It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples of the Obama Cult Effect

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

oh well you came around. very good, thats nice to see. it dosnt matter if he was "joking" because it is just one peice of a delibratly fostered attitude of messianism. its creating the feel of it. and if you add that to all the other things ive shown id say it has had the exact effect the campaign wanted.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
And here is part of it. You can see it's a jovial mood, he's joking around with the organizer and the audience is laughing...

Unfortunately it ends right before he says the quote above, but I'm sure any reasonable person can see that he's joking around.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

well it didnt end by accident it was deleated right before he made those comments. its quite obvious whats going on...especially when that video was on the internet unedited several months ago. they say there is a bit of truth in every joke. hiding brainwashing in humor is a common tactic.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i really dont know why i bother.

I don't either. What are you hoping to accomplish? Even if there WAS a cult, do you think you could convince the "followers" to listen to you?

I haven't "come around" to anything. I had to do my own research because I can't trust anything you guys say. And I found Obama joking with the crowd. If that's the point you're trying to make, then point made. But you have not proven there is cult of Obama followers, just Obama haters.
They post on this board like a disease! They are obsessed! You are one of their leaders!

I'm off now. If Obama joking with the crowd is your proof that he's illicit in forming a cult... then I guess you're just going to have to think that.

Good luck with your purpose and cause.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
exactly my point! his cult members cant see that they are entranced in obama induced fanatical bliss! i might as well be arguing with members of jonestown or something. obama cultists are impervious to truth in all its forms! like lemmings from a cliff they blissfully follow their leader...

did i say anything untrue in this post? no everything was documented but from the responces i got you would think i was trying to convince people the world was flat and the moon made of cheese. the saddest part of this exsperiment is not only that a substantial portion of the population and hollywood are caught up in the obama rapture, but many members of this board as well.

so the moral of this whole story is no matter who you vote for be skeptical and guarded. both of them are snakes, and if you cant use reason and logic in your vote making process do us all a favor and stay home on election day. i dont need a bunch of members of jonestown drinking koolaide at the polls. this country is in enough trouble already...

good greif, just use your brains people!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

This is NOT TRUE. It was debunked in THIS post on page 2 of this thread. Do you understand? He DIDN'T SAY it.

Uh, he actually did. There are at least 7 credible sources that heard him say it. Do you want me to post all of them?

transcripts.cnn.com...
slate.com...
blog.washingtonpost.com...
news.cnet.com...
i.abcnews.com...
fairproxy.com...

My job is to be so persuasive that if there’s anybody left out there who is still not sure whether they will vote, or is still not clear who they will vote for, that a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany … and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama, the Democrat said in Hanover.

In fact, the CNN article notes it was REMOVED from the transcript of his speech. Thats a lot of sources for something he didn't say.

After those 2 I stopped reading. You have LOST ALL credibility with me. You actually lost it a long time ago, but I try to give people a second and third chance. But you have totally blown your credibility with me.

To be perfectly honest, I could care less. My mom always told me, "consider the source".

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Ok, wtf?
Obama Cult? Last time I checked, people love him because he doesn't promise to continue the same BS that the Bush campaign has been pushing on us for the past 8 years.
**The reason why so many people say "when you look back on this time you will remember the time before obama and the time "After" obama" is because he is taking the presidency after the WORST president in American History!!!! He is taking on the hardest presidency that has ever been faced, and has so many messed up things to FIX that the BUSH ADMINISTRATION totally screwed up. THAT is why he will be one of the most famous presidents that ever lived, simply because he has the balls to TRY and fix this country, unlike McCain who WANTS to CONTINUE with the same path we have been on for 8 years.

IF you want to relate ANYONE TO HITLER, you better be naming GEORGE W. BUSH JR.

TELL ME, WHY DOES BUSH QUOTE HITLER IN A DIRECT SPEECH TO MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ALL WATCHING WITH HOPE FOR SECURITY AFTER 9/11:

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps too insure our domestic securtiy, our homeland." -George W. Bush???? Yes, George said that, 50 YEARS AFTER HITLER SAID THE EXACT SAME THING WORD FOR WORD.

Bush is the new hitler, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY EVEN REMOTELY RELATE OBAMA TO HITLER? BECAUSE PEOPLE LOVE HIM? FOOOOOLS ALL OF YOU

[edit on 6-8-2008 by MaynardisGod]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

obama cultists are impervious to truth in all its forms! like lemmings from a cliff they blissfully follow their leader...

did i say anything untrue in this post?

thats funny, you sound like someone who blissfully followed bush into the WORST PRESIDENCY IN HISTORY

actually you know nothing of truth, please use DIGG.COM for your news, you will find that not only is everything McCain says about Obama completely false, EVERYONE AGREES WITH OBAMA and says McCain is a LIAR and a RACIST. Yes, he only just stopped using the word "Gook" publicly in speaches like he has done for the past 30 years.
EVEN REPUBLICANS ARE SIDING WITH OBAMA< LOTS OF THEM< MORE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!************

If anyone doesn't give the truth, its McCain, Obama is simply someone the american people CAN RELATE TO.. HE IS NOT AN ELISTIST LIKE EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT

**By the way, if your so smart, did you know that a majority of our presidents since the establishment of the united states have all been related by BLOOD? The 4-8 year presidential term is merely a silly cover to keep americans busy and to keep american's thinking that their votes actually mean something, when CLEARLY the 2004 election campaign that BUSH OFFICIALLY LOST eventually went to BUSH because of illegal and criminal acts taken by the bush administration in the whole cluster-fuhk we called an election

Clearly you are some southerner who still thinks our constitution actually means anything, BUSH and McCain CLEARLY have shown that the constitution is completely IRRELEVANT in their eyes, BUSH should be on trial for war crimes and McCain should be on trial for misleading a country into believing anthrax came from Iraq when it was really an inside job by some guy who committed suicide because he knew that the same people that hired him to send the anthrax were going to lock him away or kill him(which probably actually happend since suicide was ruled out yet the FBI refuse to listen or change their current story that has gripped the nation that eats CNN's words like the Fatty Steaks that kill them everyday

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MaynardisGod

By the way, if your so smart, did you know that a majority of our presidents since the establishment of the united states have all been related by BLOOD?

by the way if youre so smart did you know barak obama is related to DICK CHENEY and GEORGE BUSH? no? you didnt know that did you? yeah obama is something diffrent isnt he? and george bushes family tree goes back to the ancient kings of europe. i agree with you its cruddy they are all related, BUT obama is no DIFFRENT!
www.nypost.com...

i hate how people come in this thread and just spout off a bunch of biased bull crap thinking obama is even a hair diffrent than the rest of the corperate clowns we have as president. he is the same damn thing, to every last detail. there is no change. there is no hope.

and for the 5,345,436,363 time I HATE GEORGE BUSH!!! and i agree with you every election nothing happens any diffrent. and yes i do think our constitution means something, and if you dont think it does get the %$#% out of my country! the sad thing is neither barak or mccain is eligible by the constitution to be president, but it just shows how the corporate elite show utter contempt for the people of this nation.

the purpose of this thread was never to build up the republicans or mccain or bush. the republicans are sell outs. the purpose of this thread is to show people barak is no new messiah. he is the same old damn same old. he is a corporate canidate clown who hates our country (just like mccain) if you follow him blindly you will take this whole country to hell.

i ask people to use logic and reason in this thread and all i get is emotion driven bull crap thrown at me....do some research!
your savior is just as crappy as the rest of them!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

by the way if youre so smart did you know barak obama is related to DICK CHENEY and GEORGE BUSH? no? you didnt know that did you? yeah obama is something diffrent isnt he? and george bushes family tree goes back to the ancient kings of europe. i agree with you its cruddy they are all related, BUT obama is no DIFFRENT!
www.nypost.com...

i hate how people come in this thread and just spout off a bunch of biased bull crap thinking obama is even a hair diffrent than the rest of the corperate clowns we have as president.

Hypocrital statement. You've been spouting off a bunch of biased bull crap this entire thread.

he is the same damn thing, to every last detail. there is no change. there is no hope.

But he keeps getting criticized for being 'too liberal' yet he's the same damn thing? More hypocrisy, you clearly have another agenda since you provide very little substance to your ranting.

and for the 5,345,436,363 time I HATE GEORGE BUSH!!! and i agree with you every election nothing happens any diffrent. and yes i do think our constitution means something, and if you dont think it does get the %$#% out of my country! the sad thing is neither barak or mccain is eligible by the constitution to be president, but it just shows how the corporate elite show utter contempt for the people of this nation.

Do your homework. Both Barack and McCain are fully eligible. This just shows you are clinging to the first gossip talk to hit your hears and blindly follow it without figuring out the truth for yourself. Ironic, isn't it? By the way, your tone is getting extremely hostile. Must you be reminded about the rules of being civil and showing respect to others- even if they don't agree with your opinions?

the purpose of this thread was never to build up the republicans or mccain or bush. the republicans are sell outs. the purpose of this thread is to show people barak is no new messiah. he is the same old damn same old. he is a corporate canidate clown who hates our country (just like mccain) if you follow him blindly you will take this whole country to hell.

Who has claimed anything about Obama being any kind of 'messiah'? Thats simply the perception you're getting from a few outside sources. Obama has never claimed he's any kind of messiah and he can't control the 3rd parties that do... Which ironically is people exercising their right to free speak, something the constitution guarentees, yet you are criticizing so harshly.

i ask people to use logic and reason in this thread and all i get is emotion driven bull crap thrown at me....do some research!
your savior is just as crappy as the rest of them!

You really need to re-read your own statement and think how it applies to everything you've said so far. Are your opionions driven by fact (which you haven't presented much of), or personal perceptions that you've heard from your brothers, cousins, best friends girlfriend? Because you clearly haven't taken the time to check your 'facts' for yourself.

Out of curiosity, what qualities are you looking for in your president? On the current issues, what is your perfect presidental candidate? You claim to hate both McCain and Obama, even though they are almost polar opposites, so who/what would make you happy?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

This is NOT TRUE. It was debunked in THIS post on page 2 of this thread. Do you understand? He DIDN'T SAY it.

Uh, he actually did. There are at least 7 credible sources that heard him say it. Do you want me to post all of them?

transcripts.cnn.com...
slate.com...
blog.washingtonpost.com...
news.cnet.com...
i.abcnews.com...
fairproxy.com...

My job is to be so persuasive that if there’s anybody left out there who is still not sure whether they will vote, or is still not clear who they will vote for, that a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany … and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama, the Democrat said in Hanover.

In fact, the CNN article notes it was REMOVED from the transcript of his speech. Thats a lot of sources for something he didn't say.

After those 2 I stopped reading. You have LOST ALL credibility with me. You actually lost it a long time ago, but I try to give people a second and third chance. But you have totally blown your credibility with me.

To be perfectly honest, I could care less. My mom always told me, "consider the source".

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

You might want to check your own sources, Dronetek. Many of them mis-quoted the original text, and now it's been twisted around. This link is the word-for-word transcript: transcripts.cnn.com...

He is doing a great job.

Now, in the last day here, Dave only has one thing on his mind. He wakes up with this thought, he goes to sleep with this thought, he eats and lives and breathes and dreams about getting you to the polls tomorrow. That's all he is thinking about.

More specifically, getting you to the polls to vote for me. That's what he's thinking about.

(APPLAUSE)

That's his job, get you to the polls, vote for Obama. My job is to help him do his job. So I am going to try to be so persuasive in the 20 minutes or so that I speak that by the time this is over, a light will shine down from somewhere.

It will light upon you. You will experience an epiphany. And you will say to yourself, I have to vote for Barack. I have to do it.

And if you make that decision, if that moment happens, then it would be great -- even though it's just one day to go -- for you to fill out one of these supporter cards before you leave, because that way we'll know, you know, who, in fact, is going to be voting. Make sure that you are getting to the right precinct. It will be very heful to Dave in doing his job.

He's talking about supporting one of his campaign managers. Not how he is the next messiah. Deny Ignorance

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Many of them mis-quoted the original text, and now it's been twisted around.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Looks more like some in the media trying to cover for Obama. I seriously doubt so many sources would quote him saying it, if it never happened.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The op is correct in his thinking.

btw op

you can't argue to the ignorant.
they will only drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

remember that..show proof as you have.
and leave it that..that show's you meant business.

if they can't debunk 4000 piece's of evidence..of the religious undertone's of barrack oboma campaign to sway the weak minded.
they never will see it .

you can't make a cultist see the light..THE ONE has got them in his grasp i suppose lol

[edit on 6-8-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Sorry, I don't buy it. Looks more like some in the media trying to cover for Obama. I seriously doubt so many sources would quote him saying it, if it never happened.

You're right, he said it. There is no denying it. However, please refer to my post above. Several of the sources you quoted, misquoted what he said. I included the excert of the word-for-word transcript of what he said that day in New Hampshire, and it is different than what the OP is saying that he said. I did the digging around and concede that he did, indeed say the following quote:

Barack Obama, 7 January 2008
That's his job, get you to the polls, vote for Obama. My job is to help him do his job. So I am going to try to be so persuasive in the 20 minutes or so that I speak that by the time this is over, a light will shine down from somewhere.

It will light upon you. You will experience an epiphany. And you will say to yourself, I have to vote for Barack. I have to do it.

And if you make that decision, if that moment happens, then it would be great -- even though it's just one day to go -- for you to fill out one of these supporter cards before you leave, because that way we'll know, you know, who, in fact, is going to be voting. Make sure that you are getting to the right precinct. It will be very heful [sic] to Dave in doing his job...

Notice how it's different than many of the other 'sources' are quoting him? Notice when you read the entire context it's used in (he's talking about supporting his campaign manager...)?

All I'm asking is to be fair to the guy. It's silly to overanalyze and prejudge everything that he says. The old saying "you can't please everybody" applies here- no matter what he says, someone is going to take it the wrong way.

Feel free to hate him all you want, but at least do it for the right reasons, not the false ones you are force-fed by ignorant haters.

For the record, i'm not a obama supporter, I just hate seeing so much false accusations thrown at someone thats not here to speak for himself. Get your facts straight or stop spreading false propaganda.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sage08

For the record, i'm not a obama supporter, I just hate seeing so much false accusations thrown at someone thats not here to speak for himself. Get your facts straight or stop spreading false propaganda.

If it were just that one quote , you might have a point. However there are dozens and dozens of media and supporter quotes that imply they think hes not human. I mean, what other presidential candidate has the media calling for his speeches to be added to the bible?

EDIT: Also, that CNN article is the edited version (I posted the original too). The original had the correct quote. Like I said, its just the media attempting to cover for him. Its called, "Plausible Deniability".

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
reply to post by Sage08

If it were just that one quote , you might have a point. However there are dozens and dozens of media and supporter quotes that imply they think hes not human. I mean, what other presidential candidate has the media calling for his speeches to be added to the bible?

EDIT: Also, that CNN article is the edited version (I posted the original too). The original had the correct quote. Like I said, its just the media attempting to cover for him. Its called, "Plausible Deniability".

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Dronetek]

I've been digging around some more, and it seems that quote from the excerpt above is the correct one...
current.com...
buzz.yahoo.com...:current616:480ac859a9c3e8fd2dbe3a9ccf5cd2b3
blogs.reuters.com...

Honestly, it looks more and more like McCains mud-slinging advertisement has done more to brainwash people than Obama being a little overconfident, and probably a little arrogant. I also read in one of the blogs from several posters that claimed to have been there, and all of them said he was being 'satirical'. He knows some people have formed a cult-like following, and he was being sarcastic in saying that a 'light will shine down and you will vote obama', etc etc. It was a small group of people and they were laughing about it. Of course, others ran with it, and thanks to the disadvantages of the written word, it can easily be misunderstood. Whether thats true or not, I obviously can't verify, but something to think about.

Again, at least try to keep a open mind. Otherwise you fall into the same trap you try so hard to avoid (being led to believe something that isn't true).

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
[snip]Clearly you are some southerner who still thinks our constitution actually means anything,

Way to show tolerance. I guess one has to live in some thriving northern metropolis to have a brain in their heads.

[Goes back to the CEE-MINT POND with my cousin/wife and wait for my brainless a$$ to be saved by the messiah of the north]

[edit on 8/6/2008 by DrumJunkie]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sage08

Yes, I always thought that the "light shining down" was obviously tongue-in-cheek moment, just like McCain saying that he's uniquely qualified to lead the country because he's very old (saw it on TV myself).

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sage08

obviously you havnt read this thread at all. if you had you would notice i have been quite respectful of others opinions even if i disagree with them.
but as i have said from the begining i have no repect for the brainwashed.

i got mad when MaynardisGod came in here and started spouting off how all presidential canidates are related and he completely ignored the barak obama is related to cheney and bush. its so ignorant i couldnt stand it.

But he keeps getting criticized for being 'too liberal' yet he's the same damn thing? More hypocrisy, you clearly have another agenda since you provide very little substance to your ranting.

where in this thread did i say barak obama is too liberal? hmm? oh yeah NEVER. i have a problem with him being sold out to corporations, just like john mccain not with wether he wears a red tie or a blue tie. i guess this kind of intellectual perspective is way over your head, like i said there are 19,79,271,894,718,947 other rightwing leftwing threads if you want to throw partisan bull crap around. oh yeah and the thread is loaded with examples of obama cultism but just because you dont like the conclusion you ignore them... thats called cognative dissonance look it up.

Both Barack and McCain are fully eligible.

wrong again, mccain was born in panama. the constitution says a president must be born on american soil. no one knows where barak was born till he decides to show if his birth certificate was forged or not, many exsperts say it was, so until he relases it for review the jury is out on him.

i never said obama said he was the messiah. this is about his cult following and how his campaign and the media foster a messianic feel to his campaign. ive given lots of sources, if you ignore them cause you dont like the conclusion once again...cognative dissonance.

and barak and mccain are the same damn thing.
they both support iran strike
they both wont get us out of iraq
they both will use the constitution as toilet paper
they both will allow the illegals to flood the country and bankrupt our social structure.

some choice, my canidate is anyone who will protect this country from being raided by globalist corporate thugs. unfortuneatly my canidate will never get any coverage from the corporate media. i am unbiased i have no one to vote for this election. im only fighting ignorance, and there is alot of it in the obama cult.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumJunkie

yeah if everyone up north thinks our constitution dosnt mean anything, i think its time for the south to rise again! they can have there corrupt totalitarian state...just count us out. hahah

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join