It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey Is Openly Trying To Destroy Biblical Christianity

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You're right, you can call yourself what you want to. You're a "New Age" Christian, not a "Fundamental Christian".

actively affirmed a fundamental set of Christian beliefs: the inerrancy of the Bible, Sola Scriptura, the virgin birth of Christ, the doctrine of substitutionary atonement, the bodily resurrection of Jesus, and the imminent personal return of Jesus Christ.

Definition

The Loving God did give you the free will to do what you want, you can deny Christ if that is how you truly feel.

“But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven” (Matt. 10:33)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

riggs2099, You would do well in stand-up comedy! Really...

Regarding your signature...be careful what you ask for...

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The biggest mind control experiment that was successful was religion. It set in place a bias. It set in place wars. It set in place mindless murders. It set in place money making opportunities. It set in place hatred, greed, lust, gluttony, Envy, pride, sloth, wrath, oh! and that was a good one. "Wrath". Do as you're told or the wrath of GOD will get you. Well what if you're innocent and the wrath of GOD took your child away with cancer, TB, AIDS etc...

Oprah is Oprah and she is entitled to her own opinion whether it be something people follow or dismiss. We got Oprah followers, Obama followers, Bono followers, Christian, Islamic, Baptist, Pentecostal, Ladder Day Saints, heck we even had Mansion followers. What happened to Individuality. In my opinion it was taken away by force when the government took your land and relocated you. It was taken away by the educational bills of government, it was taken away by ignorance that plagues our society. Oprah is a sensation not an education. She's part of the greed that if you agree with her then you are bound to be rich etc...

The only one who can take away Biblical Christianity is yourself. Quit following others and follow your heart, your mind and your soul. You just might enlighten yourself.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Amen OT.

On that note, God loved you so much He created you with the ability to spit in his face if that's what you desire.

I however don't envy that man's fate. Nor his life on this planet.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

religion of today is doing its own dark and evil things.. the main program is control by fear, i know someone else said this earlier, and they dont hesitate to change material, or rewirite biblical scripture to suit their ideas,, a moral compass is to be handed down by the parents not an orginisation whith more blood on its hands than charlie manson

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Solarskye,

You said, “The only one who can take away Biblical Christianity is yourself. Quit following others and follow your heart, your mind and your soul. You just might enlighten yourself.”

“…Follow your heart…”

Troubling, really sounds like a “High School Musical” theme song that I could do the 2-step to…

And very dangerous, my friend… “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings." Jeremiah 17:9-10

…yes…I trust this word…lived long enough, saw enough BS…I’m praying for you!

OT

[edit on 6-8-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If I am part of the dark forces, then so be it. If the light wins, I hope we get enough time to bring the religious all the pain and suffering we can. Make you want to die, which according to religion, wanting to die is a sin.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What makes you think that i have any solid beliefs aside from why i think jesus was here, there are other aspects to the story to question. Jesus is not the only princible involved in Christianity there are other factors.

Just because a person's beliefs have never changed regarding one thing does not mean that they have not explored other things. Perhaps during a persons exploration they haven't come across anything that has ever changed what they feel spiritually.

And you form your opinion that i am unable to understand anyone's else's beliefs based on what, solely your opinion ?

My opinion of Oprah sharing her beliefs are as simple as i stated, it has no effect on me what so ever as i don't believe she has anything that she truely believes in herself anymore. IMO she's like a parrot lately and just mimics whoever she's around.

As far as her sharing her "beliefs" with others my opinion is that is her right, just as it is their right to choose to listen to what she has to say, and my right to choose not to be intersted in what she has to say.

Hey who knows maybe one day she will actually believe in something again, and it might be something that interests me, but until then i don't feel she has anything to offer me while she is on a quest herself.

If you're a fan and find valuable information in what she says, and she is helping you on a quest then that's great. But we can't all be Oprah fans, and if you're insulted because i'm not and don't find a need for her help, i just don't know what to tell you.

You see we do have something in common, although it's not being Oprah fans, we were both raised Christians, although i must admit that i wasn't forced to go to church, so i don't think it was what most consider traditional.

So you were raised a Christian and chose not to believe. You believe that Jesus is a prophet, but not the son of God, and you don't believe that he died on the cross for our sins.

I was raised a Christian and also chose not to believe certain things. I believe Jesus was here to teach us, enlighten us, die for us, and that he is the son of God. However i have a hard time wrapping my mind around the part that says he IS God.

So what exactly is it that makes you feel that you are superior to me and that you are allowed an opinion, but are insulted by me having an opinion ? Or do you just believe that anyone that doesn't have the same opinion as you is not entitled to one ?

[edit on 6/8/08 by chise61]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

Originally posted by mproject
you cant have a relationship with God, without jesus. because jesus is God

Jesus is but one path to God, not the only. Even Christianity does not consider Jesus and God to be absolutely synonymous.

thankyou for your polite reply.

jesus said " the only way to the father, is through the son"

he is also says this:

Mat 7:13

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Jhn 16:27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
If I am part of the dark forces, then so be it. If the light wins, I hope we get enough time to bring the religious all the pain and suffering we can. Make you want to die, which according to religion, wanting to die is a sin.

LOL!!!!!!!!

So lemme get this straight....

You're going to send us to our God, something we all long for inside, as a form of punishment??????

Where is the line?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Look Annee you're free to believe whatever you like; but some beliefs are just plain wrong. You state that you don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God and yet God Almighty at the Transfiguration said Jesus was His Son. Are you calling God a liar? Your beliefs are ridiculous and deserve no better than a comic book fixture!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

T = The
H = Hapless
E = Entries
J = Just
O = Offend
K = Knowledge-able,
E =Educated
R = Readers

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Sorry, but you can take away everything I have but you can't take away what's in my heart and soul. Go ahead and pray for me if you wish. I just don't follow people and their " beliefs", I follow me. Oprah has hers and I have mine, except mine aren't beliefs, it's not faith. My heart and soul has passion and commonsense. " High School Musical " Whatever.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
chise61

Apology offered.

It was late - I was more tired then I thought - I did not read or comprehend your posts in a clear frame of mind.

Your posts are well thought out IMO. I find you actually quite logical and an asset to any discussion/forum.

I was raised in both Christianity and Metaphysics as early as the 1950s. A weak argument - but perhaps I was acting out like a child who's had years of abuse and ridicule.

I am very appreciative and thankful to have someone as prominent as Oprah bringing these beliefs and ideas to the mainstream public.

"there are truly those who walk in His footsteps" - - - Christ - the essence of Christ - the true message of Christ - does not put Christianity in a negative light - - only those who misuse it do. And this applies to all things - even that which I believe.

There are two eternities
that can really break you down
YESTERDAY & TOMORROW
one is gone & the other doesn't exist,
so live today.

Good Morning!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
It is absolutely true.

Oprah Winfrey is trying to use her celebrity status as a religious hammer that will destroy Biblical Christianity and redefine it into something else forever.

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no need for salvation?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no heaven?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that there is no hell?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that she is God, you are God, and "the light" is God?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that the Bible is not any more important than a whole bunch of other "religious" books?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that abortion is a good thing?

Do you realize that Oprah Winfrey is teaching that homosexuality is wonderful, and that those who say homosexuality is sin are those who are evil?

I know that not everyone on this forum will believe that these things are actually true, but they are stone cold accurate and you can actually watch Oprah Winfrey openly denying Jesus Christ for yourself:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

Oprah's right.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Apology accepted, we all have times when we're overtired, or just simply do not fully comprehend another's words.

I actually agree with your belief that it is a good thing that someone as prominant and well followed as Oprah is able to help people explore other avenues that they otherwise may not be exposed to.

I'm sure that you also understand that we all have times throughout our lives when we have our own demons to fight and must look inside ourselves for the answers. As well as times when we instinctively know that the path that another is trying to show us is not the right path for us to follow, nor is it the right person for us to use as an advisor.

Seems as though we were both lucky in our upbringing where religion is concerned. You were allowed to grow up knowing there was more than one option. I was brought up being taught the religion of my ancestors, while not having it forced upon me. I was allowed to choose whether or not to go to church, attend church with my friends of different beliefs, to make my own choices concerning my spiritual beliefs as it should be.

I also agree with your belief that Christianity used with the wrong intentions gives all Christianity a bad name. Jesus was here to enlighten and teach us, to help us see the way, not to force it upon us.

We actually may agree on more than you think we do, we were both posting on a thread the other day where we believe the same thing.

Good Afternoon, and have a good day

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Go Oprah! I never even liked Oprah much...but now I'm starting to if this is true....Help bring down this cult that has caused more harm to this world than any other...Down with King James and his "Christianity"!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm reading Tolle's new book right now; my friend bought it for me. I had had never previously heard of him but I like it so far.
As far as Oprah eroding or debasing a religion, well if she can be successful in that than maybe this religion is less than it appears. Do you think the divine can be destroyed by flesh and blood?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
GOOD FOR OPRAH! I'm glad she is trying to change christianity. The christians took over pagan beliefs back in the day. Eye for an Eye..RIGHT??

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic

Somebody better do something about biblical Christianity because the people who claim it don't follow its leader.

They say everything opposite to what Jesus said and they claim he said it. They follow paul the pharisee instead of jesus the christ.

Jesus was a radical and paul was a bureaucrat and christians cant tell the diff.

sarc

Sarc,

You do realize that what you state about Jesus being a radical does not make good nonsense when one reviews the history....correct??

The Radicals were the leadership of the Hebrew people. ...they were the ones he rebuked over and over...for being disobedient. Disobedient means they were conducting themselves in a manner other than they were instructed or claimed to be doing. Hence they were Radical. The Hebrew leadership is even recorded as secrretly switching doctrine and practice and overlaying it on the Law of Moses as if it was in fact the Law of Moses ...it was no such thing. In otherwords they were counterfitting the instructions...hence they were radicals.
This also means that they had privily and secretly switched gods and were not following the God of Abraham, Issac ,and Jacob. This is clear to those who know the word and the history.

For Radicals you can also substitute the word Revolutionary. Jesus was never radical nor revolutionary.

Remember something further and also important ...the very same Hebrew Radicals/Revolutionarys who plotted to kill Jesus and succeded in putting him on the cross....also plotted to kill the Apostle Paul...and for similar reasons. Because Paul knew all thier dirty laundry..having at one time been a Pharisee himself. For he knew exactly how and why they were Radical.
Paul...more than any other Apostle ..knew the Olde Testament...better than any other. Hence his is the one to teach the differences in the Olde and New Testament...and the change in the Testament as a result of what happened on the cross....The changing of the Testament...the last will and testament..put into effect by the death of the Testator. None of the other Apostles even attempt to make this definition or clarity.

Little wonder so many intellgences must put Paul on the back burner and put us under Olde Testament Bondage..to make an Ishmaelite out of us rather than after Issac. To have us follow Esau rather than Jacob. This is counterfitting. And I know the name of the Counterfitter..by name.

Some of the posters are correct in stating that many Chrstians dont understand such concepts....but it is also clear that many unbelievers also do not. They get over on alot of Christians by misquoting and misdirecting .

For example...the Bible and Jesus do not teach tolerance. If this were so than why would we be instructed to seperate from the unclean thing??
What the Bible does teach is to be meek and mild in many things. But it also teachs that we are the Salt of the Earth..not the sugar.

IF we do not judge ..how do we know to seperate from the unclean thing. We must be able to make Rightious Judgements. We must be very careful in our judgements. Also how would we know to put out one who is disobedient from the Church....unless we know and are able to Judge.
Many non believers attempt to get over on Believers with attempts at logic like this..and it works on Believers still on milk and not strong meat.

While we can be meek and mild ..we are also of the Salt of the Earth.and it is not our Salt ..as it is not our Glory.

I dont watch Oprah or any of that genre of programming. All I have to do is ask myself are they teaching the Salt of the Earth or the sugar. ARe they promoting meekness and mildness or confusion. Are they making merchandize of people??

Orangetom

[edit on 7-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join