It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Excluding the extremists, this is what will happen when the world abandons religion.

Moral thought will no longer be a guiding force. Only the governmental laws will maintain order. When the governments fail then humanity will fall into chaos and people will do the unimaginable. Remember the governments have religious elements that make up their laws.

Religion keeps people from doing their dark desires. Would you kill your neighbor if he was the last one with food on the block?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

Oprah Winfrey is a Hinduish new ager, she has a guru who taught her this. Apparently, she never read the Bible and based it on her own vivid imagination.

If she wants to believe her own invented version, whatever rocks her boat. The bible will always be there and people will always find ways to twist the truth.

Its kind of sad if a person does not like what is written in the Bible, they make their own story to fit what they want, not what God want. They follow self and they don't want to be told what to do.

Hey, if you are rich and famous, you can do whatever you want to do. You can invent your own world, if you wish. But it does not change the fact what is written in the Bible.

We follow God and not some TV show host. lol

[edit on 8/4/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

If she wants to believe her own invented version, whatever rocks her boat. The bible will always be there and people will always find ways to twist the truth.

I hate to break this to you, but unless you were there a couple of thousand years ago, all you or anyone else has is YOUR own invented version. Read your Gnostic bible, read something, either way No One has a monopoly to the truth.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
YAY Oprah!!! Bring on the truth!!!

Let there BE light in the minds of humankind!!!

Lets shine the truth on the books re written over and over by the MEN of Rome..
..........CLEARLY God did not write the bible.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I hate to break this to you, but unless you were there a couple of thousand years ago, all you or anyone else has is YOUR own invented version. Read your Gnostic bible, read something, either way No One has a monopoly to the truth.

Beautifully stated.

AMEN.

Namast'e

[edit on 4-8-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It is absolutely true.

Wow. Who does she think she is Constantine?

Laughing because you don't even get how dumb this is.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, if shes teaching these things.. good for her. We need more people to spread that knowledge.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Moral thought will no longer be a guiding force. Only the governmental laws will maintain order. When the governments fail then humanity will fall into chaos and people will do the unimaginable. Remember the governments have religious elements that make up their laws.

Religion keeps people from doing their dark desires. Would you kill your neighbor if he was the last one with food on the block?

Nonsense. Religion is not synonymous with, nor required for, morality. In case you haven't noticed, people do horrendous things even with the presence of religion.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
America was more religious in 1865 than it is today
they murdered the heathen Natives with a swiftness only seen from bias views.

Today you have fanatic John Hagee followers that if left up to them would
drop the atom bomb on the arabs.
in his recent speech Hagee called for bombing Iran Israel needs oil too?

Religion is for sheep that can not find their way
You don't need it to find god .

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It is absolutely true.

This is not about monopoly of the truth, this is simply about reading the Bible correctly since she based it on the Bible and twisted the truth there. So, one must point out the errors and not turn a blind eye on it.

Why single out the Bible? She could use other religions, like Islam and start from there. She could start that Mohammed is not a prophet and allah is not the only way.

I mean, if she want to start her own religious movement and promote it, don't use an already established religion like Christianity, distort it to fit your own philosophy. Use Hinduism as there are literally millions of gods to choose from. Perhaps, these millions of gods is not too popular or unknown in the US, and it won't have much impact to sensationalize and make the whole thing controversial. So, use Christianity instead in order to promote her beliefs.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

First of all, I assume when you refer to the bible you are talking about the new testament.
The old testament is a seed for three faiths.
The new testament was written approx. 400 years after the death of Christ by the Greeks and omitted several gospels which did not serve the church. So by definition the new testament, indeed the bible itself, is the twisting and manipulation of the life of Christ.
Look it up.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I never have cared a whole lot about the Oprah thing. I have to say this is what I believe though. Jesus was not a Christian, and did not teach Christianity, and neither do I. Jesus taught God, and that is what I believe. Why should I be a Christian if Jesus wasn't?

If the truth be known, and it all finally comes out, I think Jesus would be upset that we are teaching about him instead of his father. When he was here he did his best to make us understand, but like we always do, we screwed it all up.

I don't think his only purpose here was to die, if that was true then we would just have account of his death. But if you read the new testament you would see that he was teaching about life and that death of the body is not the end of the trip for us.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So by definition the new testament, indeed the bible itself, is the twisting and manipulation of the life of Christ. Look it up.

I think you don't read the bible that much nor even understanding it, your are apparently putting it down.

If you want to believe what you want to believe according to our own definition, hey, whatever rocks your boat. Its like making your own biology book and defining the gluteus maximus as part of the upper respiratory system.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I thought maximus was apart of the gladiator system?

Lil levity!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
I thought maximus was apart of the gladiator system?

Lil levity!

Thats funny.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So by definition the new testament, indeed the bible itself, is the twisting and manipulation of the life of Christ. Look it up.

I think you don't read the bible that much nor even understanding it, your are apparently putting it down.

If you want to believe what you want to believe according to our own definition, hey, whatever rocks your boat. Its like making your own biology book and defining the gluteus maximus as part of the upper respiratory system.

First of all it doesn't matter what I believe, this thread is not about me. But for a person who calls themselves a christian you seem to know very little about the bible and christianity in general.
Like many others before you, you have chosen to put your faith into a belief system armed solely with spoon fed knowledge.
I'm not making anything up. If you had respect for Christ and christianity you would have inquired into everything associated with it.
Here's a couple of wikipedia pages to get you started:

disciple

gnostic gospels

synoptic gospels

gospel of judas

I am not putting down the bible, I think it's an incomplete yet extraordinary book.
And it is not a biography. It is full of imagery, metaphor, allegory, symbolism, which all lend to interpretation. Be it yours, mine, or Oprah's.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why is it a big deal that Oprah gets to say what she wants to say on her own tv show?

It's almost as if you're saying people are too weak and cannot make up their own minds about how they feel about their religion and they will follow what a silly celebrity does? Well the sad part about that is it's true... many people follow what a celebrity says.

Those that truly have faith, any faith, will not waiver, no matter what others say. Oprah is just a talking head on TV that likes to make lots of money and encourages everyone else to spend their money. Why else does she have those stupid xmas shows with all those products. People ooh and ahh and say "I want that, and that and that." Women will beat each other up in order to get a ticket to one of those shows, just so they can walk away with tons of crap.

She's telling people what they want to hear. She's not stupid. She's playing the game and people are falling for it.

Dr. Phil is just a goof. He's nothing more than a talking head too. And his whole little family - so annoying. "Here buy my book, look at my home decorating skills. Look at how much money I blow. Look how perfect my family and marriage is."

Yuck.

Turn off your TVs!!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Who cares what Oprah thinks is true??? Newsflash: Not everyone will be saved.

Just because she has a T.V. show doesn't mean she is right.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It is absolutely true.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

I know that not everyone on this forum will believe that these things are actually true, but they are stone cold accurate and you can actually watch Oprah Winfrey openly denying Jesus Christ for yourself:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

Ummm, good?
I like oprah now...

Like no offence, well you seem a bit insane so a little bit of offence...But like good for her.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have to give props to amitheone for sticking to his guns while the other guy kept saying the same thing over and over again. I honestly do not see the importance of the gnostic gospels. Unlike with the teachings of the Bible, and yes I'VE READ IT, the gnostic gospels are just a bunch of pointless stories that don't help me with anything that goes on in life.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by n0b0DY]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
woopsey, double post.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by n0b0DY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join