away.

edit to add= I used to be a fan of Oprah, I never missed a show, until the Marcus Dixon taping. Funny how they managed to delete any scene with intelligent response to her on the street interviews, and cornered the little girl on the show, never giving her credit for her disablility, weaving the perfect story to make veiwers think they were watching a story about backwoods Ga injustice. Justice HAD ALREADY been served, she turned it around and freed a guilty man.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Makes perfect sense to me. I mean Oprah leading thousands astray with
her "Opranity". Her version of Christianity. Isn't the whole point of calling
yourself a Christian realizing Jesus died for your sins, and we are forgiven through grace? Hint the name Christ=Christian She just conveniently leaves that one little name out, or just trivializes Him. No wonder she stumped for Obama, they share the same beliefs!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
[edit on 5-8-2008 by Mozzy]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by MandM

Did you know that Emperor Constantine used your "Holy" Bible as a form of manipulation against Europe?

Do you think he would do anything short of "everything" to keep status quo? wouldn't you?

Did you know that Emperor Constantine formed the council of Nicaea?

Do you have any idea how big of an event the coucil of Nicaea was? Trying to sum it up as a sentence placed in an argument is silly. Think of the Nuremburg trial transcripts and then multiply by 100.

Did you know that within the council of Nicaea a bunch of Romans decided to unite all of Christendom by putting together the first Bible?

Again, does it surprise you that Romans didn't make large candy pinatas and have pie eating contests to rule their empire? No, they used their brains...

Did you know that only those present got to choose what went into the Bible?

As opposed to those that weren't presen?

Did you know that for hundreds of years afterward the Holy Roman Empire ruled western Europe by manipulating people with the "Holy" Bible?

Why is this surprising? People manipulate by any means possible. We manipulate with our minds, with our emotions, with our penises, vaginas, with our art, movies, food, and anything else that has any relevance to the situation at hand.

Did you know that later on King James removed a few of the books from the previous Bible created by Constantine and then dubbed his version the "authorized" version?

Are you trying to tell me a "King" did something as egotistical and maniacal as to say what he thinks is the word of god? Wow, that's a revelation.

Did you know that 90% of the Christians in today's world are too stupid to investigate the history of their own religion?

Did you know that most Christians are just like everyone else? They probably only go to church to fit in and meet other people and feel good about themselves (for whatever reason) for a short while.

Did you know that Emperor Constantine and all the members of the council of Nicaea are probably laughing at modern Christians for their ignorance?

No, they are all dead. They are not laughing one single bit. They are rotting corpses that will never see the light of day again. Period.

Did you know any of these things??

Probably not....

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

No problem brother, I am myself certain that the time Jesus speaks of isn't his 2nd coming, it is when he comes to gather his saints. That time no one knows, however his 2nd coming to Earth with his saints is most likely 7 years to the very day after the antichrist tricks the Israelis into a false peace deal.

A very insightful concept is to look at the traditions of the Jewish wedding ceremony concerning what Jesus will do in the future concerning his saints, or the church.

Rapture mirrors the Jewish wedding ceremony

Even better one brother

Just like during the Jewish tradition, the bride is constantly awaiting her husband to come "like a thief in the night" to take her to his fathers house where he had been preparing their abode.

Now, I am VERY certain there will be a great revival in the end times/Great tribulation, and those who come to know the lord will be GREATLY persecuted during it, but I do not think that we believers now will be there, we will be having the marriage supper in heaven during that time. Millions will come to know Christ during the Great Tribulation because of the ministry of the 144,000 God has sealed. But I'm also most certian that the antichrist cannot come to power until the "restrainer"/the church is removed via the rapture.

Some theologians think Michael is the restrainer, I for one think Satan can only be restrained by the Godhead itself, not a lesser angel than Satan.

When one considers the Jewish wedding traditions, it is clear as a bell that Jesus Christ will mirror this ancient practice with his bride, today's true believers. No one will know the day or hour of his coming to rapture us, but I'm certain one can count to the day when he will come back to Earth after the wedding feast in heaven with the saints to destroy the antichrist and his false prophet and their armies.

Give me your thoughts brother. Plus, I'm very encouraged by his second coming, I want to have a part in that battle of Armageddon, I hope Christ himself will let me be on the front lines.

I do love the site you directed me to, the scientific proof/evidences for the coming trumpets and bowls is amazing. Definitely bookmarked, and I'm going to send many of my friends there for knowledge.

Let me know what you think about the Jewish wedding traditions and how the rapture figures into it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

I don't care how much money she gives. If she tells lies about Jesus Christ then she is actually hurting people, not helping them.

Do you think she can use her "giving" for her own tax purposes????

Which is better in the long run? Giving a poor person a meal or two and a new pair of boots? Or leading them to eternal life through Jesus Christ?

It's better to die of starvation and join Jesus Christ in heaven than it is to enter the gates of hell with new boots and a full stomach.

There is a bigger picture here.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Finally! Someone with some knowledge. I was beginning to think I was the only one who knew the information you just posted.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Somebody better do something about biblical Christianity because the people who claim it don't follow its leader.

They say everything opposite to what Jesus said and they claim he said it. They follow paul the pharisee instead of jesus the christ.

Jesus was a radical and paul was a bureaucrat and christians cant tell the diff.

sarc

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I'm with Oprah on this one.

Anyone want to explain exactly why we need religion?
It is a control by fear system.

Suckers have bought into it and created a huge powerful, wealtlhy multinational corporation. It claims to be "god'" trustee for all the land in the world. That is why you can never own the land you live on. You can never have free and clear allodial title. You have a "fee" title, which means that you pay "rent" forever. The Pope has given the administrative duties over this land to Queen Eliz.II.

The Vatican rules the world.
The "faithful" unwittingly support this tyranny. It is time that they were awakened to the truth.
Know the truth and it will make you free. But first it will make you very angry.

haha wow i dont think i have heard such bs in my life, so me following jesus, im controlled and wealthy and fundamentally a sucker huh?

haha, some peopleare so ignorant and have no idea about th faith they are slandering.

and as for schrodingers dog, what do you mean whats your point? regardless of your beliefs i think you can geuss ops point?

no ones gona slander me because i follow christ, the real christ. so any one wanna slander me (indirectly or directly) then fine, ill debate anyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic

Somebody better do something about biblical Christianity because the people who claim it don't follow its leader.

They say everything opposite to what Jesus said and they claim he said it. They follow paul the pharisee instead of jesus the christ.

Jesus was a radical and paul was a bureaucrat and christians cant tell the diff.

sarc

sorry pal but your severly wrong, have you read the bible? peter, an eye witness, verifyed pauls letters in 2peter, so the "paulite christianity" is just a ridiculus statement. muslis love that one. theres nothing that paul says that is in contrast with the other apostles. read the bible and dont be so ignorant.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic

sarc

sorry pal but your severly wrong, have you read the bible? peter, an eye witness, verifyed pauls letters in 2peter, so the "paulite christianity" is just a ridiculus statement. muslis love that one. theres nothing that paul says that is in contrast with the other apostles. read the bible and dont be so ignorant.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
the only thing religion is (or was) good for is "manipulating the masses" its a way to controll people

its a way to get people to do what YOU want them to do

religion has killed more people on this planet then any plague or natural disaster in history....most wars were started by religion

i realy dont want to bash religion, it has helped many people to get there lives together and be happy

if you belive in any religion, more power to you, just dont push it on me, dont force me to belive in something i dont want to belive in

if you dont like what oprah says, turn the channel, shut the radio off and ignore her

sorry, this is actualy my first post/reply and i had to speak what was on my mind, just like the person that started this ................be safe people

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join