It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples of the Obama Cult Effect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

...yep no religious undertones in this campaign. i am obviously just making all this up...

more on the messiah:

"... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire.
January 7, 2008.

oh how delicious a leader of a cult endorsing another cult leader!
the oprah has spoken...

We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

Chris Mathews sounds a little flustered!

This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

i hope obama grants me forgiveness for my blasphemy.
Obama save us all. All hail Obama full of grace...

[edit on 4-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Nice finds and just lends more credibility to the messiah prop argument which is obviously true.

Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth

Try a Golden Tounge of Treachury there Oprah.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
...yep no religious undertones in this campaign. i am obviously just making all this up...

That's called satire. Much like the New Yorker cover.

"... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire.
January 7, 2008.

That is not in that speech. Show me a source. I have searched for the phrase in the text of that speech and it isn't there.

Perhaps you shouldn't use "obamessiah.blogspot" as a "source".

And here's where I make my point. It's THOSE people who are obsessed with Obama to the point of making stuff up that he didn't even say! And who believes it???? YOU!

oh how delicious a leader of a cult endorsing another cult leader!
the oprah has spoken...

Ok, so Oprah Winfrey is REALLY likes him. But I'll bet you one of her paychecks she knows every issue and his position on it. She knows his experience and how he votes. And that doesn't sound like a cult follower to me. Same with Chris Matthews. They ARE impressed with him (as am I) but they ALSO have the background, they know where he stands and agree with him on the ISSUES. They have logical and sound reasons for supporting him.

For the third and last time, where are the people who are going around with stars in their eyes with NO RATIONAL BASIS, no logic, no reason?? According to your OP, THOSE are the people who bother you. Where are they??

And of course, jetxnet (one of the faithful followers himself) says it's a nice "find" and babbles something about credibility!

This is too much!
Enjoy your Kool-aid there boys.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

well no i know people personally who were members of the cult following but seriously they are everywhere and yes they are most definatly on this board. maybe you cant see it because they are on your side but i feel it is quite evident to most.

luckily the people i know are seeing through the feel good bull crap, after obamas FISA vote his stance on free trade, moderation on the iraq front and other things. they are seeing that the only change in his campaign is superfiscial at best. other cult members have not been so lucky.

your right hope is a good thing. but it needs to be based firmly in fact. if hope is not based in reality it becomes delusion...and i am seeing alot of delusional behaviour in this election. i feel obama is purposefully nebulous on many issues and has "found the center" in others that he should not have. i am suspicious of him and would like to comunicate to all the fanboys out there that they should not let their guard down either.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

so your saying this is all a fraud put on by the GOP?

Yes.

Originally posted by ZuzusPetals
Hope is a four letter word sayeth the great Hollywood Monkey Cult.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
When the sane and the logic is cast aside by the people and the candidate with the sound platform is torn asunder by the media and hidden from view.
who then stands for America ?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ok here is another excellent example of cult like behavior...from a US senator no less! no fact! no basis in reality! absolute absurdity! madness!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

what kind of country is it where a presidential canidate blows his nose and people appluad? that complet worship of a personality is the final nail in this countrys coffin. i can easily see obama being the next hitler. he is a good speaker, charismatic, insperational, and he keeps his motives heavily veiled. when i saw him speak in germany it made me want to vomit. that and barak wants to start his own obama youth corp

bulletin.aarp.org...

if people blindly follow this clown our country is going straight to hell...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Uhm...

That'd be me sir.

That's what I do.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i will flag this thread your speak the truth brother...

amen lol

yes people pass out at his peach's...pass out like the holy spirit got in them lo

here you go more proof ...of what you speak.

newsgroups.derkeiler.com... /2008-02/msg01369.htmll

Barack Obama tosses a water bottle after woman faints at Seattle
campaign rally (Courtesy Seattle Post-Intelligencer)

Call it the Barack Obama traveling salvation show - campaign rallies
and speeches that seem like the secular counterpart of tent-meeting
revivals and evangelistic sermons common in the U.S. a century ago.

And, in apparent similarity to the religious enthusiasm of that bygone
era, some of those coming to hear the Democrat presidential candidate
"preach" his message are fainting as he speaks.

its a cult by form if the word cult... here is the term from wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

"Cult" typically refers to a cohesive social group devoted to beliefs or practices that the surrounding population considers to be outside the mainstream.

A group's cult status begins as rumors spread of its novel belief system, its great devotions, its idiosyncratic practices, its perceived harmful or beneficial effects on members or its perceived opposition to the interests of mainstream cultures and governments. Persistent rumors may follow relatively small and recently founded religious or non-religious groups when they are perceived to engage in excessive member control or exploitation.

that sum's up obama cult...
it is a cult folk's..and will grow to kill america i agree
90% of blacks voted for him solely because he was black ...what does that tell you folk's..
it is not the time for this to happen ..and shall never be.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
90% of blacks voted for him solely because he was black ...what does that tell you folk's..

Source for that fact? Actually, Obama has had to work hard to gain support among the black community. He has even been accused of 'not being black enough'. www.time.com...

At one time, Hillary Clinton had the overwhelming support among blacks.

So, what is it that your 'fact' is supposed to tell me? So far all I've seen very little substance from the anti-Obama'rs here other than the same tired excuses that he's unpatriotic (up to personal perception), flip-flopped on the Iraq War (his stance has never changed, www.barackobama.com...), not enough accomplishments/experience (Do your homework: wizbangblue.com...).

Seriously, why so much hate for someone you know so little about? Is it because he has been successful so far in his politcal career? Most of the 'facts' you are basing your opinion on are false. That would seem to go against the 'Deny Ignorance' that is so important to the people of ATS. Can you be the stronger person and admit to yourself that maybe.. just maybe.... you could of been wrong about him? Or are you so stuck with your rebellious mindset that not even the truth means anything to you anymore? Are you rebeling against your own common sense and the hard facts presented to you?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
" I am one to wish Obama into office rather than Mccain "

Anyone,

who feels limited to a choice between these two,

has been boxed in by the enemy and don't even know it.

Everytime I see a comment like this. I just shake my head in wonder, why people cannot think outside the box!..

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
How about this, according to TIME magazine Obama was the first to compare himself to Paris Hilton. Wheres the media on that one? OBAMA CULT!

www.time.com...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Obama, its like jumping of cliff with the promise there will be a safety net.

McCain its like jumping of a cliff with the certainty there wont be any.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Obama could go to the podium drunk staggering and he would still trounce Mccain in the election .

Republicans have the Bush fallout to overcome and then Mccain is a bumbler
has always been a bumbler he has his foot in his mouth every time its opened

So no matter how you can cut it Republicans are toast .

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
reply to post by solo1

Uhm...

That'd be me sir.

That's what I do.

I thought it was Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Obama, its like jumping of cliff with the promise there will be a safety net.

McCain its like jumping of a cliff with the certainty there wont be any.

I think you missed the point of this thread. I firmly believe this country is going over a cliff no matter who is elected just like you. the diffrence with obama people is that they "HOPE" there is a saftey net. there is NO saftey net. At least if mccain is elected everyone knows were screwed. people will brace for impact as we go over the cliff. people will be very critical as no one trusts or believes him. this is a good thing. if people are alert and suspicious it is hard to pull stuff over on them. why do you think we havnt attacked Iran yet? because bush has a 12 percent approval rating. there could very well be riots in the streets.

the obama lemmings will follow obama in a swan dive right off the cliff with open arms talking about how this a new day in america and full of change. obama is a sold out corporate globalist canidate just like mccain, but people BELIEVE he is diffrent. this is my issue. this false religion of hope behind a canidate that is more of the same. i really truly loathe both canidates. i just want people to know what is comming.

here is a good way to gauge obama brainwashing. would you be happy if bush attacked iran? how would you feel if obama was elected and he said we need to attack iran? obama has made mention of attacking iran several times. if your upset when bush says it but may except it when obama says it...you might be an obama lemming.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

its cheap.
its sickning.
its every damn thing thats wrong with this country today.
wake up people! put the koolaid down!

You, sir, are sickening. I find people like you to be what's wrong with this country, past and present. People like you who spread such hate-mongering, idiotic rhetoric are not deserving of an intelligible rebuttal. I'd rather waste my energy "mixing my kool-aid."

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hilarious!

People, if you really want to witness a modern cult, go to the forums on Sean Hannity's site. You'll find a cult of our failed prez and his policies (and of course liberals are at fault), aggression in the middle East and zionism at the fever pitch.

Obama has got nothing on that. Obama cult? Sheesh. Hannity runs circles around Obama.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

here is a good way to gauge obama brainwashing. would you be happy if bush attacked iran? how would you feel if obama was elected and he said we need to attack iran? obama has made mention of attacking iran several times. if your upset when bush says it but may except it when obama says it...you might be an obama lemming.

I think you have a lemming complex yourself and the reason for this thread is that you are trying to administer some self-therapy. Seriously, the GWB/Cheney cult got you. Now, facing the crisis of YOUR cult, you are trying to invent another cult that would be convenient to blame.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join