It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
OK, I only had to watch two and a half minutes of the video to know that this is just another example of Bible thumping Christians getting their feathers in a ruffle cuz someone doesn't tow the Biblical Party line. Hey Christians! Get over yourselves! We all don't believe the same thing you do! Deal with it! If you're right and we're wrong, what's it to you?!?!? We're the ones who will have to deal with the reprecussions, not you! In short, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!! I'm sick and tired of having Christianity crammed down my frakkin' throat! You are now no better than the Romans who thought it great sport to feed Christians to the lions!

By the way, before this thread, I did not like The Oprah! Now....

[edit on 20-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
dupe, sorry!

[edit on 20-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Do you realize that she has a right to believe and teach what she wants??

Do you realize just because she doesn't agree with you doesn't mean she is wrong?

Do you realize that she is exactly where she is suppose to be in life?

I am not a big fan of Oprah, but she does have the right to be who she is, doesn't she?

Do you realize that she is absolutely right?

Do you realize there are a million things worse than what Oprah is saying or teaching?

Do you realize that you are being close-minded and narrow-minded?

Do you realize that you are not living her life, and she has a right to do whatever she pleases and she will reek the positive and negative results and that not your business?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just read this on Dave Rabbit's Is Religion Simply A Security Blanket? thread and found it to be truly profound! I thought I would share it on the other spiritual threads I'm following.

Originally posted by plato63
The story, although originating in India, is almost certainly a Buddhist parable, attributed the man - Gautama Buddha himself. The story is of 6 blind men wandering upon an elephant, one finding the tail, another the ear, another the leg, etc. feel exited that they have seen something new (elephants were common in India then
). They chance to meet up with a wise man (a non blind man) or the king and tell him the exiting news. However, they soon find that their individual descriptions do not match with the others, and therefore start fighting among themselves.

You certainly did get the moral of the story though (my respects). If GOD is so "huge", creator of the universe, beyond good or evil, beyond time, etc, how can we as mortals say that we "know" him. It is quite possible that we have touched only a part of HIM. If we accept that arguement then the only way in which we can "know" what GOD looks like is by amalgamating the information from all religions, and yes, even the athiests cause they may have touched a different part of HIM that the others did not. All roads lead to GOD (this idea is borrowed), but can only reach GOD once they have united and become one.

I would encourage all to visit Dave's thread, but PLEASE follow the 'NO FLAMING!' rule!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Maybe you are having thoughts that might turn your life around. You sound full of hatred. Even if you don't believe in Jesus, he still died for you and he loves you very much. I've never written anything to anyone, but your passions sounds like a cry for help. I'm not minding your business, You have feel will. I've never crammed my religion down anyone's throat, but I do love my fellow man. God Bless YOU.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You're entire post is correct, which is why I starred it.
You stated the obvious, yet, so few others do.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Gibran Khalil Gibran and now Eckhart tolle and Oprah all these new age gurus are free to think what they want,but that is not the truth and opposite to christianity.Millions of people were attracted to Gibran who was a pioneer of new age,in his book Jesus son of man divested Jesus of His divine nature and miraculous attributes presenting Him instead as a sage,a guru.If we have to attain salvation through our own efforts,the sacrifice of Christ becomes useless.The power of now of Eckhart Tolle is not the real one,the power is the cross and now is the word that the church emphasizes on it:The Holy past is present now with power.For that the word of the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed,but it is God power to us who are being saved.I ask Oprah if she dare,to speak on tv about the miracle power of the cross and blood on that good friday in Jerusalem in 1994 in the book the coin of the temple by souheil bayoud,published in 2006.There you will see the difference between these false gurus teaching and the real Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior.What Oprah is saying about the Lord Jesus christ is a deadly error,and it seems that new age teaching may be an introduction to the end times universal religion of the antichrist.The Day of His wrath is coming.
dayofwrath

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Well I guess you can count me with Oprah in you assessments of "destroying biblical Christianity here"
, because I chose no to believe in Christianity either.

So what now, I am a spawn of satan for that.

Nice way to start a thread and get attention.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Christ did not say He would return and be called Jesus. In the book of Revelations it is written that the Personage would have a new name and would have a world government on His shoulders. Actually Baha'u'llah the Founder of the Baha'i Faith does not claim to be Jesus. He claims to be Baha'u'llah. He teaches that a Divinely inspired Messenger appears roughly every thousand years, and claimed to be the Messenger for this age. He encouraged people to investigate with their own hearts and minds. THe teaching is found in some form in most of the world's faiths. IE: that it is not the personality of the previous messenger that returns at the time of fulfillment, but the spirit in a new form.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
I know that not everyone on this forum will believe that these things are actually true, but they are stone cold accurate and you can actually watch Oprah Winfrey openly denying Jesus Christ for yourself:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

Believe in what she said, or that she actually said them?

Either way, it doesn't matter to us Atheists. I think you're going to find more sympathy in a christian forum. Some here may sympathize, but I hope not the majority.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

I AM THANKFULL FOR SEEING AN AFRICAN AMERICAN FEMAL RISE TO SUCH A POWERFULL POSITION FINANCIALLY BUT I DONT FOLLOW ENTERTAINERS THAT MUCH AS BAPHOMITEZ PLAYES WITHIN THEM TOO MUCH AND THEY ARE EASILY TAINTED. So to whoever may be following what she is teaching that is their arses for being weak and not searching within themselves for the true answers of life.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Is there any evidence outside scripture that he did? Are second hand stories passed down and altered by the Romans and Europeans good enough to trust your soul in?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Is there a need for salvation? Why should I feel guilty for being human or having human nature if it is the way I was made? Why should we be punished because two morons took fruit from a talking snake?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Even the Bible itself has plenty of references to the idea of all men having a spark or breath of God within. Jesus taught them to pray OUR FATHER who art in heaven so that we might ALL be sons and daughters of God. In one part of the Bible (I believe it is in Psalm 8) it says we are only a little lower than God. The idea of oneness with God is not foreign to the Bible.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

The Bible is one of the most illogical and self-contradictory collections of myths in existence. It presents a wishy-washy bipolar view of God and some very extremely confused morals on a great deal of subjects including but not limited to, rape, beating your children, stoning people, slavery, the slaughter of children (even God gets in on the act of slaughtering kids in the Old testament), etc.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

Do you realize most homosexuals are that way by nature and have no control over which sex they urge for? Why should people feel guilty for the way "God" made them? Why should something that is entirely out of their power be a sin?

In conclusion: People like you frighten me. In the words of Gandalf

Go back to the shadow

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Titen-Sxull,

I dont know if it has occured to you or other readers out here...but people for who's references in life are a movie or some television program they watched...are scary in themselves.

I say this because it becomes obvious that these people have no real life experiences of their own...they live second hand vicarious lives through movies and television.

here ..this is what I mean by scary...your quote here.

In conclusion: People like you frighten me. In the words of Gandalf

Go back to the shadow

I find this kind of lack of experience in life to be in the same vein that many Humanists complain about Bible Believers. Scary.

What is worse..this lack of real life knowledge is what is moving into public offices now days. This is our leadership....experiences and knowledge only through movies and television.

Not much about which to boast...and also very scary indeed.

Think about it.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Do you all realize Oprah is a lesbian? She would probably go with whatever religion brings in ratings but lesbians are under attack by Christians.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Who gives a crap of what some daytime tv yoyo dieter in the US thinks anyway???

Daytime TV huh??? Why dont people put down their remotes and get a job?? Problem solved.. Then oprah will dissapear into the mist of time where she belongs... Hmmmnn... Great plot for a book... Maybe i should get it plugged by o.... forget it...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Do you all realize Oprah is a lesbian? She would probably go with whatever religion brings in ratings but lesbians are under attack by Christians.

Dude,

Try thinking about this closely. I am not interested in Oprah's sex, Sexual Orientation.
I know one thing about most of these afternoon television programs. Take away the sex/sexuality and you have no program.

What kind of dummy declares their excellence by sex, sexual orientation, sexuality. You have to go to school to get this stupid and furthermore let a television program make such cheap merchandising out of you. No original thinking going on.

Most of these programs are for "Drama Queens" Take away the sex and other cheap drama and you have no program. This means you should ask yourself what is wrong with most Americans who watch this kind of second hand drivel..and then try to live their lives by it.

Like I said to Titen-Sxull three posts above...this one ....how many people have no real experiences of their own but must live second hand through programs like Oprah..movies and other television drivel.

Thanks,
Orangetom.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

This is good! I wish more celebrities would come forward with their belief about Christianity, and the truth of the matter than anyone can learn if the study enough on it.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Neither do I, I think instead he came here to correct mistakes made my the Annunaki, whom Christians and Hebrews took as Gods. He did his best, I will give the man that, but he did not come for the express purpose of dying, and if he did actually die for all of our sins as the Christians believe, then shouldn't we all get our money's worth and sin as much as possible? I mean, they are all paid for, right?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Let's see, "salvation:" the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc. So if I get saved in the Christian way, does that mean I will never come to harm? I will never loose anything? Guess I will get saved, walk out in front of traffic for awhile, accost some toughs down at the corner, and go to Vegas and gamble because I will never loose. I often ask good meaning Christians what they are trying to save me from, and they always say, "Hell." Well, Hell is their invention, by the way, I certainly don't believe it it, so why do I need saved from it? Next time a Bible thumper comes to your house, ask them if they will give up their seat in Heaven for you. (they will always answer no!)

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Because there isn't, if you mean the heaven and hell the Christians speak of constantly. These are but different states of mind. As I stated in another post about this, don't just go blindly into the "Light," this is a trap that will quickly reincarnate you to Earth's 3rd. dimension again. The thing to do is question the Light, and tell it to show you all of the Heavens and Hells and Summerlands and then choose where you want to spend your R&R. If you think you belong in Hell, then by all means go there!

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Well? she is correct in my book anyway. We are all together, get that now, each and every one of us together, in Spirit form, God/Goddess. They (The GodHead) are us, and we are them. The GodHead exists and creates. Knows all there is to know. Has no experience, only the knowledge. We the corporal beings that we are, Experience everything. We are the experiencers. I know, I made that word up, so we are the ones who experience.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

And what could be the wrong thing about that? I was once told that the Bible is the only "inspired" book, thereby the only "true" book in existence. I took this statement as an outright lie, because it is. It is ignorant to even think that. If "God" could inspire one book, what would stop him/her from inspiring other books? I learned much of what I know from many many books I have read, including "occult" (means hidden) books.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

Well, I am not against abortion for the right reasons, after all, a woman's body is her own, and most abortion clinic protesters are men. That in itself strikes me funny. And homosexuals are no better of worse that heterosexuals. They are simply more in touch with their "other half" than the rest of us. Funny too, only Wiccans seem to accept Homosexuals as they are, never tell them it's a "disease" that can be "cured" by giving their heart and soul to Jesus.

I know that not everyone on this forum will believe that these things are actually true, but they are stone cold accurate and you can actually watch Oprah Winfrey openly denying Jesus Christ for yourself:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

Well, for myself, I don't care for Oprah much, and never watch her show. That being said, I have to agree with a lot of what she says on the show, and believe me I hear about it on the news ever so often, and on the talk shows. Some think she would make a good president. I am not one of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Lord of the Rings, indeed any movie, is just as valid as any other mythology or fantasy. The difference is that I understand it is fiction while many cling to far more ancient myths claiming they are all true. I enjoy quoting things, especially movie references. If you don't know my avatar is from MST3K a TV show about making fun of movies in which tons of references to pop culture and other films are made so that's just the kind of nerd I am.

Is the quote not applicable to the situation? Are beliefs like this not holding back society?

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Finally !!! Christianity is soooo last millennium !!! Just kidding !!!

Seriously, unless you're a Christian, who cares ???

Even if you are a Christian...why do you care what Oprah thinks ???

After all, she's just some stupid actor with a daytime talk show !!!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oprah Winfrey is saving this planet.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join