It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

This is true but it has also been the cause of more beneficence than could possibly be recorded - which it never is.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Its very easy to be cynical and sarcastic concerning religion. However, the words you spewed out confirm that you have not really attempted to grasp the meaning of Christianity. Everything you've sarcastically and cynically questioned is spelled out to you in the Bible in a form that any have-wit, you included, could understand.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Judeo-Christian morals are largely the reason we have the society we do today. Whether you care to take in religion or not, your outright bashing of them just proves your own ignorance in history.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
the only thing religion is (or was) good for is "manipulating the masses" its a way to controll people

its a way to get people to do what YOU want them to do

religion has killed more people on this planet then any plague or natural disaster in history....most wars were started by religion

i realy dont want to bash religion, it has helped many people to get there lives together and be happy

if you belive in any religion, more power to you, just dont push it on me, dont force me to belive in something i dont want to belive in

if you dont like what oprah says, turn the channel, shut the radio off and ignore her

sorry, this is actualy my first post/reply and i had to speak what was on my mind, just like the person that started this ................be safe people

A way to get people to do what YOU want them to do? Are you referring to not killing, taking anothers wife, not stealing.....wow we've all been manipulated. Start the revolt.

Religion has killed more people than any plague or natural disaster? REALLY? So we're talking about....all the Bubonic Plague deaths, all the AIDS deaths, all the WWI &II deaths....(and these just to name a few) compared to....
The Crusades, the Inquisition, the Muslim Empires expansion, the current muslim extremism...and what else? Somehow I think you cannot backup your claim.

"You dont want to bash relgion", though thats what youre doing. "It has helped people get their lives together and be happy" - again, you are included in this whether you like it or not.

When do people push it on you? Though those that believe in religion of some form are in the majority, they are definitely the vocal minority.

You say if you dont like what Oprah says, turn the channel. Follow your own advise next time you find anything religious on tv.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It isn't Oprah's status as a celebrety that is the important thing about this.

It is that she is in a position to make a statement that will reach millions.

There are millions of people who will say that they are Christian, but who really are not totally into it; altho they may not have openly questioned the matter. For these people her message may show them that the whole thing is a hoax. She will have won many to see the truth and throw off the shackles of doubt forever. The truth will set them free, but first it will make them very angry.

I was never so awakened to the total foolishness of the Bible until I began a study with some JW's. What I read left me aghast that any adult could take such tripe seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

I personally do not care for Oprah (and New Age is also bogus) but I do recognize that God could be using her to denounce religion. For it is about time.

Obviously this is a rude awakening for you!! I am sorry that this is a harsh reality but even the Bible (as fallible as it is) is showing that all of this needs to happen!!

IMO God is now turning his back on religion and it is becoming more evident by all the exposure of "The Lie" along with exposing the problems with the tens - hundreds of thousands of mistakes in the translating of the NT alone!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Let's be Real.

The OP wouldn't have any problem with Oprah using her celebrity to reach millions - if she was quoting Bible verses.

If there is any thing "new" - it is Christianity - one of the newest religions if not #1

There is nothing "new" about new age - other then perhaps a modern twist on ancient beliefs.

But then so is today's Christianity - I doubt Jesus would even recognize what it has become.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I wasn't aware she feels this way, but I've felt this way for a great many years. The churches--all of them--want to dominate each and every person in the world. We'd be far better off without ANY of them. They are just as greedy, corrupt, and manipulative as any political organization... and what makes them WORSE is they are using a diety to try to convince us all that we NEED to be saved. That's a bunch of hogwash. As long as you live a good life and try to never deliberately hurt someone else first, that's all the matters.

And I do NOT believe there is a Hell. I believe that's just another fabrication of "fear and control."

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The OP is entitled to her view, even if I or anyone else disagrees with her, which I do.

I am happy to let the OP have her beliefs, and she will have to forgive me for having my own that do not align with her's.

I do not understand the need for reply posts denegrating the OP... this behaviour is below standard and those who have indulged need to assess their actions and reasoning.

Anyone can disagree with this next statement, but that will not make it "wrong"... all religion continues to exist because they all use the process of long term Indoctrination (Teaching Doctrine) which is done from the moment you are born into a religious family and continues until death, or, you perceive a different truth.

Religion has done great things for many people, especially those drowning in the world who are in need of a life preserver. Equally, it has and still does hideous things in the 'name of God'. By the way, Allah and God are the same don't you know? All religions have 'sinned' against humanity in the name of their god/gods.

Read Barbara Thierings book, "Jesus the Man". Written by a christian, extremely well researched, and as factual an account as you could get of the reality, rather than the biblical line surrounding the life and times of that human being... note I didn't refer to him as god's only son, etc, etc.

Oprah too has done many good works, using her vast wealth to assist others, etc. In this respect she has done far more for other humans than many churches have or will.

As an example of what I mean, my father went to South America to save street kids from being shot by the military at night. He scraped money together to get a building to use as a home for these very needy little kids, and to find support he went to all the churches across the southern US states to see if they could provide Chrisitian Charity and assist in this important work. He was turned away empty handed by the majority of wealthy Jesus-loving Churches... you should be ashamed of yourselves by the way.

In the end, who cares what Oprah, or the OP do and think? Is it really that important in the long run?

Isn't it time to put aside the petty bickering of my belief is better/truer than your's?

It won't be long now and many people will have their rug of belief pulled out from under them when they see and experience things their belief-system says cannot exist. These people will need humanitarian charity to be assisted back into some form of understanding, and so I hope that most of us, Christian and non-christian work together on that.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin,

Wow!!

That is a mature...balanced...reply!

Thank you for you leadership!

OT
Philippians 1:3

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Barbara Thiering and I think also Robert Eisenman ...were they not both doing work on the dead sea scrolls...theorys about the dead sea scrolls??

For some reason Barbra Thierings name rings a bell ..with the same theory or similar as Robert Eisenman and the scrolls.

It has been a long while since I have actually heard of either name..so my recall here is a bit fuzzy.

Tayesin,
You do realize how nonsensical this statement is once you think it through..yes??

All religions have 'sinned' against humanity in the name of their god/gods.

The only way this is true is if men are gods or what is refered to as demigods.

Sins are always against God..

Crimes are against humans.

This also means all gods are not the same god. Some are counterfits.

This kind of statement looks good on paper and will get by most peoples until it is pointed out to most people with a modicum of ability to think for themselves.

As to Barbra Theiring and "Jesus the Man"
I know all I need to know about Jesus Christ the man..from the
Book Of Luke...written by the precise person for the job..a gentile doctor...a Greek.
The lineage of Jesus Christ the man in this book is from Adam...in his manhood.

Mark writes of Jesus Christ the Servant...no lineage of servants..intresting omission from this book Also here the term used over and over..is "Straightway" Straightway he did this or that...as a obedient servant would be doing about His Fathers work.

Matthew is of Jesus Christ the King...the lineage here is from David...as a rightful King.

John...Jesus the High Priest...with a lineage from John the Baptist...when John baptized Jesus in the River Jordan..and from there Jesus took on His priesthood and His Church.

Intresting lineages from these four biographys once one knows...or is taught.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 14-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

The sooner she achieves this the better this world will be. In fact the very word 'Christ' means 'buried' and it only became associated with annointed by another misconception. The word Krst appears on many Egyptian coffins which contained mummies that had been embalmed with 'annointing' fluids. Iosa was the Egyptian Ever Coming Son of God and this is the same name still used for Jesus in Gaelic. The Egyptian story of Iosa is practically all the same as told in the gospels, with very few variations from the made up story by the Romans. The Roman Church used it to control their Empire and still use it in an evil manner. The Egyptians even had Carols to celebrate their festivities on 25th December. The star however was the star of Horus aka Iosa and was Sirius.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Oprah is very likely more patriotic than any Christian. Exodus 20:4 specifically bans making any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or water under the earth. The American flag is full of stars, so it is just a matter of time before this religion attacks the flag. Similarly the Israeli Flag could be in for a stormy future.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Malankhkare

Malankhkare,

You do realize that although Moses was a Hebrew...he was raised in the House of Pharoah. He was not an ordinary Egyptian but of the inner court. He knew the seccrets of the temples..of the Priesthoods.

Yet we see no evidence of him following this pattern when he Lead the Exodus.

It is the same with the apostle Paul after his convrsiion. Paul was not an ordinary Hebrew as were the others. He was a very educated Hebrew ..educated as a pharisee...in the inner court...entrusted with great Hebrew knowlege and history ...yet we see him rejecting like Moses....much of what he had been taught before his conversion. Hence thet attempt of the other Hebrews to kill him.

Also ...there is nothing Christian about the American Flag. I dont know where you are getting the concept or implication that the flag is Christian.

THere are no symbols for Christianity...none..not a cross..not a bird..not anything. Especially not a christmas tree with a star or angel on top of it. There is no symbol for the Holy Spirit. All of those symbols are man made symbols.

The Israeli flag is two triangles ...one point up and the other point down..neither touching ...overlapping....one on top of the other. Nothing holy about it.

This is duality...this is occult paganism.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think Jesus is a hippy and looks similar to Tommy Chong. He is up in heaven right now holding a rock concert! The band is named Heaven's Angels and they all have big 80s rock hair! Chants of Jesus and hallelujah are heard from the crowd. Suddenly at the end of Jesus' powerful electric guitar solo, fireworks shoot up from the bottom of the stage and all the disciples appear! Then at intermission I stride through the pearly gates, Saint Peter is there and gives me a backstage pass. I go backstage to meet the son of god himself. When I spot Jesus he just waves and says "Glad you could make it. The next song was written by God and John Lennon. It will rock your soul!" He puts on his blue tinted glasses and gets ready to go on stage.

I much prefer that image of Jesus than one of fear and misconception. The last time I checked he loved democrats and republicans. I think he loves everybody that is good regardless of what they believe or their sexual orientation. I'm sure he even loves Oprah!

Jesus is my own personal Oprah.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion52

i]I much prefer that image of Jesus than one of fear and misconception. The last time I checked he loved democrats and republicans. I think he loves everybody that is good regardless of what they believe or their sexual orientation. I'm sure he even loves Oprah!

THe last time I checked...Jesus loved all the Father hath given him...not everyone....nor everyone who is good. He came to save sinners...sinners are not good. Very strange post you have made here.

To my limited knowlege in the Word there is no actual description of how he looked. There are some very limited descriptions in the Roman records in that he was hard to look upon...not a man pleasing to the eye. You would not recognize him in a particular crowd..he did not stand out so to speak.

So who is the guy witht the beard and long hair in all the pictures one so often sees??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

THe last time I checked...Jesus loved all the Father hath given him...not everyone....nor everyone who is good. He came to save sinners...sinners are not good. Very strange post you have made here.

Who sins? Everyone sins, but I think there is a chance for people to be forgiven. My post was meant to show that everyone has different opinions on religion. You have your view of Jesus, and I have mine. It's okay to think what you do, but it doesn't mean everyone has to be a carbon copy. I described Jesus the way I did in a spirit of fun!

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
well go, oprah! she's alright.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

omg,

the religion is a fearing system !!
then it's not the rules whitch makes our lifes better ??
n what do u know abt ur religion, just going to the church to mention ur sins ??

the three holly books (torah, Bible, Quran), have the exact mean of religions, i'v seen facts opened to the world these days, which is mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago, am i a muslim ?? yees i am, n i'm proud of my religion, cuz it's guides me to the right way, it says don't do the bad things, which u may think it's not bad, but when u look further ,u find ur religion is protecting u, not fearing u

omg, ppl

plz, look around u, this big organized world, has no creature ???
n if there is 1, is it a human !! noway,
look at the facts,
open ur eyes,
n find ur way,

now be4 2morrow,
i'm not a religion man, i'm some1 21 years old, n my major is Computer Programming, not religion, but i thank my god everyday, that he guided me, n grow me up in a great family, which makes me a man, uses his brain, n not gonna give him back as it was

thank god,

this is my e-mail if any 1 have a comment,
[email protected]

thx 4 reading.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I only viewed Oprah’s show on rare occasions and out of boredom, because I sensed she was an extremely arrogant and self-aggrandizing person. Many years ago, I noticed when a guest mentioned the name of Jesus, Oprah responded in an obvious condescending and demeaning manner. That made me sick. Another time, a crime victim was interviewed along with the person who committed the crime. [the person had already served prison time for the crime] When the victim said words of forgiveness to the person who had harmed her, Oprah interrupted and more or less said in a disparaging tone, “why do you want to do that?” I noticed Oprah would undermine white guests and with black guests just the opposite; she would be gushing. Oprah is a blatant black racist. Bon Jovi was a guest and gave Oprah a check for the New Orleans hurricane victims. Bon Jovi mentioned he was going to give a concert to raise money for charity. Oprah said something like, “For black people”. Bon Jovi said, “No, for all people”. Oprah also had as guest, Ellie Wiesel, and they took a tour of Concentration Camp. I knew it was coming; near the end of the program Oprah compared slavery to the holocaust. Slavery was totally evil and should not be tolerated any where in the world, however, as evil as it is, it is not the same as the holocaust. The holocaust was as extermination of people. Not to exploit them, but to murder them in 7/24 death camps and then throw them into the furnaces to burn. That’s the definition of holocaust: fire-sacrifice. Oprah speaks often of America’s Slavery past, but does she mention we had a Civil War to end it. Why does not Oprah bring to light the slavery that has been going for decades in Africa and the Middle East? Why doesn’t she help them or ask for help for them? Christians have helped them. She is a phony. Finally, Oprah has come out in the open with her Satanic beliefs. Her master is using her to reach the masses; she is his yielding vessel. I feel sorry for Oprah. She is owned by her master, the Evil One. Where is the poor women going to spend eternity; she is totally blinded to the truth.

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join