It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOYOTA reinvents the Segway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

TOYOTA reinvents the Segway

www.physorg.com

It is designed to stop easily with little pressure, pivot full-circle and go smoothly over bumps on roads. And it is designed to respond almost intuitively - moving forward when you lean to the front, and turning when you sway to the right or left, similar to skiing. One of three models shown comes with a protruding handle that can be grabbed and used like a steering wheel.

Toyota executive Takeshi Uchiyamada, who zipped around on a Winglet as though he was on a skateboard, said the company is experimenting with new ways of mobility as part of a company strategy to spread robotics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Mall securtiry guards around the world are excited!!!

I cant wait for someone to invent something like the Segway or this new "winglet" that actually doesn't make the rider look like a complete tool.

I remember when the Segway came out and everyone was like "oooh this is how everyone will be traveling down the road now"

But in reality it's just come down to "Hey look at those morons on the segways"

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
what the hell is wrong with walking?

in my opinion this is for overweighted cops.

edit - spelling

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They are real silly, i suppose it is ok if you need to get somewhere in a building quickly(if they can go faster than running)

i think it would be neat if cops starting wearing those skate shoes.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Indeed at least with that they get the exercise and condition they need.

I have read a report once about that a lot didn't had a good enough condition.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
On paper, it seems like a good idea to me. It's basically just a motorized wheelchair with a very small footprint. Seeing it though, it lacks handlebars, or really any convincing means of staying on it save for gripping part of it with one's thighs. I really don't think that's plausible for the elderly.

It's like a far less capable, and hopefully far cheaper segway. I doubt it'll catch on, but hey, maybe this one will be just that cheap. If it enters production at all, that is.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Future of segway?

Need more be said?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
Future of segway?

Need more be said?

Brilliant!! Your now my friend.

(In the interest of not writing one line replies, I am writing this...make sense?)

top topics

join