It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples of the Obama Cult Effect

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Wake up and smell coffee. There is no solid reason the cost of helathcare is bankrupting business and families as it does now.

donde conozco los illegal immigrantes?
sorry if that dont translate its been a few since spanish class...

i agree it could be solved very quickly, and the government wont do it anyway. but kickin "hesus" to the border would do wonders for our healthcare system.

90% of americans want the borders secured...but neither barak or juan mccain will do anything about it. why?

because the global corporations like the cheap labor force they can extort at the american taxpayers exspence. if your puttin your trust in either barak or juan mccain get ready for hour and a half waits at the ER.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

First, I don't think the immigration alone is cause of the problem, although it does contribute (the scale of rising costs is higher than the scale of immigration influx).

Second, it was McCain who was such a ridiculous supporter of AMNESTY for illegals, although of course now he wants you to forget his prior position, which indicated to me he was either a lunatic or a traitor. Obama does not have such record.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

ummm dude did you look at my avatar? i dont support mccain. why do people always assume that if you dont like obama you must love mccain. i hate them both. they are both fake. they are both typical politicians. and they both will take this country to hell. i will not vote for either of them.

i just want people to realize they are the same thing. few mccain supporters really feel he is great for the country, but (not all) alot of obama people really believe obama is some sort of new thing when he is just tragically more of the same. thats why i created the thread.

believe me i think juan mccain is a joke...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
still doubt this is cultish?
still skeptical? well im pleased to provide the latest installment. obama "the lightworker"
another appalingly disgusting media sermon on obama being an "enlightened being" good god. im begining to wonder myself if lightning shoots from obamas fingertips...

Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.

-San Francisco Gate columnist Mark Molford

www.sfgate.com.../g/a/2008/06/06/notes060608.DTL

i need a stack of airplane barfbags near my computer...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

obviously you havnt read this thread at all. if you had you would notice i have been quite respectful of others opinions even if i disagree with them.
but as i have said from the begining i have no repect for the brainwashed.

Well I'm just going to stick to the facts. You've clearly made up your mind on how you feel, and no amount of substance to back yourself up other than equally biases sources. You and two or 3 other people here keep recycling the exact same information over and over again, no matter how many times we disprove or debunk it.

i got mad when MaynardisGod came in here and started spouting off how all presidential canidates are related and he completely ignored the barak obama is related to cheney and bush. its so ignorant i couldnt stand it.

At least you show a glimmer of hope. Keep it up!

where in this thread did i say barak obama is too liberal? hmm? oh yeah NEVER.

My response wasn't directed just at you. I just find it ironic that you describe him as being 'just more of the same' when he is one of the most liberal politicians to run for office in a long, long time.

i have a problem with him being sold out to corporations, just like john mccain not with wether he wears a red tie or a blue tie.

Again, more rhetoric with nothing to back it up. Sold out to what corporations? how? Do you know the full story? Is your 'source' another deluded Obama hater? It's true there are ridiculous people out there that formed a 'pied-piper' cult like following, but it seems alot of people have done the exact same thing on the other end. You sound exactly like a brain washed anti-obamanite. Are you any better than the cultists?

i guess this kind of intellectual perspective is way over your head, like i said there are 19,79,271,894,718,947 other rightwing leftwing threads if you want to throw partisan bull crap around. oh yeah and the thread is loaded with examples of obama cultism but just because you dont like the conclusion you ignore them... thats called cognative dissonance look it up.

Ahh yes, when you feel your back is up against the wall, puff up your chest and try to look bigger than you are. Do you really think statements like, "this kind of intellectual perspective is way over your head" is going to affect me? Does it make you feel better to try to put other people down and metaphorically raise yourself above them? The loads of examples of obama cultism has been proven over and over to either be false, made up by McCain's PR, exaggerated, or from true brainwashed cultists (there aren't as many as you think, but yes, they're out there).

wrong again, mccain was born in panama. the constitution says a president must be born on american soil. no one knows where barak was born till he decides to show if his birth certificate was forged or not, many exsperts say it was, so until he relases it for review the jury is out on him.

Semi-true. www.snopes.com...
Bottom line: He was born on Panama soil as the son of a US Serviceman who was on orders to be there from the US Government. He was on a US-owned installation at the time of his birth, which is generally considered US soil. If you want to be absolutely technical about it, then yes he is ineligible. But does that meet the intent of the Constitution? I could also therotically take away your guns, and if you complain about it, I could hand you a stuffed teddy bear. It is your right to 'bear arms' after all. Come on, use your head.

About Obama being ineligible, that is outright false.
Source: www.snopes.com...

Look, I agree the cultism thing is ridiculous. But look at it objectively. McCains PR has done an excellent job blowing it out of proportion. You've become his unwitting tool. Congrats!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I wasn't complaining about capitalism at all. I just said look what happens when you allow the government to have a hand it it. I have no complaints about my position. I do pretty well. All my bills are paid and I don't have to sell my things or choose between food or medicine. I don't understand how the point was taken out of context but I am sorry it was. Simple fact of the matter is the government runs the Medicare system. I guess it is pretty easy to say that people make too much money so something needs to be done to stop it. But why is it our governments job to hold the hand of the American people and not allow them to take the blame for anything they do? If I go to buy your house but I lie to you about how much money I make so now I"m not able to pay you who's fault is that? is it the American tax payers because I committed a fraud on my forms? It must be because they would be the ones making sure I don't have to go back to the old trailer or apartment. It's not my fault I was a liar. It's not your fault for not checking my answers.

Helping people is great. I live in the country. We as people do that all the time around here. Someone loses a home to a fire you will see people band together top help them rebuild. Not the federal government. Just people.

People want to see more laws? why not start with those "city folk" that let a man hot by a car lay in the road while walking past him refusing to help him. I remember seeing a tape a few months ago..People just walk by. Because it wasn't their fault

I guess I show my age a little by saying I remember Jimmy Carter....HeH..and people say Bush was the worst we've had in the White House. He meant well but failure is littered with good intentions.

In closing I have no problem with capitalism at all. I'm sure anyone that owns a business in America today is not going to set prices under market value. If you think it's too much then try to effect the market. I said for months gas prices would fall a good bit and soon because the market couldn't support it the way it was going. I paid $3.55 for gas today but didn't fill up being it is still dropping. It will stop when the market shows that it is willing to support it.

Sorry for the horrible spelling..It's late, my eyes are crossing and I've been a little sick. I have for the most part loved this conversation though. For the people that don't resort to name calling to get a point across I commend you all. It don't matter the side you take. As long as you take that side like a grown person with a little education and class. I hope to have not offended anyone. I look forward to this and many more of these talks in the future.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by DrumJunkie]

[edit on 8/7/2008 by DrumJunkie]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sage08

Well I'm just going to stick to the facts. You've clearly made up your mind on how you feel, and no amount of substance to back yourself up other than equally biases sources. You and two or 3 other people here keep recycling the exact same information over and over again, no matter how many times we disprove or debunk it.

Ive used major newspapers, mcnbc, video and cnn transcripts to back up my point. i have news sources for everything ive posted. nothing is from "rons anti-obama emporium.com". what claim have i made that you think i have not sufficeintly documented? because all of these things are fact not opinion. again i ask what has been debunked? BH thought she debunked some of what i said only to be proven wrong. please speak in specifics so i can prove whatever you feel is insufficently documented.

My response wasn't directed just at you. I just find it ironic that you describe him as being 'just more of the same' when he is one of the most liberal politicians to run for office in a long, long time.

it has nothing to do with conservative and liberal. it has to do with the fact that obama is bought and paid for by the same big coporations he claims to rally against. obama is not alone in this regard, mccain does the same thing. all politicians who end up getting eleceted in our system end up being "corporate canidates" this is what i cant stand. i have liberal and conservative views, and in this election both canidates are actually liberal, so it dosnt reall matter. i just hate corruption, not wether there is a "D" or an "R" after the canidates name.

what sources do i have?
www.sourcewatch.org.../Campaign_Financing#Lobbyist_contributions

Obama backed down from an earlier pledge that lobbyists "will not work in my White House" after the media questioned its feasibility. He then said that lobbyists would not "dominate" or "run" his administration but acknowledged that they would "have a seat at the table".

corrupt. simple as that. "but all politicians do that" you may say. thats precisely my point. obama is a typical politician not the messiah he pretends to be.

The loads of examples of obama cultism has been proven over and over to either be false, made up by McCain's PR, exaggerated, or from true brainwashed cultists.

please speak in specifics. specifically what has been debunked that i have posted? if it turns out i am truly incorrect and obama didnt say something i said he said, or his supporters didnt say something i thought they said i promise i will apologize and take the quote down. no one has done that yet. they just all spout off about how i am biased without any evidence when i clearly dislike both canidates. thank you for admitting there are obama cultists out there, now we are making progress.

Look, I agree the cultism thing is ridiculous. But look at it objectively. McCains PR has done an excellent job blowing it out of proportion. You've become his unwitting tool. Congrats!

i dont care about mccains PR. im just saying cultlike behavior dosnt belong in politics. how many times have i made fun of mccain in this thread? at least 20 times anyone that read it would not feel wonderful about him afterwards. the whole purpose of this thread is to take obama off his throne so people can vote soberly and level headed, note vote out of religious ecstasy.

like i said earlier:
"so the moral of this whole story is no matter who you vote for be skeptical and guarded. both of them are snakes, and if you cant use reason and logic in your vote making process do us all a favor and stay home on election day. i dont need a bunch of members of jonestown drinking koolaide at the polls. this country is in enough trouble already... "

so please tell me which of my sources are incorrect. in some ways it sounds like you agree about the cultism but then you engage in partisan rehtoric. please stay level headed when you look at the evidence.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
BH thought she debunked some of what i said only to be proven wrong.

Oh, no, no, no! That is incorrect, sir!

I am absolutely and completely bored with your attempts at making your obsession with Obama look like someone else's problem.

Talk to your pastor. You might find that this obsession reveals some interesting things about yourself.

Bored now...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

ok you may be bored but you have not debunked anything i have said.
maybe the facts bore you. the facts are that the obama campagin and the media ARE fostering a atmospehere of messianism, and trying to create cult following among SOME obama followers.

If it bores you so much why are you posting in here that your "bored"?
im sure there is some "Obama is tha bestest canidate evar" thread somewhere.

cognative dissonance. read up on it. open your mind.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

the facts are that the obama campagin and the media ARE fostering a atmospehere of messianism, and trying to create cult following among SOME obama followers.

Is that a fact????
Wow.

When you use Fox News word of the week.....it kinda make you look like YOU are the one "fostering a atmosphere" of "messianic (there's your word)" behavior.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

am i lying? what have i posted that is not true? do you have any evidence? tell me what i have posted that was not actually said and i will apologize and take it down.
and yes messianism is a word. thats a fact, i did not just make it up. and if you can honestly tell me you can look at all the evidence that i have provided and say there is no evidence of cultish behavior in the obama campaign, than i would say you might want to look in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

am i lying? what have i posted that is not true? do you have any evidence? tell me what i have posted that was not actually said and i will apologize and take it down.
and yes messianism is a word. thats a fact, i did not just make it up. and if you can honestly tell me you can look at all the evidence that i have provided and say there is no evidence of cultish behavior in the obama campaign, than i would say you might want to look in the mirror.

Slow down there.......I never said you were lying.....I didn't ever give any credit to what you were saying in the first place.
You can not take your own opinion/ Sean Hannity's opinion and combine it with a political "trigger" word, and call it fact.
Your "proof" is nothing more than labeling supporters of a group you disagree with as "cult like" for banding together and showing support.

As far as lookin' in the mirror....I like what I see. I don't have the deaths of over a million people hanging on my conscience by supporting warmongers. How you sleeping?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Slow down there.......I never said you were lying.....I didn't ever give any credit to what you were saying in the first place.

well refusing to look at evidence before you come to your conclusion sounds like cult behavior. once again cognitive dissonance, read up on it.

You can not take your own opinion/ Sean Hannity's opinion and combine it with a political "trigger" word, and call it fact.

i loathe sean hannity and do not listen to him at all. i came to this conclusion by non objectivly looking at the two campaigns. mccains campaign sucks. obamas campaign sucks, but he has a bunch of people caught up in this brainwashed cult state thinking he is diffrent. that is what i have an issue with. people not thinking logically. not who they support.

if you logically come to the conclusion that obama is the best canidate after looking at what he stands for i am fine with that. my problem lies with the zombies that take every word he says as some sort of "new gospel" (to quote chris matthews)

Your "proof" is nothing more than labeling supporters of a group you disagree with as "cult like" for banding together and showing support.

no my proof is documented quotes from the obama campaign and his supporters that liken him to the messiah. if you have an issue with anything i have written i ask you to show me documents showing im wrong because everything i have is backed up by documents. what do you have? "hope"? well the real world dosnt run on hope. research whats going on. i assure you obama is more of the same old same old. he is the exact same thing as mccain. a corporate canidate.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

but he has a bunch of people caught up in this brainwashed cult state thinking he is diffrent. that is what i have an issue with. people not thinking logically. not who they support.

Is it at all possible that people are sick of the crap they have endured for the last decade, and really are ready to just turn the page on a crappy last few years???

Even the littlest bit??

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Speaking of cult-like.... how's about this:

""Our goal is to see a crowd of 75,000 people at Obama's nomination speech holding their hands above their heads, fingers laced together in support of a new direction for this country, a renewed hope, and acceptance of responsibility for our future," says Rick Husong, owner of The Loyalty Inc. Husong tells me that he got the idea after seeing the famous Obama-Progress poster by artist Shepherd Fairey. "We wanted to get involved some way," he says. So, the agency came up with their own a symbol of hope and progress that also plays off Obama's name."

When I look at it, I see a totally different meaning. For a candidate so enamored with himself, I guess a hole makes sense.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by toughluck]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Come on Republic,,, none of ever really get to know our leaders. I have read Obamas books...

You guys should

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i have read every post in this thread...

allot of obama fans disagree...say they debunked ect...

but none has debunked the op...he has posted FACT'S..all reply's to so call debunk have failed.

so apparently either the religious undertone of barrack obama campaign and follower's is true.

or in all these post's there would be poof of the fact it is not wouldn't you think?

so basically in a way to argue fact's..the man has set forth before you with no proof to back up your own debunk's.

is not this website's motto "Deny Ignorance"
it's not called "Following Ignorance"

the op has showed you proof sorry guy's.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by toughluck

wow another amazing example of cultlike creepiness among some obama worshippers. that type of thing is a perfect example of cult of personality. speaking of cult of personality read this quote from wikipedia:

A cult of personality or personality cult arises when a country's leader uses mass media to create a heroic public image through unquestioning flattery and praise. Cults of personality are often found in dictatorships but can be found in some democracies as well.

...Generally, personality cults are most common in regimes with totalitarian systems of government, that seek to radically alter or transform society according to revolutionary new ideas. Often, a single leader becomes associated with this revolutionary transformation, and comes to be treated as a benevolent "guide" for the nation, without whom the transformation to a better future cannot occur. This has been generally the justification for personality cults that arose in totalitarian societies of the 20th century, such as those of Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler.

en.wikipedia.org...

wow! is anyone else freaked out yet after reading that? if not you should be... maybe re-read it a few times. the thing i find most intresting is the talk of the leader being a new "guide" into a new way of thinking. that theme is definatly in some of the quotes i have posted earlier. notice that in cults of personality mass media plays an important role. the media is used to brainwash the people into the cult way of thinking. use your brains people! dont be decieved!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

OT, but...

Love the Avatar

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Look,
... the "religious undertones" are a figment of imagination made up in some room full of tiny-minded sexually oppressed "conservatives" who hate their own candidate as much as or more than Obama and need to resort to these types of personal character attacks in an attempt to deflect attention from the rift in their own party. By following this kind of example...I say it is YOU that is displaying "cult like behavior". I see the "conservative" party use these band-wagon key words all the time, and frankly am not the least bit surprised.

Go ahead you guys.....keep grasping. It really is not helping your cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join