It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples of the Obama Cult Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Over 200 years ago, the proud fore fathers of this country set out to create a new world. A world where religion and politics were seperate. A land where leaders would be chosen by the use of logic and reason and chosen by the people. A place where leaders would not be appointed by the elite and would not be worshipped blindly by the people. sadly today this is no longer the case. sure politicians have tried to use religion to their advantage before in the past, but never did a politician try and create a religion around themselves, at least in america. there are some examples from history, none of which are particularly attractive... think roman emperors, think Hitler.

The point of this all is that there is a brand new religion in america this election season, one that i find particularly disturbing. The Cult of Obama. We've all seen them family members, freinds, co workers, whose brains and logic are paraylized by the words "hope" and "change" Now the point of this post is not necessarily political i dont like any of the canidates. I take delight in the fact that mccains campaign seems to have as much vitality and fervor as "bridge night" at the old people home.

but the thing that disturbs me is the religious undertones to the obama campaign. the religious fanaticism of some of his followers. the utter disregard for logic and reason. the Obama campaign is delibrately creating this messianic atmosphere on purpose, and people are buying it! i find this not only immoral and corrupt but almost unconstitutional!

Now not every Obama supporter buys this garbage. Some stay distant and guarded and are planning to vote for obama on strictly the grounds that they hate McCain more. I understand and respect this position. I get really creeped out though when i run into some of the hardcore Obama fanboys. No reason, No logic, just pure devotion.

Now if I was to document every instance of "Obamas Witnesses" I would have to type 3,456 pages so I am going to stick to some prominent examples.

On July 10th, Spike Lee said

When Obama is elected, it will change everything. ... You'll have to measure time
by `Before Obama' and `After Obama,'" Lee said during the panel. "It's an
exciting time to be alive now." ...

"Everything's going to be affected by this seismic change in the universe," he
said.

could he sound any more brainwashed? good god! obama is a mortal man who happens to be running for office propped up by corporations and a corrupt media. and you get comments like this like he was more important than christ himself...wow

heres an official campaign flyer from kentucky:

its cheap.
its sickning.
its every damn thing thats wrong with this country today.
wake up people! put the koolaid down!

[edit on 4-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I agree, and while I am one to wish Obama into office rather than Mccain, I still have a strong distrust and ignorance of where he stands on most issues. I haven't seen much of his previous experience so I can't make judgments on him either way, however one strong judgment I have against him is he seems to change his mind on the issues hes been running on already which has me kind of worried.

I as well however don't understand these people that are so devoted and yet know nothing of him. It seems like leaping from a building and just hoping there is a safety net down there but not really knowing that it exists down there. You also can't seem to reason with these people just like radical Christians. Kind of frightening if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Has anyone ever stopped to think about what happens to all of this Obama literature and memorabilia if he loses? Does it become collector's items or will it go into the trash?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You're right. God forbid people actually LIKE the person they are voting for and supporting. God forbid that a politician become popular among the people.

We are so used to hating and criticizing politicians that when someone comes along that people LIKE, it's somehow a cult or something.

I agree that people can get carried away in the hopefulness about him. But why is that a bad thing? Those excited people are much better than the apathetic crowd any day. Atleast they are excited about something! How does that hurt the rest of us?

Your Kentucky flyer example is clearly reaching out to religious people with a message of Obama's faith in the "Lord", it says it right on there. It doesn't say come follow me, but that we should go out and the Lord's work, with a Christian cross in the background, at a pulpit in a Christian church.

Though, based on your image to the left, I can safely assume you are a little biased against him, and that you will find a way to spin anything against him as well....

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've been a student of people for about a decade now, both individually and as groups. I have a few points to toss out there.

1) Cult effects are entrenched in every mass movement ever contrived or started. It's the way we as humans associate with each other when we are working in tandem AND there is some amount of positive energy about it (negative energy turns into mobs and violence most often).

There is nothing particular about this, Obama, any type of contrivance, etc. This is not abnormal.

Remember when Tickle me Elmos were all the rage. People were struck plain stupid by the things and went to ridiculous ends to get one. When push comes to shove, the average bear doesn't know or understand all that much about political theory, the structure of government, economics, etc, etc, so it stands to reason that they latch onto simple marketing ploys.

2) Simple Marketing ploys. Food for the masses. Easy to digest and regurgitate, it's how American politics is played these days, from news to political stances, to elections.

The lowest common denominator is how the game is played.

3) Obama is a pretty good speaker more often than not, so he can give them hope when there is little knowledge to base that on (see lowest common denominator comment above).

He is effective and has been carefully groomed and managed.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcloud313
I agree, and while I am one to wish Obama into office rather than Mccain, I still have a strong distrust and ignorance of where he stands on most issues. I haven't seen much of his previous experience so I can't make judgments on him either way, however one strong judgment I have against him is he seems to change his mind on the issues hes been running on already which has me kind of worried.

Really? The ability to change one's mind has you worried?

This sounds like baiting but I'll bite.

Obama hasn't changed his mind. If you undersand American politics you will note many things. One it's built on compromise between two parties.

You start off on the extremes in Primary season. Then after primary season, you saunter over the the middle, hopefully via compromise to that the ground you give up is covered by the ground you gain.

In the most recent accusation of Obama changing his mind, the off shore drilling. He said "Sure I'll support a bill on offshore drilling as long as it also has provisions for solar, wind and biofules."

That's not "changing one's mind"

I as well however don't understand these people that are so devoted and yet know nothing of him.

Most of us who support him know plenty of him. What I find funny is that you don't know me or the rest of the Obama supporters, yet you claim that we don't know anything about Obama.

That is just paradoxical projection if you ask me.

It seems like leaping from a building and just hoping there is a safety net down there but not really knowing that it exists down there.

Really? That's how it appears? I thought you said at the beginning of your post you wanted Obama to win. What are your reasons? Or are you just attempting to bait us here by acting like a supporter who is disallusioned with him?

How did the GB supporters look to you?

The Clinton Supporters?

The Reagan Supporters?

The Carter Supporters?

You also can't seem to reason with these people just like radical Christians. Kind of frightening if you ask me.

And with that, you attempt to shut the door on any actual discussion, dismissing anyone who has a rational thought as like a "radical christian".

Here are some of the reasons I am voting Obama

1. Obama is the best PR man America has had in decades.
2. Obama has the ability to reason, change his mind, and find common ground with others.
3. Obama inspires people to better themselves and their world.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kaffemoka

well i dont have a problem with people liking a politician. thats fine, heck it might even be a good thing, but that politician must EARN the respect of the people. respect isnt just given on a whim it must be earned. what has obama done to earn this respect? anything? does anyone know what his acomplishments are? because to me it looks like his whole campaign runs on wishful thinking, hope, puppies and unicorns. sorry im gonna need more than that to bow down before the saivior.

the "hope" and "believe" bull crap is dangerous because we are electing the leader of one of the most armed countries on the face of the earth. this isnt a religion and he shouldnt have desciples. we all need to be critical of him. he will have nuke luanch codes. sorry im gonna need more than to just "hope" that your a good guy and not nuts. honestly didnt anyone learn anything from having jorge bush in there for 8 years.

also you can assume im biased but youd be wrong. like i have said plenty of times i dislike both canidates. currently i am looking for a new avatar of juan mccain in a lowrider wearing a giant sombrero holding some tacos. sorry if you dont have a sense of humor but i like to have fun sometimes.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Really? The ability to change one's mind has you worried?

This sounds like baiting but I'll bite.

Obama hasn't changed his mind. If you undersand American politics you will note many things. One it's built on compromise between two parties.

You start off on the extremes in Primary season. Then after primary season, you saunter over the the middle, hopefully via compromise to that the ground you give up is covered by the ground you gain.

In the most recent accusation of Obama changing his mind, the off shore drilling. He said "Sure I'll support a bill on offshore drilling as long as it also has provisions for solar, wind and biofules."

That's not "changing one's mind"

I as well however don't understand these people that are so devoted and yet know nothing of him.

Most of us who support him know plenty of him. What I find funny is that you don't know me or the rest of the Obama supporters, yet you claim that we don't know anything about Obama.

That is just paradoxical projection if you ask me.

It seems like leaping from a building and just hoping there is a safety net down there but not really knowing that it exists down there.

Really? That's how it appears? I thought you said at the beginning of your post you wanted Obama to win. What are your reasons? Or are you just attempting to bait us here by acting like a supporter who is disallusioned with him?

How did the GB supporters look to you?

The Clinton Supporters?

The Reagan Supporters?

The Carter Supporters?

You also can't seem to reason with these people just like radical Christians. Kind of frightening if you ask me.

And with that, you attempt to shut the door on any actual discussion, dismissing anyone who has a rational thought as like a "radical christian".

Here are some of the reasons I am voting Obama

2. Obama has the ability to reason, change his mind, and find common ground with others.

I probably should have been a little more specific about the types of voters I was speaking about, you are different than the ones I was talking about, as you actually have reasons to vote for him. I was aiming a little more for certain types of people that just put blind faith into this particular candidate while not knowing much about him if anything.

On the subject of him changing his mind, the issue that has me worried is his recent lenience on the war in Iraq and being less criticizing of it. My reasons for wishing him to win is because McCain frankly scares me with his joking about possible more wars and his suggesting one hundred years in Iraq and so on. Other than that as I said I do not know enough about Obama to back him more. Instead of saying these people I should've been more specific as I said I was speaking about the supporters that do it just out of blind faith and have no wish to criticize anything Obama does.

I agree Obama is very good with the Public Relations which is good, we need to mend the international opinion of the United States, and I agree with the later two except I dislike him changing his stance on the Iraq War...what I was more speaking of is I don't think we know enough about his political experiences and his absolute stands on the issues.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcloud313

I as well however don't understand these people that are so devoted and yet know nothing of him. It seems like leaping from a building and just hoping there is a safety net down there but not really knowing that it exists down there. You also can't seem to reason with these people just like radical Christians. Kind of frightening if you ask me.

excellent post. thank you. It is possible to support obama and not be a worshipper and i respect that. this is a difficult election and honestly i cant make up my mind, im not going to vote i am so disgusted at both of them. some might call it a cop out but its all i can do. no matter who gets elected this election the american people need to be very sober headed and critical. keep a watchful eye out. you cant just "believe" you have to "know"

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

wow here is the translation of what you just said:

1. Obama is super cool
2. Obama knows how to flip flop and appeal to the masses
3. Obama makes people feel all warm and happy inside

this is exactly the type of behaviour that bothers me. no substance. no fact. all feelings and spin.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcloud313

Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't think he has changed his stance on the war, as much as he has found the best way to reach the goal of getting us out of Iraq.

That's my take on it though.

Once again, thanks for the posts and clearing up the ambiguity.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Yes Quaz, I agree with the compromise issue. But who did he compromise with. I also understand politics and the thing about primary and general election. But wouldn't a person who advertise himself as a new change stick to what he believes in both the primary and general election. That would definitely show that he isn't like other politicians. All he and McCain have shown me is that they are both willing to change their views in exchange for votes. It is just like any other election.

When Obama started running and said Bring the troops home, my ears perked up. But as I heard him go on my ears perked down because I knew he was just feeding a line of Bull. He no longer mentions bringing them home because he knows it won't happen in the next 4 years. He knows they will still be in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I just feel our troops have fought long enough. Bring them all home. We are not going to beat the terrorist with an all out war because we are fighting groups not a country. We need to beat the terrorist with co-op operations, clamping down on the black market, and a whole lot intelligence information.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I probably should have been a little more specific about the types of voters I was speaking about, you are different than the ones I was talking about, as you actually have reasons to vote for him.

Can you give me a specific example of of someone who is voting for Obama without actual reasons?

See, I have a theory that the GOP put this "messiah" thing out there and it doesn't actually exist.

I don't think we know enough about his political experiences and his absolute stands on the issues.

I know a WHOLE LOT about his political experience. I have perused his voting record. I have delved into his experience. So, maybe YOU don't know a lot about him, but that's just because you haven't looked. It's available.

As to the OP, I'll refer you to my post here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I don't think it's the Obama supporters who belong to a cult, I think the obsession with Obama comes in making negative posts and threads about him and his supporters. You, not the supporters of Obama, are the ones obsessed with the man and operate in a cult-like behavior.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

so your saying this is all a fraud put on by the GOP?
well sorry i didnt get any talking points. this certainly isnt helping mccain as he is a complete joke, no one really supports him he is just an alternative to obama. thats where most of mccains votes will come from.

and like i said i have no issues with people who have done research and are voting with obama. sure obama has flipped on many issues "finding the center" if you will. my issue is with people who are unconcerned with the issues. the blind followers that scream the words "hope" and "believe" without knowing or caring what is supposed to be so profound about his stances on things.

if someone comes up to me and says "i really like obamas stance on NAFTA" i wont agree with them at all but i will respect that they have done their research. i have no respect for the mindless parroting and cultlike behavior of some of his followers.

i know you support him but you seem to have your reasons, thats fine. as long as people know the policy of what their voting for thats fine. but this country should not be run on feelings and "hope" times are bad we need realism. no matter who is elected people should not be in a religious fervor they need to be level headed and objective.

i dont see how you can say with a straight face that there are no messianic undertones to the obama campaign. i see this as underhanded and decietful on the part of his campaign.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Once you get beyond those paper-thin qualifications for office, Obama is nothing but a mass of flaws, bad character traits, and left-wing agitprop. While the press lauds Obama as if he just cured cancer and invented a car that runs on lawn clippings in the same day, everyone else can't help but notice...

SNOBBORY

If little girls are made up of sugar, spice, and everything nice, then Obama is made up of arugula, personal presidential seals, and hubris. Never before has a candidate with so few accomplishments to his name looked so far down his nose at the American people.

The Lack of Patriotism

Rather famously, Obama refused to hold his hand over his heart for the national anthem and publicly made a point of not wearing a flag pin -- and then had the "audacity" to complain when people quite naturally questioned his patriotism. Since then, Obama replaced the American flag on his plane with his own symbol and made a point of running down his country and calling himself a "citizen of the world" while he was overseas. Is having a President who loves his own country too much to ask? In Obama's case, apparently so.

So true. So true and yet there is even more to the Great Pretender.

Source

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree with the op.

church's use the old line.
You got to have faith.

obama use's ...you got to have HOPE & believe..

and obama cultist's get offended soon as you speak ill of him..like your speaking about jesus or Mohamed ..blasphemers they shout.

then they always use you just don't like him cause he is black.

not to mention....if i spent 20+ years in a church saying black people started aid's in america to kill whitey..i believe what my REV was saying...or i would have left wayyyyyyyyyyy before new's caught him saying it...
so to me the racist is obama and his wife.

otherwise they would have not of spent 20+ years in a church filled with hate towards white people.

Gd america...20+ years of that beat in there head's..and he wants me to believe thats the only time it was said.....BULLCRAP..

anyone every listen to any thing someone said 20+ years and never believed what he was saying?
i think not too.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Has anyone ever stopped to think about what happens to all of this Obama literature and memorabilia if he loses? Does it become collector's items or will it go into the trash?

I think they'll save it for 2012...I'm sure he'll want to run again.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Obama knows there won't be a 2012 election and that is why he wants "to leave nothing to chance" in trying to win this election. He continues to fumble.

Obama knows the New World order will be in effect and the US will be the North American Union by 2010.

Under a Union, the election process will likely change along with less individual liberties.

Not what the country was founded on and what both Kennedy and Licoln opposed and warned the American people about.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
so your saying this is all a fraud put on by the GOP?

Fraud? I don't know how you get fraud out of what I said, but what I'm saying is that I think the GOP started this rumor (a talking point, if you will) that Obama is some kind of "savior" to his supporters. That his supporters only support him because of some illusive "idea" of him being the chosen one or something. I'm saying I don't know anyone who thinks of him as a savior or messiah or any of that... The only people I hear allude to that are people who are against him.

my issue is with people who are unconcerned with the issues. the blind followers that scream the words "hope" and "believe" without knowing or caring what is supposed to be so profound about his stances on things.

Who are these people? People here on ATS? I haven't seen them. That's why I'm saying it's manufactured. People say I've "drunk the koolaid", that Obama is my "messiah", that I'm all caught up in Obama-rama (OK I made that one up, but you get the idea) I get accused of belonging to the cult. But even you admit that I have my reasons for supporting him.

So, where are these cult members? Are they here on ATS?

i have no respect for the mindless parroting and cultlike behavior of some of his followers.

But I get accused of mindless parroting and cult-like behavior. And you know yourself that I am not a cult member. So, what I want to know is - are these real people you're talking about or just an idea of some people "out there"...

but this country should not be run on feelings and "hope"

Who said the country would be run on hope? Hope is not a bad thing. Hope is a good thing to have. It's not by any means all there is to Obama, though. Just because someone wants hope and change, doesn't mean they're vacuous and ignorant of Obama's positions and policies. You hear the word and you determine that there's nothing more to the person.

i dont see how you can say with a straight face that there are no messianic undertones to the obama campaign.

I didn't say that. I said that the supporters I know don't think of him that way. It's a joke. Mostly perpetuated by the GOP.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join