It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else have this feeling?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Does any of you get the feeling that there won't be any real disclosure in our lifetimes? I am only 16 and I feel with the amount of hoaxes lately its getting a bit disheartening, and I constantly feel no alien contact will come while I am living.

So... does anyone else feel this way?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
yea I think your wrong, it'll happen soon I have a dream about it every night I think the aliens will visit you soon buddy keep the windows locked lulz

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Please try your best not to be sarcastic in my threads, I am being serious y'know

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well on the one hand as you said there are many hoaxes, lots of disinformation and too many debunkers for it to seem realistic for there to be disclosure any time soon. Buuuut on the other here in the UK there's been a little more news coverage of this stuff and Phoenix on Mars has discovered water which could mean life and could be part of a gradual programme of discolsure, so as not to shock us.

I personally subscribe to the second hand as I wish to maintain hope

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't think a disclosure will happen because I think there is nothing to disclose.

Even if there is, I don't think that we are seeing signs of a possible disclosure, I don't see how the events that are discussed here on ATS and ignored by the majority could help the government disclose any information about Aliens and/or UFOs.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
On boards like this, and many others, you will see a lot of ignorant folks scream "disclosure is coming" from the roof tops every time they see a news article about UFO's, a cracked out astronaut say something that is taken out of context, an energizer battery commercial with an alien in it, a seven grade math school book with humorous alien picture in it...you get the idea.

There is no such thing as disclosure. Most beginners in this subject, or ignorant long timers interested in this subject, need to believe that someone, somewhere is holding all the cards of truth and they will eventually be forced or coerced into revealing their hand.

It doesn't work like that. There are no downed UFO's, there is no government + alien contact or co-operation...there is nothing they can disclose other than stuff you can get online everyday..and that is nothing but fuzzy pictures and useless eyewitness testimony.

How do I know this?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Good question.

On the one hand there's been alot of buzz about UFO's lately.

However I have the nagging suspicion that nothing will ever be disclosed. Unless of course some huge ufo is captured on video and aired on CNN. Something that can't be proved to be a fake. Only then will we have disclosure.
Otherwise I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think we'll hear about the discovery of a planet that's capable of supporting life before there's any official disclosure. With NASA's Next Generation Space Telescope we'll be able to see planets orbiting other stars and measure the contents of their atmospheres. I think we'll discover a habitable planet first, and then shortly thereafter they'll announce the discovery of intelligence life...which really won't be much a discovery at all because we already know it exists.

That's how they'll break the news I think.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Im not entusiastic about disclosure happening anytime soon, people have been saying that disclosure is just around the corner for ages. I have attached an interview with Steven Spielberg from 1977, thats 31 years ago, where he entusiasticly exclaims he believes disclosure is just around the corner by president Carter (about 2:40).

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
Does any of you get the feeling that there won't be any real disclosure in our lifetimes? I am only 16 and I feel with the amount of hoaxes lately its getting a bit disheartening, and I constantly feel no alien contact will come while I am living. So... does anyone else feel this way?

I didn't used to think that way. Back in 1967, I thought we'd figure this UFO stuff out long before we made it to the Moon. But that sure didn't happen, even with people like Maj. Donald Keyhoe writing his own "disclosure" books and people getting good, sharp flying saucer photos. And that was back in the day when we pretty much all agreed it was aliens.

Now we don't know what's going on. The alien scenario seems less and less likely as more time passes and still no good proof shows up. If it was only aliens, they would have been more obvious.

So as I enter my later years, I certainly get the impression that the whole UFO question is not going to reach a resolution before I die, and not only that, I sometimes feel as though it may not be understandable to us puny humans at all. That it involves some way of looking at reality we can't hack.

I could be wrong, though. Some kind of solution might present itself tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I feel something is coming but that may be down to the fact that I am wanting it to and you see a lot of information, some times its hard to filter.

Like everything we just have to wait and see, be at peace with yourself and others and let the universe take care of the rest my man.

Peace

(Ps just ignore reptillianbiode, seen some of his other posts tonight and he is just slating everyone).

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yes, I see that... oh well guess only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
On boards like this, and many others, you will see a lot of ignorant folks scream "disclosure is coming" from the roof tops every time they see a news article about UFO's, a cracked out astronaut say something that is taken out of context, an energizer battery commercial with an alien in it, a seven grade math school book with humorous alien picture in it...you get the idea.

There is no such thing as disclosure. Most beginners in this subject, or ignorant long timers interested in this subject, need to believe that someone, somewhere is holding all the cards of truth and they will eventually be forced or coerced into revealing their hand.

It doesn't work like that. There are no downed UFO's, there is no government + alien contact or co-operation...there is nothing they can disclose other than stuff you can get online everyday..and that is nothing but fuzzy pictures and useless eyewitness testimony.

How do I know this?

I'll bite!

How do you know this? Or is it just your opinion?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There have definitely been downed UFOs, but nobody has any proof of downed alien spaceships.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Public at large disclosure is different then personal disclosure. I have seen a ufo, however, it may have been a remote controlled blimp or other unknown craft of earthy origin. I KNOW there is life elsewhere in the universe because I have seen how persistant and tenacious life is here on Earth. It's everywhere. So for me personally I have had "disclosure".

Even if "the government" were to disclose that there was alien life etc etc etc you have to know that a certain portion of the population will be in utter disbelief and looking for conspiracies as to why the government would fake the prescence of alien life. There is already a theory that asteroid and alien threats are going to be the next cause for the build up of the war machine after we get over this "terrorist" obsession. See my sig for that link.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not at all as a matter of fact I had a dream last night that it started and I turned to my husband and said I told you so!

Edited to add.. keep an eye on the emerging info coming from Mars and Nasa.

If my dream was correct it is going to come funneled through the Mars research.

Of course it is just a scapegoat for letting us know what we already know without having to admit all that they know.

Ya that made no sense to me either but you know it kind of did in a small way.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well if it's answers you're looking for, there are plenty of them out there already. Just pick one and go from there.

But if you want the truth, buy a jimi hendrix album.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Disclosure if it comes will have to be handled carefully.

Ufo's and Aliens "are real" and the best way to hide something is right out in the open. The computer has done the trick, they (humans) can put it all here on the www and then debunk it, it's a game.

As far as the contact that some of you might expect such as landing and helping I don't think so, as I was told by them:

We will only confer one time to interfere and that is if you are about to destroy Earth for if you destroy Earth you would destroy our "Laboratory." (close enough)

Interfere is an interesting word and can be interrupted in different ways if you choose to.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Well, I'm your age, and I feel the opposite.

There have been equal, if not MORE, 'genuine' (unable to be debunked) alien/UFO sightings along with crop circles.

I think I feel their approach...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't believe disclosure will happen as far as the government (or whoever is in 'control') spilling their secrets and admitting what they know.......but I do believe something will happen which will be witnessed by too many people to be covered up or explained. I mean mass sightings of UFOs and/or extraterrestial beings....think 'Independence Day' when that enormous ship hovers over the White House and there is no doubt that it is here and it is very, very real. The Government/NASA/whoeveer suposedly 'knows things' will never willingly make this information available to the public. I would be suspicious if they did. It would hint at a distraction for something much bigger that is being concealed. But there have been many sightings of UFOs recently, though not always reported by MSM. If UFOs are indeed being piloted by alien beings, it is time that they made their presence known....they've been watching for so long, they must have intentions of revealing themselves. It is only a matter of time, IMHO....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join